katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

2,399 posts in this topic

It was # 3 we met as pen pals

indirectly # 2 applied,I was still in the foster care system at age 20,only because I was finishing nursing school that was part of the HS BOCES program

Bill's step sister needed a helper with her kids,she was a single mom.Met Bill's mom before I  ever layed eyes on Bill,anyway long story short no one in his family wrote to him while he was in Viet Nam,so his step sister asked if I  was interested in writing to a sailor

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Sorry I have been absent and quiet. I just have a lot going on.

I am hermit myself and try not to go to far from home. 
I have a couple lumps in my throat and then found a couple in my breast. It's been hard to deal with and just everything going on. My thyroid is way off and I have been gaining weight which makes me not want to go a damn place and I am so angry... I went to the doctors yesterday and they will remove the lumps and I will have a mammogram, and a mri. I'm not going to go into the family crap other than they don't like what I got to say and I just really don't care...So I am around just been sticking to myself and cleaning. I'm going to go lay down for a little bit for I woke up with a headache which I haven't in a long time. I'm sure it's just stress and I need to physically and mentally get it together, Just not happening today..

baby gender reveal will be Sunday!

I hope things get better soon :hug

6 hours ago, funnymom8 said:

hello, thought I'd pop in today.  The grandkids went back to their mom yesterday,  I am still exhausted!!  I get worn out easier, these kids are so busy and the girls fought quite a bit, in between crying.  All I have energy today for is crocheting and watching youtube!!  I'm watching Jayda in Stitches right now and since I"m alone, I can watch it on tv.  I'm working on grocery/shopping bags, and I'm almost done.  We have a couple stores that don't use bags anymore :(  Plus this cotton, when washed the colors ran, so I couldn't use it for dishcloths for gifts!!!  Hope everyone is having a good afternoon!

Grandkids can be tiring but they're so much fun too.

1 person likes this

good morning its 9:42

been up, listening to a book on tape on Hoopla

its calm and not too humid,will have to water in a bit.,just finished up writing two greeting cards,one a birthday and one of encouragement for my friends hubby who is going thru a difficult time,after 30 days in the hospital,he is now trying to get leg strength back.

have a wonderful day

Good Morning.

Everyone must be sleeping in today, those Friday night parties will wear ya out :lol.

I've been up for a while, started laundry and paid some bills. I have my little granddaughter coming soon so it will be a busy day here. I finally posted a picture of the Spice Market Shawl I finished earlier this month, here is the link

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/160563-spice-market-shawl/

Brenda, these are the skorts I make for my granddaughters. The skirt goes all the way around, the shorts underneath have a yoke like the skirt top and attach nicely at the waist so there isn't a lot of bulk there. The pattern also has a circle skirt which I love and a pleated skirt which I haven't tried.

5b49feec4540e_7-12-18(1).thumb.JPG.97c19e1c853dfff9ea1025eb6bd72db7.JPG

Not much else going on here. Hope everyone has a great day.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, cshort said:

Grandkids can be tiring but they're so much fun too.

They are fun, but the two little girls fought most of the time!!  I love them so much, but now that the parents are divorced, we don't see them often, don't know when we'll see them again;  I do know it won't be the holidays.  The mother isn't very fond of me, only when she needs my help;  but I love the kids (their dad is my son and he has stuff to work out).  Kids have stressful lives sometimes.  I hope we made them happy while they were here.

I've been wanting to make myself a sampler afghan, this is my first square.  I don't have a plan, just squares that I like when I see them.  I just found 365 squares on youtube!!  I'll be busy a while.

101_7857.JPG

1 hour ago, cshort said:

Good Morning.

Everyone must be sleeping in today, those Friday night parties will wear ya out :lol.

I've been up for a while, started laundry and paid some bills. I have my little granddaughter coming soon so it will be a busy day here. I finally posted a picture of the Spice Market Shawl I finished earlier this month, here is the link

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/160563-spice-market-shawl/

Brenda, these are the skorts I make for my granddaughters. The skirt goes all the way around, the shorts underneath have a yoke like the skirt top and attach nicely at the waist so there isn't a lot of bulk there. The pattern also has a circle skirt which I love and a pleated skirt which I haven't tried.

5b49feec4540e_7-12-18(1).thumb.JPG.97c19e1c853dfff9ea1025eb6bd72db7.JPG

Not much else going on here. Hope everyone has a great day.

these are adorable!  do you make the doll size to match?

Those dresses or skorts are adorable.

The square is so pretty.

Well went out and got a haircut this morning, then the grocery store and now hiding in the house with the air on.  Waiting for our afternoon thunderstorm.

Off to my corner.  Have a fun weekend.

Good Morning!!

Skorts are cute. I'm sure they will love them.

A rough morning , but need to get up and moving.

Funnymom thats a pretty square.

Carol your shawl is really pretty.  I love those skorts.  I guess I hadnt seen them with a gathered skirt like that with the yoke and if I did I never realized they were skorts.  I guess I have mostly seen the circle skirt and when I was a kid I had a pleated pair that I loved. I guess these have a zipper and button in the back or side ? Your granddaughters are going to get so spoiled wearing those that its going to be rough when they grow up and possibly cant find a pattern.  I havent looked at patterns for a long time but have looked in the past and sometimes there was a pattern but other times there wasnt. 

We got about 0.2 inches of rain this morning so its really sticky out.  Might blow in another shower later today or tomorrow.  Guess its a tad cooler out but doesnt feel like it.

cute skorts carol  lovely square funny mom good j ob on it  \so sorry sandra but you must keep the faith and not give up like my sis has several times ok  dont do that fight for yourself!!

oh brenda i know i hated to leave our old place too  our shephard, lab and mini  schnauzer and several cats rest there too  but time moves on and they will are still in your hear tand memory no matter how far away you may go   i wish moving wasn't on the table right now for you i dont think you are ready but that is  only my opinion i guess  seling it and staying there is still a good option but might too be come harder to leave when you have to  i dont know i am worried about this for you so you can take a little break from it for a bit ill do the worrying for now ok lol  just do not rush a decision you have time to decide ok  

maey jo in fl .. where it is equally h&h huh lol  we are so humid we had a fog for most of the morning here  yikes!! can anyone say London lol

im trying to think of some little thing for the kids at pine ridge xmas party lol  nothing coming to me though  you know  ill give it a couple more thinking days and then ,move on lol maybe brenda,s  little stockings with candy in them i really dont know lol  i once made Halloween boo buckets for the brunch bunch , filled with candy i guess i could change up the colors from Halloween colors to xmas colors and do those but im not landing on THEE idea yet lol  i think i have a pic somewhere of those let me check later on lol  i can easily do a couple dozen i guess we will see lol   i have buttons for noses and eyes and ribbon and candy is easy enough so maybe huh  what you all think   l  

100_2622_00.jpg

100_2618.jpg

but they are bulky i guess huh maybe pouches or i dunno just thinking out loud lol  

maybe a curly cue cndy cane or     ackkk i dunno little flat pouches might be the best but ill keep thinking nothing here is striking me yet lol    

Good Morning:morcoffee

Lost my whole post.  Where oh where did it go.

I was up early this morning.  Katy I am watching the weather on Fox and saw how hot you all are getting.  We don't get much fog here during the summer.  What it is like, is walking into a wall of water.  You start sweating as soon as you open the door.

Katy, those baskets are cute and would be cute in Christmas colors, and maybe a red nose.  I have a free pattern for rolly polly ornaments that are Santa and such.  They could be made as toys.

Off to look for something to may while at the Dr.'s tomorrow.  The stress test takes about 2 to 3 hours each day.  I need something that is not to complicated and just a quick pattern.

Well I am off to make breakfast.

Have a fun day.

Edited by Tampa Doll

good morning its already after 11 a.m. A hot and steamy one on tap,that one day of 70 degrees was just a teaser

everything is still alive,um well the orchid didn't make it,thats one less worry.

this week coming up is slam packed with appts.,and so is the week after.

I'm having problems getting to borrow on my one hoopla site,my city has a limit,it resets at midnight,I don't happen to stay up that late,and by 8:30 a.m. the next morning they have reached their limit,think I will talk to a librarian and see whats up with that and if they can make it more available,so now with my other hoopla I have to be more choosy,they only give you 4 borrows,used to be 10,and I only have 2 left for the rest of this month.

well I rattled and prattled long enough,have a wonderful day

Good Morning!

Just a fly by . I have a lot to do before tonight. Daughter is doing a baby gender reveal. So we are cooking tacos and homemade burritos then she'll have the cake that will reveal what she is having.

So I hope everyone is doing good and well.

oh how nice sandra happy cooking lol   yeah i though balls too for ornaments but im just not there yet lol  ill try to keep thinking lol   maybe rounds of two circles with a pouch  or slot in the center   for candy i dunno what i want to do yet lol  plenty o time lol  

more maybe later have a good one   

Edited by katyallen8090

Katie I really love your Halloween baskets.  I think little draw string bags or pouches would be good because its something they could use, carry, and play with. I think they would also be easier to ship and if you put somthing inside it would stay inside in transit.  If you were so inclined I think some little girls at PRR would love the little purses you posted earlier that you had made in the past.  The one Ravelry group has adopted a school and is working on ministockings for all the students.  They want you to fill them with one small candy cane and 2 of the fun size candy bars they sell at Halloween.  I like sending to W4W because they fill them and I can mail them stockings any time of the year.  I am sure you will figure something out because you always come up with such clever ideas.

MaryJo if you find that post you will probably find several of mine.  I guess they go to the Bermuda Triangle of cyberspace.

Well Lyn it was no surprise on the orchid was it?  Are you sure its really dead?  I have learned that some plants can appear to be what I think is dead but they really are not.  I dont know enough about orchids to know if they play dead or not.

Sandra hope you enjoy the reveal party.  Was this one of the newly married daughters?

We got 0.6 of badly needed rain yesterday.  The thermometer says its cooler out but the humidity is keeping the feels like temp high.

Another lapghan and some stockings for W4W

20180715_120808.thumb.jpg.066d267c6365950c27c11e3ab817df73.jpg20180715_121116.thumb.jpg.ad65f636fd0a2b9b1f2b0283f32da2c0.jpg

Edited by bgs

Hello,

Thanks for the compliments.

Lise, I'm sure your grandkids loved being with you. You made them feel special amidst  the chaos/stress of their lives. Your square is very pretty. There is a doll size skirt with this pattern but I don't think I've made it.

Brenda,  the skorts have an elastic waistband in the back only. The afghan and stockings look great.

Katy, the boo buckets are super cute.

Mary Jo, I hope all goes well with the doctor appointment.

Lyn, I hope you have a little time to rest between all the appointments.

Sandra, sounds like a fun and exciting time.

I was up early this morning, went to church and the grocery store. Spent some time spinning and then babysit 2 little girls for a good friend. Now I'm going to crochet and watch some tv. Have a great night.

1 person likes this

Carol I love that skort pattern even more now that I know there is elastic in the back!  

2 hours ago, cshort said:

Lise, I'm sure your grandkids loved being with you. You made them feel special amidst  the chaos/stress of their lives. Your square is very pretty. There is a doll size skirt with this pattern but I don't think I've made it.

cshort  (what is your name??)   I know the kids loved being here, they have alot going on.  We are going to try to get them back after the corn has grown in our garden , so they can pick some.  They love the garden we have.  We prob won't see them for the holidays and it seems the mom won't give me her mailing address, so we won't be able to send gifts (and then she'll complain that they didn't get anything---thats the kind of stuff we have to deal with, with this family).   I'd like to make my grand daughters matching doll dresses and dresses for them.

Thanks on the square. I'll try to post the other squares I've made, tomorrow.

Checking in, late at night!!  I'm crocheting (of course) and waiting for the laundry to be dried.  Went to walmart to get ink for my printer that I haven't used in a year or more.  Got the right ink, and now can't find the cord to connect it to my printer and the cord to plug it in.  Isn't that the way?!  Good thing I got a giant skein of yarn, that's my concellation (sp??) prize!!!

Katy, those pumpkins are so cute.  That gave me an idea to make things for the ladies at the home my Mom is in.  There's less than 40 residences so I should make something for them.

good morning its 7:45 :ccompute

need to get to post office,to mail something to Germany cha ching,how many ounces will it take to get to 40.00,mailing over there is ridiculous

Bgs if I bent the stem there would be a loud crack,yep it croaked,some plants outside are looking iffy I think its all the heavy rain and these soaring tempertures

gotta get a move on,have a wonderful day