Is the Red Heart Ombre line being discontinued?

Jones

Question

I was reading a review today on a web site about the Red Heart Ombre yarn and it stated it was being discontinued. But, it wasn't made clear if this person was talking about the full line of Ombre or just one particular color. It could have meant either way. Have you heard that the complete line is being discontinued or was it just a certain color? I'm getting ready to make another purchase of this line but I need to know whether this is true or false before I make my purchase.

12 answers to this question

According to the Red Heart website, there is not any indication of it being discontinued. I highly recommend to purchase all the yarn needed for a project at one time. Also, if you contact them by email, they would be your best answer and usually respond in 1-3 days.

20 hours ago, ReniC said:

According to the Red Heart website, there is not any indication of it being discontinued. I highly recommend to purchase all the yarn needed for a project at one time. Also, if you contact them by email, they would be your best answer and usually respond in 1-3 days.

Thanks for your reply! I just decided to play it safe and order everything I was wanting of this line. I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks again!

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, Jones said:

Thanks for your reply! I just decided to play it safe and order everything I was wanting of this line. I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks again!

You're welcome. That's the way I would do it too. Would love to see what you make when completed.

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

You're welcome. That's the way I would do it too. Would love to see what you make when completed.

I'm making what I call "chemo blankets". When my husband was getting chemo, he would talk about it being so cold there and the blankets they gave out were not enough. I love to crochet afghans, etc. and give them away as gifts. His experience gave me the idea to make throws/blankets for the chemo patients and give to them to use as they wish. As of now, I have made and given about 52. They love them!!! I got so many hugs from these patients, that was payment enough for me!!!! Now I'm making more.

14 hours ago, ReniC said:

Wow 52 afghans- You go girl!!! Your efforts are a wonderful gesture.

13 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

That's a lot of crocheting! What a nice project!

Thank you to both of you. I just enjoy doing for others what I can.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:19 PM, ReniC said:

I'm sorry I'm so late in responding. I have several pictures of this project using the Ombre yarn I can show you if you still would like to see them. If so, where do I post the pictures? Can I do it here? 

You might get more people seeing and appreciating your project(s?) if you start a thread and post pics in the Show and Tell forum grouping in the appropriate category...If you do that, you can also come back here and copy/paste the URL of the other thread if you wish.

55 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

You might get more people seeing and appreciating your project(s?) if you start a thread and post pics in the Show and Tell forum grouping in the appropriate category...If you do that, you can also come back here and copy/paste the URL of the other thread if you wish.

Ok. That's what I did. I posted in the afghans group and it is:  https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/160458-chemo-blankets/

15 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Oh, I'm glad you did!  I can see why you'd be concerned about that yarn being discontinued, those are so pretty with the long gradual color changes.  

Thank you. I never did find out what the "discontinued" review was actually about but since it wasn't all of it, it doesn't matter. That's what I was afraid of because I enjoy using this type better than any I have used and I didn't want to give it up. Thanks again for your help and time!

Archived