Question

I started working on an afghan this weekend, and have had difficulty with all of the skeins of yarn.  I go to find the beginning and it's so hidden, I can't.  By the time I do find it, I've got so much yarn out (and it tangles easily) that I cannot do anything but wind into a ball.  What else can I do?

4 answers to this question

That can definitely be a problem. I don't know what yarn you have, but some aren't meant to pull from the center. I try to carefully separate the center and get to what I hope is the beginning before I pull some out. Sometimes the skein is too tight to do this. You can always work from the outside but will probably need to put the skein in a bag or bowl so it doesn't roll everywhere.

Isn't that just plain aggravating!!!!!  I have a lot of THAT kind of problem with anything Caron.  I almost always have to rewind before using.  

I use a mesh laundry bag (3 for $1 @ a dollar store.) I put the skein in the bag and pull the center's end through one of the mesh holes. Yarn barf doesn't tangle much with most yarn.