Chemo blankets

Jones

On 6/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, Lousbabci said:

Wonderful blankets!  My mom used to get some serious blood transfusions in the same place people got chemo and she said it was fuh-reezing in there so she would make blankets and drop them off. I always wanted to continue with her legacy. What sizes  are your Afghans?  

About 7 years ago, I had to start getting blood transfusions because of severe anemia--and I agree--they keep those places so cold--your nose almost turns blue!! 😛 They had thin blankets that they'd heated up for people getting blood, or chemo-therapy, but they just didn't do the same job as afghans!!  I made several little shawls called "Warm Shoulder Shawls"  that covered just the shoulders and upper arms, and they really liked those, also!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, segi1974 said:

The are all so beautiful.  Thank you for putting a smile on someones face during such a rough time in their lives.

Thank you for your kind words! Sometimes it takes me a little longer to get them finished than other times but I'm not giving up. They enjoy them too much! Thank you again for your kind words!

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

well wow what a wonderfully generous thing to do   the blankets are truly lovely  what a wonderful person you are   and thank :ghugyou!

I just enjoy doing for people especially at a time like this when they need it the most.  Thank you for being so kind.

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, TheresainMN said:

Your blankets are beautiful and so is the sentiment and labor of love you put into them.  I have a question... do you make them and give them to the chemo department to use over and over with patients or do you give them to the patients to keep?

Thank you for your kind words. I give them to the patients to keep and take home with them. Their reaction to them is so sweet! I love doing it for them!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The blankets are so pretty and for such a great cause. I too am making afghans for donation, mostly from my stash yarn and I'm wondering now, did you use a hdc or sc for the stitch in your afghan? I've made Ripples before with sc and they took forever to complete. Right now I'm working on a V-st and it's going at a pretty good pace.  

Keep up the great work. It's a pleasure to see your finished projects.

Edited by ReniC

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

The blankets are so pretty and for such a great cause. I too am making afghans for donation, mostly from my stash yarn and I'm wondering now, did you use a hdc or sc for the stitch in your afghan? I've made Ripples before with sc and they took forever to complete. Right now I'm working on a V-st and it's going at a pretty good pace.  

Keep up the great work. It's a pleasure to see your finished projects.

Thank you. I use sc and it seems to be going along pretty fast for me. Thank you again!

Edited by Jones

2 hours ago, Jones said:

Thank you. I use sc and it seems to be going along pretty fast for me. Thank you again!

You're very welcome. I think it is commendable what you are doing. 🙂

• Like 1