New member in San Tan Valley, Arizona

Diana1060

Hello all,

I was excited when I came across this site. I have crocheted off and on for several years but have always seemed to have a problem with keeping my tension even especially at the beginning of a project. I was hoping maybe someone would have some suggestions on how to correct this problem. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was a teenager and now I'm a retired grandmother of 7. I love to crochet but get frustrated when my throws/blankets come out lop sided. I rip them out and start over. I welcome any suggestions you may have to offer. 

Hello from Mississippi!

Tension can often be different. Maybe you relax as you get further into the project. Or it can differ with your mood. You might try being mindful of how tight or loose your stitches are as you are crocheting. Or if it's a large difference make sure you aren't adding or dropping stitches on a row.

Thank You so much for your advice greyhoundgrandma. I did not realize that mood changes could effect your crochet. I will keep everything you told me in mind. I plan to start another throw tomorrow for my youngest granddaughter.

Archived