Sign in to follow this  
Ellie 13

Emoticons and links

When I try to use the emoticons I get a few smileys then a bunch of dots. It's hard to find what I want.

When I click on a link someone posts it says "Page cannot be displayed".

Ellie 13

if you are writing a post, and click the emoticon icon, you get 3 rows of smilies in a drop down box (I'm not seeing dots? Maybe it's the platform, I'm on a WIN 10 PC).  At the top right of the drop down box, if you click 'categories', there's 2 choices - "overview", which is the 3 rows you saw at first; below the overview, there's "emoticons 229", which shows all of them.  I'm not sure what the sorting scheme of the 'all of them' is.  Or if you remember the code, that still works - example ": hook" (without " and the space after the colon) still yields :hook  or if you search for "hook" in the bottom search field, it will show up (with another hook icon, which is ": chook") :chook.

One the recent software updates hosed up all the 'ville's internal links I'm afraid.  If someone linked to an external site, it should be good...unless the external link went away altogether so you can't access it anywhere, not just from here.

Just to experiment, here's an external link that is alive and kicking in the outside world, see if this works for you http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/html/warm/crochet.htm

edited to add a scrrenshot of the drop down box

emoticons.jpg

Edited by Granny Square