Crocheting - Yes am addicted!!!πŸ˜‰

Crochet Boi 52

Hi there fellow Crocheters,

I have been addicted to Crochet for about 6 years now, and I LOVE IT!!!! Am into Filet, Tunisian, Thread, Pjoning and Bosnian - all different forms, all addictive as each other!!!

Have just begun my journey into the addictive art form of Tunisian Crochet, so am busy buying myself a few different types ofΒ  Crochet Hooks for that, and a few Books from Amazon too!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts on here too!

Happy Hooking

NicolasπŸπŸ‘

1 minute ago, Granny Square said:

Welcome!Β  I learned something new, had to go look up Pjoning, I've not run into that term before before.

Oh thank you for the welcome!!πŸ˜‰ Yes it's different to normal Crochet, by using strange hooks!! Did you have a look on Pinterest??πŸ˜‰

Welcome Crochet Boi 52. Hope you have as much fun here as we do. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

I have one of these hooks from the 1950's an aunt gave me. I haven't a clue yet where it is after our big move. It is fun to work with though and if you think about it, the shape makes perfect sense for sl-st patterns. Worked for me anyway. Now, does anyone know how to pronounce it? LOL

14 hours ago, ReniC said:

Welcome Crochet Boi 52. Hope you have as much fun here as we do. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

I have one of these hooks from the 1950's an aunt gave me. I haven't a clue yet where it is after our big move. It is fun to work with though and if you think about it, the shape makes perfect sense for sl-st patterns. Worked for me anyway. Now, does anyone know how to pronounce it? LOL

Yeah the Hooks do look strange!!! I did have 3 made, but like you seem to have lost them!😯Anyhow they feel strange to hold too, and unfortunately the only pattern I could find was from a lady who had wrote a book, but it's all in Norwegian, and my Norwegian isn't that crash hot!!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Did you ever try yours??

On β€Ž9β€Ž/β€Ž25β€Ž/β€Ž2018 at 4:48 AM, Crochet Boi 52 said:

Yeah the Hooks do look strange!!! I did have 3 made, but like you seem to have lost them!😯Anyhow they feel strange to hold too, and unfortunately the only pattern I could find was from a lady who had wrote a book, but it's all in Norwegian, and my Norwegian isn't that crash hot!!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Did you ever try yours??

I did make some scarves some time back and they were fun to make. There are several patterns online and even on youtube. I just typed in "slip stitch crochet with a Pjoning tool". Here's just one: Β https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/slip-stitch-bosnian-crochet-978503Β 

22 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

HiΒ Β and WelcomeΒ  to Crochetville from theΒ Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Hey there Tampa Doll,

Thanks for the lovely welcome too!!

Nicolas ☺

19 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Welcome!!!! From Phx....Glad to have a Boi around the boards now....Can't wait to see some of your work.....🌈😏

Hey Jauashiangel,

Thanks for your lovely message too!!

Nicolas ☺

5 hours ago, ReniC said:

I did make some scarves some time back and they were fun to make. There are several patterns online and even on youtube. I just typed in "slip stitch crochet with a Pjoning tool". Here's just one: Β https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/slip-stitch-bosnian-crochet-978503Β 

Wow ReniC,

Thanks for your lovely message too!!!!

That's AWESOMEπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'm really impressed with what you managed to find!!!!!

Don't suppose you took any photos of your AMAZING scarves??? Am just going to follow the link you so kindly sent me and relax with a coffee β˜•

Thanks again☺

7 minutes ago, Terri/LadySorce said:

Howdy from Oklahoma

Β Welcome to Crochetville Crochet Boi/Nicolas

Glad to have you here.

Hi Terri/LadySorce,

Thanks for the.messageβ˜ΊπŸ‘

Great to hear from you too!!!

NicolasπŸπŸ‘

6 hours ago, Crochet Boi 52 said:

Wow ReniC,

Thanks for your lovely message too!!!!

That's AWESOMEπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'm really impressed with what you managed to find!!!!!

Don't suppose you took any photos of your AMAZING scarves??? Am just going to follow the link you so kindly sent me and relax with a coffee β˜•

Thanks again☺

Ah- You're welcome. As far as the photos, back then I didn't think to take pics of my crochet work. Go figure cuz I have always documented all my other art form loves. I do now though! LOL Enjoy your surf and cup-a-joe.

14 hours ago, PinkGlitter said:

Hello from Texas!Β Β 

Howdy PinkGlitter,

Great to hear from you too!!!

NicolasπŸπŸ‘πŸπŸπŸ

Archived