Greyhound Fisherman Sweater

Morinar4

Question

Hello All!

I am looking for a specific pattern called the greyhound fisherman sweater. 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/greyhound-fisherman-sweater

The designer, Ms. Lenora Conlon, sadly passed away in 2015 and her patterns are hard to find. Based on everything that I have found, she was a brilliant pattern designer and wonderful person who loved greyhounds. I would love to make this sweater for my own noodle horse. 

Can anyone help me out in finding this pattern?

Thank you for your time! 

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  I don't have an insight on how  to get that exact pattern (very cool by the way, I don't blame you for wanting it), but, if it were me...(and I'm suggesting this because I'm assuming you've done cables and bobbles before, and hopefully pattern tweaking experience)...

I'd look for a free greyhound coat that probably has a plain stitch pattern, and find some Aran style blanket patterns with bobbles and cable elements that appeal to you, and marry the Aran motifs to the dog blanket pattern.  You might not have to look farther than Redheart.com, they have a bunch of lovely free Aran style afghan patterns.  Or you might have better luck than I did at finding online stitch 'dictionaries' for crochet.

I did find a coat pattern (it's free) that might be adaptable for your pooch.  You need to create a logon to Lionbrand to download it.  It has a schematic, so you could measure your dog and see which size might work (or how you might have to adapt it); here are the sizes:

SIZE: Small, Medium, Large, XL

Finished Neck Circumference About 12 (14, 16, 18) in. (30.5 (35.5, 40.5, 45.5) cm)

Finished Chest About 16 (20, 24, 28) in. (40.5 (51, 61, 71) cm. Finished chest measurement includes about 2 (2, 3, 3,) in. (5 (5, 7.5, 7.5) cm) of Belts and can be adjusted by placement of buttons.

Finished Length 11 (15, 18 1/2, 24) in. (28 (38, 47, 61) cm), including neck ribbing.

Or, if you have a purchased coat for your pup that's close to the shape you want, make a swatch with the yarn you want to use and just follow the shape using your stitch width and row gauge.

Archived