Substitute for red heart soft yarn, true green

greyhoundgrandma

I decided that I wanted to make my DIL the red heart Yule Tree blanket. It uses RH soft yarn in true green but that color has been discontinued. I don't care for RHSS for blankets but like their soft yarn. I looked in all the usual places for the true green but no luck. Then started looking for that shade of green in other yarns that I like. 

Any suggestions? What worsted weight soft yarn do you like to use?

I don't know what "true green" is, but last year I wanted that really pretty, christmas green (not forest green), I found some at Hobby Lobby.  I don't have the label now, so I can't tell you what the name was; only that it was a nice green.  Hope that helps............

I ended up going to Bernat Super Value recently for a kids afghan for worsted acrylic when the suggested yarn was no longer available.  I'd wanted Caron SS but the couldn't match all the colors. Looked at Hobby Lobby as I do like the softness of the yarn, but again couldn't match all the colors and wanted to make it in one brand of yarn.

Thanks for the links! I had looked at the herrschners one and there are a couple of possibles that aren't Christmas green but might be an ok substitute. I hadn't looked at the deborah norville one. Their Christmas green looks lighter/brighter but you can't really always tell from just looking on line. It's a very definite possibility. I haven't used either of those yarns before.

The baby blankets I'm currently working on are with I love This Yarn. It's very soft and easy to stitch. Since you are going to Hobby Lobby soon, they have a green called Jelly Bean . You know how it goes with colors on computers, but, maybe it's a color that will work for you.

Jelly.jpg

Archived