katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

2,399 posts in this topic

Katy I sent you an e-mail.  Thank you.  We are waiting for rain.

I have been struggling to get on!!!

Katy I got the green squares. Thank you

Its been a crazy week with 3 little kids here :/   I  think they're going home tomorrow.  I haven't had much time to crochet, but I did sneak some in! lol

Hubby and I met when we were about 15, we're high school sweethearts.  I graduated in '76 (him the year before) and we got married July of '76.  Five years later we had our first baby;  had 8 in all my last one when I was 40.  It's been a long haul, it's alot of work to stay married but worth it. lol  So not an exciting story, just a story.  Now we're 60 and have 14 grandkids.  Weird how life happens huh?

1 person likes this

I started working outside at 630 this morning.  Was out there til 10.  Then came in cleaned up and got busy giving some of our trees a good trimming.  I brought them in the house to work on them.  Just finished getting them back outside and tools cleaned and put away.  Now its time to head out for hotdogs and a pool party. Made it to 99 today and some places over 100.  

Good Morning.  Sun is up and shinning, going to be another hot one today and hopefully more rain.

Off this morning to see the Dr. and then I can relax till next week.

Not much going on.  I remember when I was so busy I did not even have time to read a page in a book.

Well off to get some things done before we leave.

Have a fun day.

Mother in law was released from the hospital yesterday. She seems to be doing better and I'm hoping getting her in familiar surroundings will get her back to normal. My husband is pretty peeved at his sister. While yes, she lives 5 hours away, she couldn't come up to see her mom while she was in the worst stages of her issues, but today she can drive half way between us and her just to go stand in line at Build-a-Bear for their pay your age day. Thank you all for your prayers. 

hello  here it is Thursday already lol  i have purged all week it seems but this is it till fall when the dumpsters come for fall clean up  lol  

all in all i have a monster bin two reg bins, 4 garbage bags full and four boxes to go out on next Wednesday lol  so im calling it done for now  cam not wait for all these things to be out of my house so i can at least have it back to normal around here lol  i had to push a bin out of my way to get to my clean sheets for the bed today lol  comforter is in the washer as we speak  handy went to do his hot water heater job so no tv noise out there sheesh enjoying the quiet i am   

havent crocheted for days   it seems oh and everyone try to remember to update your wish list i did mine yesterday in between filling bags lol thanks for the reminder mary jo   \

sounds like this month is busy for all huh   pool party sounds fun bgs lol grandkids, dr appts pool parties, and fun filled days huh  its h&h here again we have the central ac running fulltilt, and the portable indoor unit running in the living room as we have a lot of windows out there lol  tends to run hot   well i gotta go put my comforter in the dryer now and ill be back on later till then everyone have a nice day albeit hot and miserable lol   

Back from the Dr. All is good.  Still have the heart of a 19 year old and if they find out what I am doing to it, they will not be happy. :rofl

The EKG and the Echo came out great.  My BP was good and except for my weight it was a good visit.

Scary part was we hear them call for a Dr. Stat and then the EMT's came thru the waiting room.  Now imagine sitting in the waiting room at the Heart Dr. and see EMT's walk by.  Tampa Guy said they saw them bring someone out on a stretcher.  Did not know he was in my office.  When I saw them go by, I looked up and said, "That is not good".  The woman across from me said "Yeah, and I am here for a stress test".

So that is my excitement for the day.

Jessicali there is always one in every family.

Have a good day today.

In the words of Arnold "I'll be back".:rofl

1 hour ago, jessicali said:

Mother in law was released from the hospital yesterday. She seems to be doing better and I'm hoping getting her in familiar surroundings will get her back to normal. My husband is pretty peeved at his sister. While yes, she lives 5 hours away, she couldn't come up to see her mom while she was in the worst stages of her issues, but today she can drive half way between us and her just to go stand in line at Build-a-Bear for their pay your age day. Thank you all for your prayers. 

Glad to hear she is better.  Its amazing the feelings that surface during a family crisis.  When my mother was in the hospital dying from cancer one of my sisters and I were at the hospital every day and the other two just once in awhile.  She was in the hospital for at least 2 months.  We were all local.  I was exhausted after 10 hour shifts on my feet all day at work but I went.  I was in the room when one sister called to tell mom she was pregnant and I was there with mom being so sad at knowing she wouldnt be there to see that grandbaby.   I was so angry with my sister for not coming more often and telling her in person.  Then she went to her place in the country for Labor day weekend but did stop by when she got back in town.  The first night I planned on not going to the hospital mom passed that day.  Through this I realized I needed to make choices and do or not do what I could live with.  I had no control over anyone else.  At the end of the day I needed to be able to look back and not regret what I did or didnt do.  When things come up I always ask myself are you going to look back and say I wish I had....... If the answer is yes then I do it.  When dh asks me what I think say about attending a  funeral I ask him if he thinks he will be saying he wished he had gone and if the answer is yes he needs to go.  I know I just need to do the best I can and realize everyone's best is not the same.  When my dad was in the hospital I apologized to stepmom for being stuck with me.  The others were out of town and I felt they were far better in these situations than me.  I told her I was doing my best but my best just wasnt as good asit used to be.

Edited by bgs

Mary Jo glad you got a good report.  Definately not good having to see someone hauled out on a stretcher from the heart drs office.  Guess you are literally young at heart then.  

Katy we are new at this church so we decided we needed to attend a few of their events because they are always asking and encouraging us to attend.  We usually already have other things scheduled, dh doesnt usually make it home from work in time, I hate figuring out food for potlucks, and until last week we didnt have addresses and phone numbers and dont know many of the people.  They just announce that something is at so and so's house.  (They dont have a fellowship hall) We did go to the potluck in June at the one couples house because she has made a point to talk to us ever since we started and is always wanting us to go to things.  Dh got the address and directions to their house from her husband. We knew we had to go.  Then we went to the ice cream social.  It was in the church parking lot.  Since we got an address and phone number list last Sun we were able to google the address and find the house for last night.  The guy seems to be a character and we wanted to see his place.  Picture this.  He is cattycorner to an old cemetery.  Cornfields on one side and the back.  I guess it was his baseball field complete with bleachers and the high protective fence at home plate on the other side.  He has a deck on the back of the house with a very large patio and a pretty fair sized in ground pool(you mostly see above ground pools around here).  Lots of patio tables and chairs, a couple of picnic tables, a big iron swing and lots of large pots with flowers.  Now he offered to do this and his wife found out when she read the announcement for it while she was in Greece.  Then he agreed to babysit their new grandson same day evening and yesterday was her first day back to work.  Except for the heat we had a good time.  I love being in the water but havent been wet in years.  I dont think I even have a swimsuit anymore. Our neighbors have an above ground pool and I used to go swim but I easily sunburn and havent been in it for years now. I think we will be skip the beekeeper potluck picnic this Sun and the church one the next Sun (already have one on that Sat with dh's dulcimer group).  

Everyday gets hotter and hotter.  I didnt get as early of a start outside this morning because I didnt think I was going to do as much.  I was wrong.  

Edited by bgs

Time to say goodnight.  Pills taken out for tomorrow.  Trash is out and now it is time to shut down the computer and go in to bed.

Get to sleep in tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Neighbor knocked at door this evening.  Dh had mentioned to him awhile back that a move was in our future.  Tonight neighbor said he is planning on selling his old place that he has been renting out and is interested in buying this place.  Oh nooooooooooo!  

Wow Brenda.  That is amazing, maybe he can buy it and rent it to you till you find your own.  That would be one worry off your back,

Up early this morning.  Nothing on the list to do.

It is 7 AM 75 with a feels like of 79 and 100% humidity.  Waiting for the rain.

Well off to get my first cup of coffee.:morcoffee

Good Morning.

I hope everyone is doing well. The little princess is keeping me busy but hopefully today will be a quiet sewing day.

Have a great day everyone.

8:58 

one coffee down,feeling slightly awake.

glad to hear your visit went well Mary Jo,Jessicali hope your mil does better with each new day.

holey smokes Bgs,already have a potential buyer,good luck with what you decide

have a great day

oh you asked how we met,Katy

1 blind date

2 he was the brother of someone I knew

3 pen pals

lets see if you guess right,I'll tell the correct answer this evening

Sorry I have been absent and quiet. I just have a lot going on.

I am hermit myself and try not to go to far from home. 
I have a couple lumps in my throat and then found a couple in my breast. It's been hard to deal with and just everything going on. My thyroid is way off and I have been gaining weight which makes me not want to go a damn place and I am so angry... I went to the doctors yesterday and they will remove the lumps and I will have a mammogram, and a mri. I'm not going to go into the family crap other than they don't like what I got to say and I just really don't care...So I am around just been sticking to myself and cleaning. I'm going to go lay down for a little bit for I woke up with a headache which I haven't in a long time. I'm sure it's just stress and I need to physically and mentally get it together, Just not happening today..

baby gender reveal will be Sunday!

Owlvamp

sorry you have all that heavy stuff to deal with,hope things get better soon

hello, thought I'd pop in today.  The grandkids went back to their mom yesterday,  I am still exhausted!!  I get worn out easier, these kids are so busy and the girls fought quite a bit, in between crying.  All I have energy today for is crocheting and watching youtube!!  I'm watching Jayda in Stitches right now and since I"m alone, I can watch it on tv.  I'm working on grocery/shopping bags, and I'm almost done.  We have a couple stores that don't use bags anymore :(  Plus this cotton, when washed the colors ran, so I couldn't use it for dishcloths for gifts!!!  Hope everyone is having a good afternoon!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, pineknott said:

oh you asked how we met,Katy

1 blind date

2 he was the brother of someone I knew

3 pen pals

lets see if you guess right,I'll tell the correct answer this evening

i guess all of the above lyn??

hello all good to hear mil is improving jess  and bgs how cool huh i like the idea of you all renting it till you found something lol  tampa good on the dr reports lady!! did hubby come out with flying colors too?? 

today is friday the 13th lol  happy 13th i guess hope your days dont live up to the  reputation lol  i think sometimes it gets a bad rap you know lol  

took it easy kinda today didnt accomplish much lol but its ok im still re cooping lol  it did and might still rain pretty good this afternoon  sunny for now lo

found about 5 0r 6 small balls of cotton out of the bin my scraps i guess so eorked on some washcloths for pine ridge i guess just to get rid of them  only small amounts o i tried to use them up and i did most of them lol  now i think all i have left is a couple cones of it oh and a small bin of skeins i guess lol   

oh glad you got the squares sandra, i had that one skein from some yarn someone got for me at a garage sale sooo lol thought you could use more  you shloud update your needs now so we will know better  do you have enough to complete even one yet i waana see one lol i think you are/were making three and one is done is that correct so an update would be helpful  you were so ambitious taking that all on i would never be able to commit to even one ghan anymore lol  i prefer these days to do the smaller projects lol  

i think the last big one i made was that oceans of blue for my sis and bil  that i pictured up there somewhere lol  

we:manyheart:manyheart:yesll entered that too fast lol  but guess i wss done lol  onward and forward all have a good one  lol  

We have known this neighbor was interested in the place.  We will have to see how it all works out. Logically it sounds great because he told us we wouldnt need to do all the things inside or outside we said needed doing and he wouldnt be in a big hurry for us to move out.  Could probably just go to the title company and take care of the paperwork ourselves like we did when selling dads house. That title company was really great to work with.  We told him we needed to  see where we stood financially with dh retiring in order to know where we can afford to move to.   I know we would be ok here.  Dh has wanted to leave here for sometime.  I cant honestly say I want to leave but keep trying to talk myself into it.  I can not honestly say I am happy or excited about where and what we most likely will be moving to.  They are just ok.   Its just the logical thing to do.   I look around here and see flowers and bushes from my grandma's, dad's, and dear friend's (all gone now) yards, how the zoysia that I started from runners from dad's yard has spread and almost filled in, the pine, cedar, apple, peach trees and blackberry briars I set out.  My dogs are buried here.  This was TC's home.  Breaks my heart to think about leaving the two cats that have started hanging around and my hummingbirds.  

Sandra sending you hugs.

Lyn I guess #2.

funnymom I wish you knew ahead of time which of those cottons would run before buying them