Help with pattern

Kayal

Question

I’m trying to do the pattern sunburst pullover and I’m stuck on the rnd 7 that says to 7dc [dc,hdc,dc,tr,tr] all in one space. When I do that it’s to much when I do the next round it ruffles up. Am I doing it right is all of that in one space?

E91F5C86-1496-4B20-9D25-90739337C089.png

D2D07F23-7222-41A0-BF87-49A94116BA6E.png

3 answers to this question

See at the very beginning, under the skill level, where it says finished sizes - given for small, and changes for larger sizes are in [ ].  You need to follow the number in the pattern that applies to the size you are making.

Edited, because I misread:  At this point you are either on row 7 or 8 depending on what size you are making.  Then you are chaining 3, or 2, or 4, depending on the size you're making.  They you do 6 DC (or whichever other stitch depending on the size) in the same space....I think you get it.  The last instruction is 6 stitches into 1 space, but the brackets in this case don't mean to do in the same space.

It's a good idea to go thru the pattern before you and circle or highlight the number of the size you are following each time this appears unless it's the first or last one, so it's easy to spot what you need to do.

I just looked to see what the item looked like and noticed that there is errata for this pattern, you should check that before you get to far - see here https://www.crochetmagazine.com/revisions.php?issue_date=2010-07-01#correction1

I actually did know about the size part but where it says 7dc and then has all he stitches in the brackets does that mean that all that goes into a space cause that would be 12 stitches in one space and that is to many I’m just confused 

You can get a lot of stitches into 1 stitch, and I don't know how many chains are in the chain space, but even if it's only 1 chain it's not impossible to get 7 stitches into 1 stitch.

Sometimes doilies will ruffle at first and then heal themselves later, not sure if this is one of them.

When you say all the stitches in the brackets...where it says 7 dc[dc, hdc...etc], all the sizes have 7 stitches of some sort.  The smallest and next size has dc, the third size has hdc...you pick the stitch in this case, not the number of stitches, for the size you are making.  

Archived