Nikki Ranson

Purple Granny Sunburst Baby Blanket & Newborn Crochet Dress

When I found out the husband's nephew's fiancée was expecting, I told her when I found out what sex they were having that I wanted to make a baby blanket for her.  I love making blankets for others and turning pretty yarn into something gorgeous.  I decided to go for a sunburst granny square pattern and followed Sarah-Jayne's (Bella Coco) Pom Pom Edging tutorial on YouTube for the border.  I also made it in her favourite shade of purple too!

At the end I still had one ball of purple and one ball of beige left, so I decided to try Valerie's First Birthday Crochet Dress pattern a go and I think it turned out fab!  Which is even more a bonus that that the Nephew's Bride to Be loves it too!

I'd love to know what you all think!

32756146_1968322303481655_1811747699444154368_n.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely set  :yes   and thanks for telling us where you found that pom-pom edging here's the link for anyone else wondering -- I love learning new things -- so simple, but pure genius!

Thank you ladies, the border took me 3 days to complete! (purely because I did it in between school runs, looking after kids and cooking lol

11 hours ago, RecycleCindy said:

Such an adorable baby dress and that blanket is gorgeous!!

Thank You  Cindy x