How do I join the pieces together

Question

I'm working on this pattern - http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/adult-crochet-crew-neck-pullover.html?id=201109

I've made the front and back and the two sleeves. Now I come to the finishing. It says sew left shoulder seam. OK what does that mean? What am I sewing it to and how do I do that.

I can't believe I've made it this far so I'm hoping I can finish this. Any help greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Scroll down to the bottom, see the sketches of the pieces with the shapes and measurements?  See where the shoulders are?

Instead of needle and thread, you could crochet the seams together.  Put the front and back together (I don't think this stitch pattern has an OBVIOUS front and back to it that needs matching up; normally you'd put the 'right' (outside) sides together and seam with the wrong sides facing you so the seam is in the 'wrong' side(inside).  Match up the shoulder seams and SC or SLST the corresponding/matching front and back piece stitches together across the seam.

As a long time machine sewer as well as crocheter, the easiest way to make something with sleeves is to assemble in this order: (1) shoulder seams (2) sleeves (3) 1 continuous seam from the bottom hem of the sweater to the cuff of the sleeve.  This is SO much easier than shoulders, side seams, and 'setting in' the sleeves in a circle, which patterns usually tell you to do, and the end result is the same.

You're welcome - I just re-read what i wrote and realize something I said wasn't very clear.  When I gave the order of sewing together and said 'sleeves', I should have given more detail - sew or crochet the tops of the sleeves to the arm opening, with only the shoulder seams done so the the arm opening is just a mostly straight line or gentle curve, as is the top of the sleeve.  I didn't mean to sew the underarm sleeve seam at this point.