Irish Crochet Sugar Skull

TexasPurl

The beautiful sugar skulls used by the Latin community to celebrate Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead) are part of the celebration that focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and help support their spiritual journey. This is my 1st serious attempt of Irish Crochet thus, Irish crochet meets Day of the Dead. I sketched my idea on black foam board. Then used various motifs and a lot of technical help from sheruknitting on Youtube. I'm pretty pleased.

This type of art is probably quite subjective. You either love or not so much.

Dia_de_Muertos_medium2.jpg

That's an absolutely awesome design!  I see what you mean--not everyone would want this on there coffee table, but I love the way every piece has a reason to be there; decoration but also to bring out the shape and features.  Kudos!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Granny Square said:

That's an absolutely awesome design!  I see what you mean--not everyone would want this on there coffee table, but I love the way every piece has a reason to be there; decoration but also to bring out the shape and features.  Kudos!

Thank you!

21 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I love it.  You did a perfect job.  Amazing how you did it on your own.

I have a Day of the Dead pillow I bring out every year.

Yours is very pretty.

Thank you Mary Jo! It was challenging & now I'm totally addicted to Irish crochet!

• 7 months later...