Easter Bunny Candy Jar - quick project

USpolishgirl

Hello Everyone:)

I do not have those "Easter Bunny's Candy Jars" ready yet.  I just crocheted all those parts and put that away in zip-lock to have that ready  to put together before Easter.  

I am posting that to give you guys an idea for easy & fun to make an Easter gift.  As long as you know how to crochet sc stitch straight (from side to side) & crochet in rounds, you are ready to go!. That long piece will be sewn together in a back. I made those ears double. One in pink-front & another in white-back and crochet those two pieces together around with white yarn.  I probably will put inside each ear a pipe cleaner before I will attach them to that round top. And yes, I will make a big pom-poms for tails. I will use hot glue to glue that round top to that lid and maybe couple drops around of that glue on that body part, so will not be sliding up or down. 

Long time ago I got picture of that from internet, no pattern. Who knows maybe there is a pattern for that?. As you can see that is very easy to make that as long as you got a glass jar in front of you. So you can measure & try on to make sure that fits. I am making 3 of them. Two of them are smaller (for my two little neighbors). For my daughter & GD only one (bigger size). After that candy will be gone she will put inside a candle operated by battery. That will look great too. She done that with one of the snowman/globe I made for her couple years ago. 

Yes I know, I will need to put my relish to a different container/jar LOL.

Krys

PS: I was not able to crochet much lately. My little dog- Cesar died on Jan-13 this year.  His cancer got much worse about 2 or 3  weeks before he died. Nothing was helping him any longer, not even steroids shots. I miss him sooo much! :(. I did bought over 2 dozen balls of that Bernat Baby Blanket yarn from Joann. I bought that to make many blankets for animal shelter in Cesar's Memory.  Maybe crocheting all those blankets for those poor animals will make me feel little better?.  I know from my daughter those animals are crazy about those round blankets made out of that fluffy yarn. I made couple of them for her before. One of them I posted picture here under the name of: "Target". This time I did not bought those "Stripes", that yarn was bad. I bought most of that yarn in "Brights". Those are very bright & nice colors. I get about one round blanket (24" in diam.) out of one ball of that yarn.

DSC01428.JPG

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys great idea.  Thanks for sharing.  I have been wondering about Cesar.  I am so sorry for the ache in your heart and empty space his passing leaves in your life.:hug:hug

THANK YOU:)

Krys

Dear Krys: I am so sorry for the loss of your little Cesar. I know how much the little Maltese dogs get to our hearts. I lost my little Tippi a couple of years ago and I still miss her just as much as the day she passed on. I'm sure Cesar will always be in your heart to remind you of how spunky, cute, and what a wonderful companion he was. :hug

On 2/9/2018 at 10:23 PM, ReniC said:

Dear Krys: I am so sorry for the loss of your little Cesar. I know how much the little Maltese dogs get to our hearts. I lost my little Tippi a couple of years ago and I still miss her just as much as the day she passed on. I'm sure Cesar will always be in your heart to remind you of how spunky, cute, and what a wonderful companion he was. :hug

Reni Thank You very much:)

It is very hard to loose your pet:(. Since Cesar death I am trying not to spend much time in my house. Because it is just too painful. Most of my time I am spending at my friend house, that helps a little. 

I know that picture above is bad, was never meant to be posted here. I took that to send to my daughter to show her that I am working on that and she will get that bunny candy jar. She want that since last year LOL. 

Krys

Archived