katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

2,399 posts in this topic

Good Morning.

I have the laundry started and I'm enjoying my coffee. No plans for today, maybe I'll finish the princess squares so I'll be ready to start the villains. 

Hope everyone has a great day.

Nothing too exciting going on this morning. Waiting on my husband to text me so I can send invoices for this week, then I have to take Michael to Strings Camp for his violin. After that I guess Rosalie and I are going to come home and do some house work and laundry, and maybe get into baking some cookies. I have some cake mixes in the kitchen that I'll use (chocolate and funfetti) and they make the softest cookies!

Lyn its been so hot that it looks like some of my hen and chicks in the big pots have just cooked even though they were moved away from the house over to shade from the rose of sharon bushes.  Too much rain here has not been an issue. 

Jessica I love the cake mix cookies especially the one using a mix(lemon is my favorite), cool whip and rolling the balls in powdered sugar before cooking.  Besides being good those and the chocolate ones are so pretty.

Mary Jo yesterday dh was listening to the Royals and they were up and out 123.  Dh says what happened it was over before he hardly knew they were at bat.  I told him Ned figured out he could get to the buffet quicker that way.  Dh said no Tampa Doll says thats Andy.  Told him Andy and Ned have been comparing notes.  

Have an orthodontic appointment this afternoon to pick up my retainers.

Edited by bgs

Good morning! 

Getting ready to clean up yard and feed the fur babies. One of the high lights of my day!

Hope everyone is well.

hi again  nothing going on finished our latest audio book  very good 5 stars lol now nothing looks like rain soon though  tomorrow is trash day so i did what daughter said and had handy break it with a hammer so no one else would think' ahh'  parts lol  she said it will never work again so might as well waste it  he did now it is in the trash  i dont think i would ever buy an i pad for myself,  this samsung tablet works lots more understandable lol  

i make cake mix cookies too lol when i used to bake lol  i guess i could still using a sugar free cake mix huh lol  good idea 

i never did eat lots of sweets but now i never do you know anything with sugar bad news lol 

been on computer looking at a few tutorials  i always learn something new lol 

hope all of you ar enjoying your day   and ill see you later!!   

Good morning,three H's here today,my eyes are so bleery,like looking thru vaseline

enjoy your day

today we celebrate 48 yrs of marriage

Edited by pineknott

Congrats Lyn on 48 years!  We will only be at 21 this fall but dh says it seems like so much longer.  We got a late start with both us in our 40's and first time for both of us.  Between that and both our very common last names some thought it was a joke or prank when they got our wedding invitations.  Good description on the bleery eyes.  Between allergies and cataracts it really is like looking through vaseline.  

Its cloudy and cooler out this morning.  Sounds like we have a fair chance at some rain.  

Dont feel like accomplishing much today but got the laundry going so that will be something done.  

Good morning!!

OMG I flared up my tendinitis in my elbows and they are in a lot of pain. Last time I did that it took 3 months for the pain to go away. Gosh I hope it's not like that this time. I was out pulling weeds and cutting the darn bushes I so despise. I want them gone. I need to look into that. Then I planted some cactuses in the ground. I'm so excited and hope they live. I really like them. 

Off to do dishes and go swimming with daughter and then take a shower and make a few tie blankets.

1 person likes this

Sandra I dont think you told us the results of the reveal party.  Sorry about the tendenitis.  What kind of bushes are you wanting gone?

OH sorry thought i did, but with my fast pacing brain these days anything is possible.

IT"S A BOY!!!!

Im not sure what the hedges are called. But I can't stand taking care of them!!. I'm not a yard person by any means.

Sandra are all the grands boys?  I remember you mentioning grandsons before but not granddaughters.   On the bushes I was just thinking old landscape plantings sometimes make very good bonsai specimens and if you found someone interested in them they would come dig them out for you.    

oh congrats on 48 piney!! qnd on a boy sandra! 

tomorrow is sal army pick up  i took a pic of one of the bunnies, i did not unwrap them both,and them wrapped her up and put her back in the box with her sister bunny    im so sad but just keep thinking how happy they will make some little girls  its still iffy though i have till tomorrow if i wanna change my mind, again i enclosed a couple pics of her to remember them by if i do so follow through and let them go  here are those pics  she is tall and heavy like weighted for a door stopper about i guess 4 foot tall so i took two pics to get her all in  she is hand crafted of silk and lace and satin  she is beaded and her ears have satin flowers on them she is exquisitely crafted as they both are  i just dont have a place for them and have stored them in a closet for two years  i hate to give them up but like i said someone will just adore them im sure  i sure appreciated the work the lady put into them , they were bought at a craft fair for upwards of 50 bucks apiece and my sis bought five or six of them she kept two gave me two and one each to her daughter in law, and grand daughter    i just cant find a place for them i have tried  i want someone to really get some joy out of them  you know  well sadness aside huh let them go katie  not like i dont have many other things she sent me that are on shelf or a case or on the wall, or a table  you know  oh here is one of the things she sent me too this i am keeping and am using at the moment in my craft room  this kitty is a long Kleenex box holder and she hangs up if you want to too   

000_0456.thumb.JPG.639819afda1499cd0269474b5d41e353.JPG000_0453.thumb.JPG.d42400db2b105ae54b6379668d864bf4.JPGn000_0451.thumb.JPG.95032f76933aca9b3ffb10ba8db3073e.JPG i use her every day  she always found the cutest things !! sometimes when you love something, you have to let it go right  i love my bunny girls but i know they will go out in the world and find someone that will love them even more          

Edited by katyallen8090

Hello.

Happy Anniversary Lyn!

Sandra, I hope your elbow is better soon. Congrats on the new little guy coming.

I was up and out at 7:30 this morning for a doctor's appointment, needed to have cholesterol checked. Then it was stops at the bank, post office, starbucks (I really missed my morning coffee), gas station, walmart, office supply and the mall for my granddaughter's birthday gift. I'm a little tired now, so I'm going to crochet for a bit before I head to my daughter's house.

I hope  you all enjoy the rest of the day.

I've posted free to anyone that wanted to come dig them up and nope no one probably wants to do the work and I am still stuck with them.

Yes, only grandsons!! This one will make 5.

Good afternoon everyone.  I dont know about you but im not enjoying this heat at all :( im not at all a summer person, i dont do the heat real well. 

It's been a lazy day and really need to get off my bum. Need to pick up dh car from inspection,  finally having that done and over with.

hope you all have a good day! I need to get my crochet mojo moving.

1 person likes this

Hi Pattime.  Welcome to the 'ville and our group.  I dont like the heat we have been having in West Central MO. 

Sandra did you specifically contact bonsai groups in your area?  Sometimes our members have dug out bushes.  It takes a special member though with a good back and knees not only to dig it out but to care for it afterwards. Wow number 5. Congrats!

Katy you are so good at purging you will know when the time is right.  I have been reading articles on downsizing and getting rid of things.  One thing they cover is how we tend to keep things we dont necessarily like and will never use because a loved one gave it to us.  They say our loved ones would never want us to keep things like that especially if they burdened or overwhelmed us.  

1 person likes this

Good morning out there.  Hope things are going ok for everyone.  Pretty weird me getting here first any day.  

We got a few sprinkles last night and some this morning.  Other places got 2 and 3 inches but it came too fast and they had flash flooding so I am glad we didnt get much rain.

Nothing much planned for day.  So much I should be doing but.......

welcome pattine and im not fond of the heat either lol  i tend to hibernate in the ac during these hot times lol  been purging for the last what couple of weeks for things i cant use anymore lol  i still have the xmas stuff to do at a later date though lol as i think daughter will take some of that  we dont put up a tree anymore here well first because of the cat lol and second too much trouble cos i always got stuck doing it alone  lol  and no little kids here anymore so,  no tree lol i will put out my favoritee things but that is all no tree   

thanks bgs that does make me feel better i mean 3 years packed in a closet, time to go  they are out there with the rest of our donation on the driveway now  i let them go  im still sad but i feel good too that someone will use them now  our one neighbor brought out some bags of what i call soft goods to, like clothing and beddinga nd stuff and he brought over 2 more bins and a 4 drawer file cabinet i just hope they have room to take it all!!  i started a donation drive without even trying lol they have not called yet for a three hour window as they said but handy just got it all out early and we are hoping no rain today lol  then he would have to haul it all back in i imagine!!

i have my rooms back lol as he moved everything out to the living room last night from the bedrooms for easier access this am and i have space now  im excited lol  my craft room closet is some what bare a couple bins yet to go through i know one is winter wear, hats and scarves and such and i know one should be christmas yarns  i read a wish list for that and once i get to the bins i will send her some!!  

and oh incidentally, brenda, are you or will you use some nice garden gloves i found  i put them back in case you want them  i wont use them so lemme know ok? I'll send them in a puffy ok brenda i found too getting rid of things no lonfer needed is sort of well liberating honestly oh sure there are a couple things i thought long and hard on for sure but the majority of it all was oh good out of my closet and off to someone that can use it!!     

Edited by katyallen8090

and well so that is all i got for now i guess lol  gonna check out those two bins today for sure lol maybe cruise you tube for crochet ideas lol i always learn something from those tutorials lol  see ya later  oh i made a hat yesterday too loli try to crochet every day at least a bit lol     

Edited by katyallen8090

Katy thanks but I think I am ok on gloves.  I tend to wear my dads or dhs old gloves.  My hands are sort of big I guess and womens garden gloves just seem small.  Just keep imagining those bunnies sitting out in the light and being loved no longer held prisoners in a box in a dark closet.  Your sis even though gone is still making people happy.  You were happy she thought so much of you to send them and now she will be making others happy because you were ready to let them go.  

Katy love the bunnies and they look like they need to be loved.  Yes bring them out of the light.  I have been purging my dolls somewhat and sending them to Peggy.  There are a lot that can not go to her. 

Hi Pattime Welcome to the Ville and of course our group.

Getting here late this morning, as I have been doing the wash.  I spent 2 days at a test office for a Nuclear stress test for Tampa Guy.  Tuesday we will find out how it turned out.  The first day was about an hour and the second day was about 2 1/2 hours. I took some crocheting with me and got quite a bit done.

We have the 3 H's here along with showers on and off, so we are sweating up a storm.  My AC has not turned off.

Well, the dryer is calling, so I must go and I have to get back to my corner to finish my special project.

Have fun.

Afternoon!

I have been up and busy. My elbows are feeling the pain.

Not sure what I have planned today but I will do something cause I can't stand to sit still for to long and want to keep purging as much as I can.

Have a great day!

Katy sure you can find a place for those gorgeous bunnies. I love them!!! I couldn't take them and give them away to just anyone. That's just. I would have to come save them. There gorgeous!! I wonder what shipping would cost?

Hi all. were here extremely tired lately  just fighting to make it through the day    HOpe it passes soon. 

1 person likes this

Hello Everyone.

It's a Lily day for me, she's trying to stay awake right now but I know she'll be asleep soon. We went to the grocery store this morning for a few things and then played a lot so she should take a good nap. The rest of this week should be pretty quiet and calm here but the next 2&1/2 weeks are going to be busy and then I go back to work,  I don't know where the summer went :no.  I think I'll do a little crocheting during nap time. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.