Luvd.n.lost.09

im not positive what the stitch is called but its a chevron made of shells & netting...

Question

ok so i have a picture from the internetof a test swatch of this stitch design & i love it but i can not for the life of me figure it out..i dont have a diagram/chart or any written instructions...just this picture i found one day on google and that irritating glare was there when i found the picture on google...

im thinking the first row consists of ch5 sk 4 sc next ch5 sk 4 sc next ch3 sk2 5dc shell next, ch3 sk2 ch5sk4sc next ch5 sk4 sc next etc.. with a sc in the last ch. 

then beginning next row with ch5  & 1 sc in first chsp then ch3 5dc shell in 1st dc of shell below.then 1 sc 3rd dc of shell below then 5dc in 5th dc of shell below ch3 sc next ch5sp  ch5 sc next ch5sp ch3 & repeat. ending with ch2 & 1 dc in tch.

then the next row ch1 1sc in same st ch3 5 dc shell  but idk where its being made/what stitch its in?

i dont even know if i have the first part correct...everytime i try to work it up i cant get it to lay flat or look nice...it starts increasing  & gets wider & wider with each row..

im not very experienced & i am almost completely self taught through practice & online blogs/videos/tutorials etc...i have known the basic stitches almost 15 years now but i really just started getting into this craft about 5 years ago. & since day 1 i have been way in over my head trying to do the advanced stuff that beginners shouldnt be worrying about like designing my own items & make one of a kind things with out really following a pattern  & its just been such a headache but i still do it & i still love it. but yeah if ayone could maybe help me out..i can read written instructions no problem & can for the most part figure out any chart/diagram i come across..so either would be wonderful...thank you...

12_small2.jpg

4 answers to this question

Empress, you are a Google Goddess.  That does looks like it, thanks for the link (and to the OP for starting the hunt), that's a really pretty ripple.

I just made a scarf using this pattern!   The link above is correct.  If you need any help feel free to msg me 

88D75402-14B5-470A-ACC7-9B551F919550.jpeg