New & Having Issues

Inspired7

Hi All,

I'm new here and having an issue with fsc.   Let me first say that I have been crocheting  on and off since I was 7.  But crocheting steady for the last 2 years or so and I like to think getting pretty good.  I have done the fdc with no problems but the FSC is killing me and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  It curls.  In hind sight maybe not too big a deal since it is the foundation of a yoke or neckline, but I would prefer it to be straight.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  If I make the first pull through for the chain too loose then I get big holes.  If I do it a little tighter it curls.  

Thanks so much!

KIMG0370.JPG

Welcome to the 'ville! :hi 

It looks plenty loose, so I don't think that's the problem. 

I avoid using foundation stitches because I don't like the way it looks, but that's just me and I know that there are a lot of fans of the technique.  My two cents :2c is that the way the stitch is made, not across a straight line but rather into the side of a stitch, causes it to curl initially.  But subsequent rows will straighten it out.

Hi  and Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

I still have trouble with that stitch, but maybe this will help. https://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-foundation-single-crochet-fsc/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived