"JELLY BELLY EASTER BUNNIES" :)

USpolishgirl

HAPPY EASTER to EVERYONE! :)

I just finish them. Couple of them are for my little neighbors. That bigger one is for my grand kids. They are older now, so they do not go much for that "Easter stuff".  I know couple of those last pictures do not have anything to do with crochet. Those are hand painted eggs from Poland. And yes, those 3 crystal baskets are from Poland . I just LOVE Polish crystal!. It is beautiful :).
3 of those hand painted eggs are on their "way- USPS" for a very nice lady. I think she will like them:). IF I remember correctly, her grand mother was Polish.

Krys

DSC01463.JPG

DSC01469.JPG

DSC01470.JPG

DSC01480.JPG

DSC01481.JPG

DSC01483.JPG

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

The bunnies are adorable.  I love the painted eggs.  My SIL does that every year, or use to, with real eggs.  Yes, the crystal baskets are just beautiful.

Thank You:)

Those eggs are made out of wood. I use to paint real eggs every Easter as long as kids were home. Now I do not paint them anymore.

Krys your bunny jars are cute as can be. Your baskets and eggs are exquisite.  I love them.  I have read a little on the Ukranian psanky because of a class in it I wanted to but did not get to take.  The intricate designs and beeswax resist method are fascinating.

All decorations are great and well known for me ;) I've never painted eggs with wax but it's popular method of decorating eggs in rular areas. My kids paint eggs every year, always with my husband - I just cover 1 egg with crochet "dress".

3 hours ago, Apak said:

All decorations are great and well known for me ;) I've never painted eggs with wax but it's popular method of decorating eggs in rular areas. My kids paint eggs every year, always with my husband - I just cover 1 egg with crochet "dress".

Thank You,
I lived in a city in Poland (central area). Almost all Catholic's  would paint eggs for Easter. On Easter Sunday they would go to church (early mass) with baskets of small samples food what they would have for Easter dinner & at least couple colored eggs. All those food baskets were blessed by a priest. Before Easter dinner all those samples of that blessed food from that basket was cut up to a very small pieces on one plate. Just before everyone would sit down by that dinner table, each person would take tiny pieces of that blessed food and put on there plate. That way everyone  had a piece of each blessed food. Even small amount of salt & pepper was blessed to share with everyone. With rest of those color eggs they usually were playing a "game" to see who's egg is stronger by "bumping" one egg to another. The one with stronger egg  would win, would get the other egg.  Kids LOVED that "game". Some of them end-up with many eggs. Those Easter dinners were very fancy! a LOT of different king of food:). Breakfast was as fancy as dinners:). The whole family would get together, even coming from different city's or villages. Easter was as big as Christmas.

People were trying to decorate those baskets to church very nicely & fancy. I guess everyone wanted to end-up with the best looking Easter basket in that church! LOL.
I was keeping that tradition here in US for my family.

Those wooden eggs (picture above) were painted by Polish Artisans who lived on the south side of Poland. That area in Poland have a lot of hills.They were called "Gorale". They were/are very talented people. They would make beautiful things with carving, painting & more..I bought those wooden eggs on a south side of Poland in a city named: "Zakopane". I bought them 30 years ago.

HAPPY EASTER!! :)
Krys

• 2 months later...

Archived