What am I doing wrong??

Mollymoon

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi and welcome to the 'ville!

Cute pattern!  I'm really not seeing anything wrong, are the moccasins coming out too big?

I do see that your DC decreases at the top of the foot seem to be a tad taller proportionately than those in the lower pic, but we all have differences in our stitch height gauges.  Here's an interesting blog about that.  (I happen to be a yanker, and the designer of your pattern looks like she might be as well) No one but a crocheter (who was told to look at the DC decreases) would notice that, if you are worried about it appearance-wise.

I think some stitch combos, like decreases, might tend to be a tad looser because we're wrangling more loops on the hook than usual.  If it bothers you, you might try using a smaller hook for just that part of the row with the decreases.  But if were me, and the size was right, I wouldn't bother ripping back to change it.  I'm pretty fussy about my own work if I found a mistake, but this doesn't look 'wrong' to me.  If you are bothered that the stripes are wider at that part of the foot, well they'd have to be, due to the shaping needed to cover the top of the foot, right?

Thanks! this is very helpful

I'm very critical of my own work so I'm going to go back and use a smaller hook on the decreases. I'm using a 4 for the project do you think a 3 or 3.5 would do the trick? Its just the puffy look to the decreases thats bothering me but now I see what you  mean about the height. Sometimes I just need another set of (experienced) eyes to help see what I can't. 

Much appreciated! 

Archived