My humblest hellos

theslippinstitch

Hi everyone,

I'm very happy to join this community of crocheters. 

My name's Lorena and I'm a German, living in France (used to live in London), married to an American, with a French dog (who speaks English though). 

I would like to be able to say that I've been crocheting ever since I learned it as a child, but that's totally not the case. I'm left handed and my teachers, aunts, and grandmothers all failed horribly when they tried to teach me to crochet when I was in elementary school.

I kind of gave up on the whole thing for a long while, but decided to give it another shot a few years ago, and started making a few things here and there with the help of YouTube videos (thank heavens for left handed crocheters on youtube)! 

The big breakthrough came when I actually figured out how to read crochet patterns, and I haven't been able to put the hook down since :D 

In my day job (yes, crocheting is totally my night job) I work in online marketing. So recently I've decided to combine passion for crochet and my web knowledge to create my very own crocheting blog, where I share the patterns of the things I create (for free, naturally).

You can check out my blog The Slippin' Stitch here if you'd like.

I'm looking forward to learning from you, getting inspired, getting help (and giving it if I can), and share my patterns with those of you who are interested.

Cheerio,
Lo

Archived