Babys cocoon sizes

Beba11

Question

Hello everyone , i have been crochting for very long time , i started to learn how to crochet cocoons , you see i love it but the proplem is im deciding to open a new bussnis selling some crocheted stuff like cocoons , the proplem is i dont know what size should i make , most of my country ladys who crochet told me to make the cocoon size for 0-3 month baby :-

length : 50 cm 

width from one side : 30 cm 

and for 3-6 month :

length : 60 cm 

width from one side : 35 cm 

i think these sizes r write but im worried if i sell some basic on these sizes it may not be acceptable by customers if they were too big as i thought , some told me to reduce the sizes each 5 cm saying this is the best size , another a friend of mine told me to ask the customer openion about what size they want but most of custmers may be new mothers so they may not know what exact size they need.

my proplem is when it come to sell some stuff  i always think about the customer's openion that they may hate the size or the look of it so im worried .

pls help me what do u think about the sizes ?

2 answers to this question

It really boils down to what size the baby is, or how old.  Do you have a shop, or a booth in a store, or just take special orders?  If you're just selling them "blind" (meaning-not knowing the size of the baby) you need to make several sizes (as samples).  My crochet club makes several sizes, because we sell at Crafts Shows, AND direct order.  Most patterns have several different sizes, so I'd just make up one of each size, to let the customer choose the one they want.  Hope this helps!

Archived