Bavarian Stitch Blanket (in progress)

Startigerlily

After experiencing an unexpected disaster with the Cathedral Rose Window Afghan, I decided to re-purpose the yarn into this afghan instead. I thought about using black in between each round of color but I like it better without. What do you think?

20180709_071724.jpg

Sorry you had problems with the other one but looks like you are doing a great job with this one.  I like the colors the way you did them.  I think black with what appears on my screen as navy blue would be too much dark together so for me if I was doing rounds of black between each color I wouldnt use the navy.  

It is pretty, but I'm sort of giving that second round the side eye (looks like dark purple on my monitor).  It doesn't seem to 'go' with the other colors, intensity-wise.  It might almost work better if you used the purple every other row instead of black to set the other colors off .  Or maybe it's the purple's position next to the yellow, since they're opposites on the color wheel (which means they go together but make each other look brighter).  Or maybe it's because it's not one of the colors in the variegated...having trouble putting my finger on it.

Here's you photo in greyscale, see the others are more similar in intensity.

Untitled-1.jpg

I agree with Granny Square--the dark color is just all "wrong"--and like her, I can't put my finger on why it doesn't go...

Maybe if the sequence was like your square except move the dark purple to the outside of the pink.  So, variegated, yellow, green/blue, pink, purple.  Would be more rainbow-y?  Light to dark on the intensity scale?

Archived