Dot's Little Ditty Bag

Marge B.

I started crocheting less than a month ago and now i'm hooked.

I'm so determined to make this cute ditty bag but not sure if I'm on the right track.  It  looks like the sides are beginning to form but I'm already on round #15,  shouldn't the sides be higher ?

Any tips, suggestions I greatly appreciate!

I'm using a size 5mm hook, yarn: 100% acrylic

IMG_8805 (3).JPG

Hi  and Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

That depends on how many rows there are in the pattern. Sometimes it looks smaller than it really is.

You might get more answers, if you go into the Crochet help section.

Hello and welcome. Looks like you are on the right track with your bag. I even made one out of plastic bag yarn before using this pattern. That is one wonderful thing about crocheting, you can make so many different things from the patterns and ideas shared here.

Hi and welcome! 

Here's a link to the pattern .  So you work without increasing thru round 22, then doing something different in rounds 23-25 for the closure and ending off.  If you still think it's too shallow after 7 more rounds (16-22) you can always just add more rounds until it's as deep as you want it, then start the instructions for the 3 finishing rounds 23-25.  It could just be that your row gauge is a bit different than the designers', I have to tweak patterns a lot as I make shortish stitches.  The designer could have said 'work rounds without increasing until the bag is x inches from the center' without specifying the number of rounds, then given details for the last 3 finishing rounds.

Archived