TinaES

Newbie...... OMG what have I started!!

So I have bought TOFT Rufus the Lion. Never done Crochet before and OMG! I watched the videos last night again and again and again! .... after 4 hours I managed to get Rnd 2 done! What a stress. Goodness knows if I am doing it right.....we will soon find out. 

Guaranteed I will be on here for help! 

UPDATE: completed my first one! Not perfect I know (it makes it quirky) but not bad for a first timer  (if I do say so myself)....with the help of a couple of videos. 

20180210_191539.jpg

Edited by TinaES

Hi  and Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Hello from south Florida! :waving

Welcome to the 'ville!

Suggestion - you might want to practice generic crochet a little bit, making swatches of SC back and forth and in the round, before starting the lion.  For one thing, when you are a total beginner you are learning how to make stitches, and how to keep your tension even.  Good idea to get all those wonky stitches out of the way before starting the lion!

I'm guessing this is your pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rufus-the-lion.  Except for the mane, it looks like all SC in the round (US terms) Where are you?  It looks like this is a UK pattern maybe?  US and UK have different terms for the same stitches, so if the pattern is telling you to start with a Double Crochet, it's probably UK terms.

If you have specific questions, please ask away in the "help" section here, your question will get more attention than here in the "welcome" section.

Thanks for your response. Yes I am in the UK and the lion is the one I am working on albeit over here it's a different brand. I have started it without any trials. I must have started and restarted for 4 hours last night. Never been one to give in on something!! This pattern is for beginners so let's see!!!

I agree with Granny Square--it would be a good idea to learn the crochet stitches first, with little practice pieces.  You can always use the practice pieces as dishcloths or coasters.  You can find lots of instructional websites online.

Thanks. I'm doing ok so far. Using the tutorials online if need be. Seems to be ok at  

Edited by TinaES