Jump to content

Recommended Posts



  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you Cindy! Well I waited til Feb to get started on turning my little scrap balls into stockings.  Then I got out the red green and white and before I knew it this is what happened.

More stockings finished.

In 2018 the Warmth for Warriors organization is once again collecting handmade Christmas stockings to send to our troops.They collect the stockings and fill them with little items such as soaps, candy

Posted Images

Announcement:

We are hosting a special two week Stocking Along event over at Good Things Together in support of Warmth for Warriors and this year's Mini Christmas Stocking Drive. There will be prizes, sharing and lots of fun. You don't need to be a member of the group to join in. It is all just in support of our troops and Warmth for Warriors.

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

20 minutes ago, Pattime said:

I'm a bit late to seeing this, but I'll do my best even if it has to be saved for next year. My son is in the Military, I'm hoping this helps motivate me. :) Also size in the small side is ok right?

You are not too late and we would love to have you working with us.  The Stocking Along Cindy mentioned in the post before yours just started yesterday.  Its a Ravelry group but you dont have to be a member of that group to participate.   You would just need to be a Ravelry member to access it. 

Warmth for Warriors wants the stockings by Nov 1st so they can get them filled and distributed for Christmas.  I work on them off and on year round.  The stockings should be approximately 6 inches from top of stocking to the toe. Mine are usually measure 5 inches. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pattime said:

I'm a bit late to seeing this, but I'll do my best even if it has to be saved for next year. My son is in the Military, I'm hoping this helps motivate me. :) Also size in the small side is ok right?

Just as BGS wrote, you can make stockings all year around if you'd like. A little smaller or bigger than 6 inches is fine. Feel free to post here or over at Ravelry too if you are member of Ravelry. Thank you in advance for your help with mini Christmas stocking for the troops.

Edited by RecycleCindy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, bgs said:

 

You are not too late and we would love to have you working with us.  The Stocking Along Cindy mentioned in the post before yours just started yesterday.  Its a Ravelry group but you dont have to be a member of that group to participate.   You would just need to be a Ravelry member to access it. 

Warmth for Warriors wants the stockings by Nov 1st so they can get them filled and distributed for Christmas.  I work on them off and on year round.  The stockings should be approximately 6 inches from top of stocking to the toe. Mine are usually measure 5 inches. 

Brenda, do you think that maybe a Contest with a prize for the first place winner would be a good idea?. I was just thinking that maybe more people would crochet more stockings if there would be a prize to win LOL.  I could "provide" that prize & ship that (US only). Nothing much, probably the value of that would be between  20 or 30 bucks. A course it probably would be a yarn (brand new & free of dust!  LOL). Maybe I would ad something else..I just did not put much thought to that yet.

I could be wrong, maybe that is just not a good idea LOL

Krys 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Brenda, do you think that maybe a Contest with a prize for the first place winner would be a good idea?. I was just thinking that maybe more people would crochet more stockings if there would be a prize to win LOL.  I could "provide" that prize & ship that (US only). Nothing much, probably the value of that would be between  20 or 30 bucks. A course it probably would be a yarn (brand new & free of dust!  LOL). Maybe I would ad something else..I just did not put much thought to that yet.

I could be wrong, maybe that is just not a good idea LOL

Krys 

Krys sounds like a good idea to me.  Besides helping W4W it just sounds like something fun to do here.  I cant see where it would hurt anything to try.  Cindy what do you think?  The stocking along on Ravelry is offering prizes.  People making stockings are entered into a drawing.  Last time the more stockings you made the more entries you had.  Sometimes the prizes were a surprise package.  This time you get to select a pattern from Ravelry purchase price up to $5.50.  We posted photos as proof.    This is up to you but I wonder if people might be even more excited to win something you make.  I know I would.  I have always admired your work.  I absolutely love all the little holiday things you make.  The little Halloween things immediately come to mind along with the heart containers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

you gals here holding  the whole donation between the two of you !!  what beautiful stockings!! i love them all and commend your generous contributions to a worthy cause  as wel, so nice job!!

mine dont look that good  i have four lol  lol  ill keep trying now that i have more options to chose a pattern from lol  thanks for the inspiration to keep on keeping on lol      

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys sounds like a good idea to me.  Besides helping W4W it just sounds like something fun to do here.  I cant see where it would hurt anything to try.  Cindy what do you think?  The stocking along on Ravelry is offering prizes.  People making stockings are entered into a drawing.  Last time the more stockings you made the more entries you had.  Sometimes the prizes were a surprise package.  This time you get to select a pattern from Ravelry purchase price up to $5.50.  We posted photos as proof.    This is up to you but I wonder if people might be even more excited to win something you make.  I know I would.  I have always admired your work.  I absolutely love all the little holiday things you make.  The little Halloween things immediately come to mind along with the heart containers. 

The group over at Ravelry Good Things Together wanted to offer prizes for the Stocking Along. The Warmth for Warriors organization hasn't offered prizes for making stockings and people have always just made stockings for the fun of it. I know I share the annual drive as an admin for the organization here at the Ville and on Ravelry. Feel free to post your stockings at Good Things Together for a chance to win prizes. I'd prefer not to get into prizes here and just ask people to support the yearly drives which also includes hats, blankets, and lapghans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RecycleCindy said:

The group over at Ravelry Good Things Together wanted to offer prizes for the Stocking Along. The Warmth for Warriors organization hasn't offered prizes for making stockings and people have always just made stockings for the fun of it. I know I share the annual drive as an admin for the organization here at the Ville and on Ravelry. Feel free to post your stockings at Good Things Together for a chance to win prizes. I'd prefer not to get into prizes here and just ask people to support the yearly drives which also includes hats, blankets, and lapghans.

It was just an idea:)

But on the other hand you would not needed to be involved if you do not like to. We could have our own "drive" here with prizes. And maybe even get more new members with creative advertizing  because of that..??. Just another thought LOL. 

After that maybe another contest with Christmas creations (anything for Christmas). And all members could vote. That would be a fun.

I am not saying that we will do that. I guess I am just thinking loud:)

Krys

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

After that maybe another contest with Christmas creations (anything for Christmas). And all members could vote. That would be a fun.

I am not saying that we will do that. I guess I am just thinking loud:)

Krys

I like the idea about anything Christmas and have a separate thread with its own contest. That way all members could participate and people could work on Christmas gifts, stockings, or whatever with a Christmas theme. Thinking out loud is good - brings up new ideas and fun possible activities.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, USpolishgirl said:

It was just an idea:)

But on the other hand you would not needed to be involved if you do not like to. We could have our own "drive" here with prizes. And maybe even get more new members with creative advertizing  because of that..??. Just another thought LOL. 

After that maybe another contest with Christmas creations (anything for Christmas). And all members could vote. That would be a fun.

I am not saying that we will do that. I guess I am just thinking loud:)

Krys

Krys I would say any crochet along contest would need a separate thread started by the person hosting/providing prize and it would be up to that person if said cal were to benefit a specific cause or not.  I am very glad you have been thinking and trying to come up with ideas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are my contributions for this year.  Now to stuff them into an envelope and get it mailed off.  The pattern I used was one Mary Jo shared with me.  A fun quick and easy one.  The yarn this year was donated by a friend of a friend it was in some leftovers she was getting rid of.  I hope she'll be pleased with what I did with it.

 

 

Military Christmas Stockings.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 4:10 PM, bgs said:

Krys I would say any crochet along contest would need a separate thread started by the person hosting/providing prize and it would be up to that person if said cal were to benefit a specific cause or not.  I am very glad you have been thinking and trying to come up with ideas.

Brenda I do know that contest would need a different thread. And  for members to be able to vote  individually it would need to be a special 'set-up's" to be done in this computer here by the owners of this group. For all those photo's to be shown in a "group" not individually & more.. And the way things are going here that probably could never happen.

I was not able to reply any sooner, just been busy.. One room in my basement got flooded because water meter broke. I never expected that so I did not checked that room lately. That room got completely destroyed, everything needed to be ripped out. The walls, book wall unit, carpet and on... Lot of my items are damage and destroyed that includes some of my furniture. Now I am trying to refinish that room... 

Like I said, it was just a thought (about that contest).

PS: about those little Christmas stockings that was a different thing. Voting would not been needed. Just who ever would make the most. That was a bad idea too.

Edited by USpolishgirl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Krys how awful so sorry for the mess. I love that you are thinking and trying to come up with ideas to make things interesting around here.  If we all keep thinking and sharing our thoughts we should be able to come up with something that works without needing the admins help.

Here are the rest of my stockings for the Ravelry stocking along.

20180805_130844.thumb.jpg.410be34b5daa782b2d9e5427c48d884f.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5b70d77426acf_3stockings8-18.thumb.JPG.b4210cc21d930121796c896e2e29ef5c.JPG5b70d80ecbcfe_GreenWaistcoatSnowflakeStocking.thumb.JPG.7384b6ef4bbff74b32631f08d3c8def0.JPG5b70d8230ebb7_BLOStockings52.thumb.JPG.e09a3114a73f3f0f16758c57f64d14d4.JPG5b70d83671b79_CuffedStockings59-60.thumb.JPG.5fa257f719b3a548059f51e2986ba4f6.JPGIMG_4606.thumb.JPG.b93ac5d55cdf8335f0cddee477d4bd69.JPG5b70d85309975_MaroonStockings.thumb.JPG.6853b0be32695bb7d166bdc84539562e.JPG

Thank you Brenda for all those cute and colorful stockings for the Stocking-Along. We had a good run and it's been fun to have all the participation. Here are some of my last ones. Sorry I don't have a group photo.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...