crochet donations for your fav charity January 2019 updated

katyallen815

Hi all  Thread revised jan 29019   

opened another " crochet for your favorite charity " thread where you can show and tell and talk about all your goodies for the upcoming new year   either started,  or in progress or  fresh off the hook   i have finished mailing out for the old year and will start forward again jan 2019  hope to see you here!!

Jan 2019  14 hats, 14 scarves mailed jan 8 and 19th, recd.

Feb  2019       

14 hat and scarf sets, 10 single hats, 2 fingerless gloves and a dozen washcloths in 2 boxes  mailed feb 5,2019

and one box containing 12 small bird nests for the Va. Beach Wildlife rescue and rehab. mailed feb 5 2019 

one box containing 29 6 inch squares and 4  8 inch squares to Pam for Pine ridge,Mailed Feb 5, 2019 

thats it so far here is a pic of those nests pm me or Pineknot on the ville for more info they use these for rescued little animals to keep them warm           

000_0572.JPG

Ok  I make baby blankets for the NICU at St Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa.  I have about 12 blankets made up already and I will be taking them to the hospital before the end of this year.  I am going to talk to the manager there and let her know that I will be bringing her blankets every quarter so my next delivery will me March 2019.  I will post pictures before I deliver to her this year.  Thanks for doing this

On 10/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, katyallen8090 said:

Hi all  posted weds 23rd oct  

opened another " crochet for your favorite charity " thread where you can show and tell and talk about all your goodies for the upcoming new year 2019  maybe what you hope to accomplish or what you just mailed out   you can post now too even if you wont mail probably till january  2019   kinda get a head start lol  here is entry  one,  i will hold onto till jan  2019  it is intended for Pine Ridge Reservation in s. Dakota 

its a baby ghan about 31 -32 inches all granny square, and made for a baby boy  i intend to do a hat to match and will post that when done  thanks and please feel free to post all your donation pics here  make sure to tell us what charity you made it for and if or if not you mailed it out  this year or  will next year  i  will post often  as this is a good way to keep track of my donations lol   lol I have two more on my granny square thread pages 111 and 112 also for same charity  re is that link come join us !!  

000_0509.JPG

Katy--I just LOVE this afghan!!! Could you share your pattern with me?  Pretty Please??!!

These blankets will be making there way to St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa. to the NICU.  I will be going to my first volunteer meeting tomorrow and meeting with the manager of the NICU.  I am going to take my blankets every quarter in 2019 so this is the shipment for the 4th quarter of 2018.

001.JPG

• 1 month later...

well  and so soon starts a new year huh  i did not post all i sent out to charities but got to some of them  i guess we are starting a fresh new year and will try to post goodies in january and beyond  merry christmas to all and happy new year too!  

On 11/11/2018 at 6:02 PM, segi1974 said:

These blankets will be making there way to St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa. to the NICU.  I will be going to my first volunteer meeting tomorrow and meeting with the manager of the NICU.  I am going to take my blankets every quarter in 2019 so this is the shipment for the 4th quarter of 2018.

001.JPG

those are fabulous!!

On 2/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, pineknott said:

Katy

how long do you make your scarves?

I'm not Katy, but I can answer that, I think!  For children, I usually make the scarves around 48" long--for adults, about 60"

Archived