Counting Crochet Hook

Interesting.  Are you sure this isn't a row counter, which is a stand-alone tool (I've never used one; I also knit, and I think row counters might be used more by knitters than crocheters just by the nature of the stitch appearance).  I think it would be a pain to click the button each stitch, and knowing me I'd forget for a while, and wonder where I left off....  Plus it sort of looks like you could click it by mistake just using the hook.

I personally would pass.  If you have trouble keeping track of stitches, you might think of using stitch markers (I use bobby pins, they're cheap and stay put; if I do lose one, which is rare, it's no biggie).  If I have to chain 300, I'll put a stitch marker in every 50th stitch; or if it says 'increase at the edge every 4th row, 5 times', I'll put markers in the increases to keep track of where the increase was, and how many I've done, for a couple of examples.

I saw these last week at JoAnn's and my first reaction was "Meh, just another gimmick". I do just like Granny Square and mark my stitches every so often.

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2020 at 7:03 AM, Crochetbutterfly2020 said:

Hello I have tried many times to locate the counting crochet hook. I can not find them on amazon, Joann's, Micheal's. If anyone know where I can purchase this hook please let me know. I'm curious to know how fast I crochet. Thank you 

Looks like they may be discontinued. You might get an answer from their website contact Link.

On 3/10/2020 at 9:03 AM, Crochetbutterfly2020 said:

Hello I have tried many times to locate the counting crochet hook. I can not find them on amazon, Joann's, Micheal's. If anyone know where I can purchase this hook please let me know. I'm curious to know how fast I crochet. Thank you 

In addition to their site, as Reni posted, they're on facebook so you might look there.  

I don't think this would work for checking your speed.  Pressing the counter button would only slow you down, and it looks like it doesn't keep track of time .  Instead you could set a timer for a set time, say one or two minutes,  and crochet as much as possible then when timer goes off, count your stitches.  

Crochetbutterfly2020, stitch counters don't tell you how fast you crochet, stitch counters (or more commonly called / used as row counters) have buttons that you have to manually 'click' to count.  Notice that there is a 'counter button' shown on the photo.  

You should be able to find counters (stand alone things, not attached to hooks) at the fabric or yarn store.  Oops I see Magic crochetfan has just posted and said the same thing...

edit, Joanns has some a digital one (looks like you wear it like a watch) https://www.michaels.com/coats-susan-bates-digital-row-counter/10480857.html  or a manual clicker https://www.michaels.com/clover-mini-knitting-counter/10234449.html   or  https://www.michaels.com/loops-and-threads-knit-tally-set-2ct./10317992.html

Edited by Granny Square