help with tablecloth pattern

lizardbug

Question

Hi,

I just got a book with mesh crochet patterns and I was looking over the patterns and in one I would really like to do it has (N) 4 times. What is N. I've looked in the section of the book that has instructions for stitches and abbreviations but cant find anything. I've included a picture of the part of the pattern that has the instructions.

Thank you for any help,

Liz

2018-10-09 12.59.45.jpg

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

Pretty pattern!  I've worked quite a few filet doilies (not so ambitious as to do a big tablecloth) and haven't run into anything that I can imagine "N" would be.  The only thing I can think of is a lacet, which I've seen called a "K" stitch since it looks like the letter K tipped over to the left so it looks like  \/ 

This looks like it is from a book of patterns, is there perhaps a glossary of special terms at the end of this pattern, or at the beginning or end of the book?  The only other thing I can think of, since it appears to be charted, is to find where you are on the chart and make a guess that way?

Also, reading beyond the N...an alternate (and for me at least, tidier) way to increase at the end of a row instead of triples is the foundation DC, there are lots of videos on the 'net if you've not done these before.

Thank you for trying to help. I have scoured the book at the beginning and end to see if it says what N is but it doesn't. The book is called ondori crochet lace with complete diagrams. It's weird. I've found this book again in my stash and now I remember why I put it away lol but the patterns are so beautiful I would love to finally figure it out.

Archived