richsgirl

Mandela

Has anyone seen the new Mandela yarn in Walmart? I think it's gorgeous. My daughter is making an afghan with one of the variegated colors and it is absolutely stunning.

I really like it!  I have about 9 or 10 cakes of it in various colors.  The yarn is thinner than I am used to but I think it is perfect for lightweight/baby blankets, shawls, and scarves etc.  

I have resisted buying any of the Mandala yarn as it was a bit over my budget.  But just this week a nearby Walmart put it on sale at $3.98/skein.  So, I bought a couple of different color combinations.  Because the size 3 yarn has 590 yards per skein, it seemed to be a good bargain.  I have started a crochet cross stitch scarf pattern and am liking the very light and airy texture of this yarn.  The color variations are extremely long so it would work well, I think, on blankets/afghans, ponchos, stoles/shawls and anything using giant granny squares.  Happy stitching.