Pattern from 1976

Kessy56

Question

I'm in a pickle! I'm hunting for a pattern for a baby bunting that I made when I was expecting my baby boy back in 1976. It was crocheted from the bottom up (in rounds) and included an attached hood. I was pretty sure it was in a Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine and was labeled something like "100 Gifts to make for Christmas". I've been buying some magazines from those two publishing companies from 1976 but can't seem to find the right one, which makes me think maybe there was another magazine similar to those that it could have been in. I'm expecting a great grandbaby and would LOVE to find the original pattern! I'm not positive, but I think the picture in the magazine showed the bunting done in pink, blue, and white varigated yarn. Can any of you fellow crocheters help me find it? I'm still buying from Ebay in hopes of finding it in those two magazines, but would someone have other magazines of that type that it could possibly be in? I can't remember other magazines published besides those two.

3 answers to this question

Could it be from this November 1976 issue? I'm not finding a copy online but maybe, this will head you in the right direction.

Mag.thumb.jpg.6d00bc71eecf132cb1124a34f8eb6376.jpg

Archived