Pattern help

ButterflyBrianna

Question

Hello. I am trying to crochet a baby blanket using a new pattern. However the pattern says to “ch 1, skip 2 ch, (dc2-tog, ch 1, dc2-tog, ch 1, dc2-tog) all in next ch, ch 1” and I am confused on how to do a dc2tog in the same chain. Would I simply start a dc in the same manner as a dc2tog (yo, insert hook, pull through, yo, pull through two loops) before restarting for the second dc of the dc2tog and then finish it off as normal? 

5 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the ville!

In other patterns, You've probably done the dc2tog over 2 stitches, in other words each dc is based in a different stitch.  In this case, both of the dc are based in the same stitch, but other wise it is exactly the same as any other dc2tog.  So yes, your description is correct.  The "(dc2-tog, ch 1, dc2-tog, ch 1, dc2-tog)" is going to make a little shell or fan shape.  

edit for clarity

Agree with Magiccrochetfan.  The pattern would have been clearer/more accurate if it had said 2DC cluster however, since all that was into 1 stitch.  The cluster and the 2tog are almost the same thing, except made over 1 stitch or 2; first is decorative, second is a decrease.

Archived