Know of any cheaper alternatives to malabrigo yarn?

sodaceratops

Question

I'm hoping some of you may know some cheaper alternatives to malabrigo yarn? I love all the colours they offer but I don't like the price tag. I'm looking for a natural fiber, not acrylic or polyester or anything like that. 

3 answers to this question

Malabrigo seems to have a huge array of yarns and colors.  I feel pretty certain there is not one yarn brand that replicates all of those.  We might be able to make some recommendations if you tell us which specific colors you would like to find.  

Most natural fiber yarns do cost more than same amount of synthetic, so hopefully you are prepared for that fact.  

Malabrigo lace apricot and periwinkle. I'm looking for a sport weight and fingering. I particularly like how their colours are like water colours, not fully solid but more cloudy. I need a periwinkle and peach colour. Other than that, I just love the look of their colours (specifically the water colour effect). 

Dream in Color has some nice water color type effects https://www.yarn.com/categories/dream-in-color-yarn?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1MXCh4P62AIVW7jACh1ixAcmEAAYAiAAEgL2YvD_BwE

i don't know how their prices compare to malabrigo on a per yard basis.

nothing else that I have used myself is coming to mind right now.  Kettle dyed is one search term you can try, for other ideas.  

Archived