2sc in ch 2 spot (twice)

Uniqueusernamesareridiculous

Question

This is the entire row, but I think the part I am having problems with is "2sc in ch 2 space (twice).  I have underlined the parts that I do not understand.  There should be 58 stitches, but I only get 51 when I 2sc in ch 2 space then 2 sc in the NEXT ch 2 space.  I have also tried 4 sc in the same ch 2 space, but do not make it all the way to the end.  I have counted the row before and it is correct.  There are other rows similar to this, but I hope that once I understand this one, I should be able to crochet the others.  TIA!!

Row 8 – Ch.1 turn, sk first dc, sc in ch-1 space, 1 sc in top of TC, 2 sc in ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space (twice) 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space (3 times). 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space. (twice) 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space (3 times). 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space. (twice) 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space. 1 sc in the last TC, 1 sc under the ch.4, 1 sc in the 3rd ch of the ch.4 (58)

7 answers to this question

Twin Cluster (TC) – *Yarn over, insert hook into next sc, yarn over, pull loop through, yarn over, pull through first two loops on hook* 3 times in same space, skip next sc, repeat *to* 3 times in next sc, yarn over, pull through all seven loops on hook. Ch.2

For the band:

Ch.12

Row 1 – 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook and each ch across. (11)

Row 2 – Ch.1 turn, 1 sc blo in first st and each remaining st across. (11)

Repeat row 2 until your band measures approx. 18.5″ in length without stretching.

Then, ch.1 and work 64 sc’s along the edge (long side) of the band.

Row 1 – Ch.4 turn, skip first sc and work the TC stitch across the row all the way to the end. (Don’t forget to put a dc in the turning ch. (ch.1) to end the round).

(She had replied to someone's question:   Each TC takes up 3 stitches. So 21 x 3 = 63. Then you add 1 more for the turning chain to get 64...Meaning 21 TCs)

Row 2 – Ch. 1 turn, sk first dc, 1 sc in ch-1 space, *1 sc in top of TC, 2 sc in ch-2 space* Repeat from * ending 1 sc in top of last TC, 1 sc under the ch-4, 1 sc in the 3rd ch of the ch-4. (64)

Rows 3 thru 7 – Repeat rows 1 & 2 respectively.

Does this make sense?

See if this helps

1st - it looks like row 7 should have a ch1 after the last TC of the row before the dc.

2nd - I think you may be skipping the sc in the TC when the pattern indicates repeats.  

Row 8 – Ch.1 turn, sk first dc, sc in ch-1 space, 1 sc in top of TC, 2 sc in ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. (1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space) x2, 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. (1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space) x3, 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. (1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space) x2, 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. (1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space) x3, 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. (1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space) x2, 1 sc in the next TC, 1 sc in the ch-2 space. 1 sc in the next TC, 2 sc in the next ch-2 space. 1 sc in the last TC, 1 sc under the ch.4, 1 sc in the 3rd ch of the ch.4 (58)

I worked it through on paper and it came out to 58 sts.

Yes!! That may be it. I wasn’t reading it right. I was only sc in the ch 2 space. I will try this tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Thank you so much. I knew it had to be something simple. And I am pretty new again at crochet. My mom taught me years and years ago but I haven’t done it in so long I’m having to relearn. 

Archived