Help with Pattern

Erin_P

Question

I need help figuring out the following pattern. 

Ch 94

Row 1. Work 1 dc in third chain from hook and in next 20 chains, dc2tog skipping 2 chns in between dcs. Work 1 dc in each of the next 20 chns, ch 2, work 1 dc in each of the next 20 chns. Dc2tog skipping 2 chns in between dcs. Work 1 dc in each of the next 20 chns and work 2 dc in last chain. 

I find the dc2tog skipping 2 chns in between dcs very confusing. Does this mean I skip two chains in between the dcs that make up the dc2tog? I've done this multiple times and always end up with two chains remaining at the end of the row. If I skip two chains before the dc2tog and after the dc2tog it comes out even but I end up short stitches in the next row. 

Here's next row:

Ch 2 turn and work 1 dc in first dc. Work 1 dc in each of the next 20 dc. Dc2tog skipping 1 st between dcs. Work 1 dc in each of the next 20 dcs. In next ch-2 sp work (1 dc ch2 1 dc). Work 1 dc in each of the next 20 dc. Dc2tog skipping 1 st between dcs. Work 1 dc in each of the next 20 dcs. Work 2 dc in last stitch. 

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Erin_P said:

dc2tog skipping 2 chns in between dcs very confusing. Does this mean I skip two chains in between the dcs that make up the dc2tog?

yes that is what it means.

re the 2 extra chains at end of row 1, are you absolutely certain you did not miscount your beginning chain?  

and welcome to the ville!  

Thank you for the reply! I skip is helpful. I'm certain I haven't miscounted stitches at the beginning. I've stitched and restitched the row a number of times an it always comes out the same. Is it possible the Ch 94 is a misprint?

Archived