Attic24 Woodland Blanket CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2017 at 0:41 PM, judianne said:

I bought the yarn pack for this - but decided to make the Summer Harmony pattern. I DO love granny squares!

Judy, I took a look at that pattern. It requires sewing pieces together!  ACK!!!

30 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

My feelings exactly! Grannies and other squares are pretty but I hate joining.

I knew I wasn’t the only one!

Im tempted by this CAL and actually had the yarn pack in my basket, but I can’t justify buying yarn, (even at a good price)  when I literally have closets full of yarn, certainly enough to make a few dozen blankets!  I know the yarn is soft and pretty. I have a real life friend who is planning to make the blanket. 

I may may join in, using yarn from my stash, but I’m not sure yet. I have a poor track record when it comes to finishing large projects.

Doing it from your own stash is a great idea! I'm color intimidated, so the yarn pack is good for me even though I already have lots of yarn.

The grands will have lots of blankets over the years and not many toys because I would rather crochet a whole blanket than all those little pieces that have to be put together for critters and toys.

Hi peeps!

What does it mean when the squirrels are acting...well, squirrely...when gathering their food, dragging bunches of leave in their mouths to fatten up their nest in the oak trees...and several flocks of birds - different species....swooped down to check out the goodies I put out this morning.....

We expect about 6 inches of snow with gale force winds by tomorrow....

4 hours ago, Gardener said:

Judy, I took a look at that pattern. It requires sewing pieces together!  ACK!!!

I know - which is why I always weave in the ends as I go. I learned that lesson the hard way!:rofl

3 hours ago, Gardener said:

I knew I wasn’t the only one!

Im tempted by this CAL and actually had the yarn pack in my basket, but I can’t justify buying yarn, (even at a good price)  when I literally have closets full of yarn, certainly enough to make a few dozen blankets!  I know the yarn is soft and pretty. I have a real life friend who is planning to make the blanket. 

I may may join in, using yarn from my stash, but I’m not sure yet. I have a poor track record when it comes to finishing large projects.

I have a closet full of yarn too....:devil

3 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Doing it from your own stash is a great idea! I'm color intimidated, so the yarn pack is good for me even though I already have lots of yarn.

The grands will have lots of blankets over the years and not many toys because I would rather crochet a whole blanket than all those little pieces that have to be put together for critters and toys.

I agree - I have made dolls and things over the years - but they aren't fun.

2 hours ago, judianne said:

Hi peeps!

What does it mean when the squirrels are acting...well, squirrely...when gathering their food, dragging bunches of leave in their mouths to fatten up their nest in the oak trees...and several flocks of birds - different species....swooped down to check out the goodies I put out this morning.....

We expect about 6 inches of snow with gale force winds by tomorrow....

think it means we're going to have a bitter cold, snowy winter!!!!  Our temps in southern Indiana have been in the 10's and lower for about a week, and don't look much better in the forecasts!!!  Br-r-r-r-r-r :wcold  !!!!!!

Yeah, I think the squirrels are saying it's going to be cold for a while!

I've got one project I need to work on, but I'm going to try putting some time in on both and see how it goes. I need to get the yarn out and make a card with a snip of yarn and the color names. That is working well on the moorland blanket, which I also need to work on.

I am reduced to expletives this morning. As my mom would have said "well, cat hair!". I got out my woodland yarn and went to look in the basket of the moorland blanket to see what size hook I was using. No hook! I was thinking pink handle. All those hooks are in the hook jar and pink is a size smaller than called for and I really think I went up a size.

I guess I'll actually have to do a swatch this time. Rats!

I had to frog a row and a half last night. I started the fourth color stripe on the wrong end; realized it when I got partway into the flo sc row.

It's an easy to remember stitch pattern. The flosc row is a little slow to work.

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I finally got back to the cal and am up to the spice row. 

Debbie, any luck figuring out the problem?

Mona, yes, I did figure out the problem.  It was the dummy crocheter who wasn't reading the pattern correctly.  I was only putting one set of six dc in the top.  It called for two sets.  DUH ! 

I made up for lost time and am now up to the spice row also.  It is amazing what you can accomplish when you JUST READ THE PATTERN!!  LOL LOL LOL

1 hour ago, LegalWoman17 said:

Mona, yes, I did figure out the problem.  It was the dummy crocheter who wasn't reading the pattern correctly.  I was only putting one set of six dc in the top.  It called for two sets.  DUH ! 

I made up for lost time and am now up to the spice row also.  It is amazing what you can accomplish when you JUST READ THE PATTERN!!  LOL LOL LOL

I have two projects to finish before I start and even though I've been crocheting for over 40 years I still miss things because of reading the pattern too quickly! And also assuming I know where it's going....I feel for you!

3 hours ago, LegalWoman17 said:

Glad you've got it going now. I realize she wrote it to match the pattern repeat, but it was a little odd to not combine the two sets of dc.

21 hours ago, judianne said:

I have two projects to finish before I start and even though I've been crocheting for over 40 years I still miss things because of reading the pattern too quickly! And also assuming I know where it's going....I feel for you!

Thanks, Judy. 

19 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Glad you've got it going now. I realize she wrote it to match the pattern repeat, but it was a little odd to not combine the two sets of dc.

Yes, it would have been much clearer if she had combined the sets.  Well, lesson learned. 
I was able to add quite a few more rows yesterday while doing laundry.  I am not making my afghan as wide as the pattern. Mine is about half as wide. So it goes very quickly.  And I must say I am loving the color combination. 

Archived