katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

1,549 posts in this topic

:ccompute 8:45

good morning

a little more awake an hour later.

the sun is trying to come out,Bill hopes the rain holds off till late afternoon so he can mow the yard,with just about a weeks worth of rain

tomorrow school starts back,a four day work week till late August,have a great day

Edited by pineknott

well i had a long post and poof it went bye bye so hello lyn hi to all for now  be back latrer on ok have a great day  

Darn it Lyn sorry about the truck.  Sounds about like our house where you have to have 3 vehicles in hopes to always have one that is working.  It rained yesterday, last night and this morning.  We really needed and wanted to mow.

Had a very busy day yesterday and no signal out from home when we finally got back.  Yesterday was a once in a lifetime day for me.  I saw the Broadway musical The Lion King at KC's Music Hall.  It was fantastic.  We went with my sister and niece.  My niece took care of ordering tickets.  Instead of putting us all 4 in one row she put us two to a row in rows that were one behind the other and aisle seats-----aisles the animals go down.  She and my sis had seen it in New York.  Afterwards we went to a new Mexican restaurant.  It was very good.  They had a mariachi band wandering the floor.

Edited by bgs

47 minutes ago, Tribble79 said:

Just a quick check in... Been so busy. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Oh good.  I was just thinking about you and little tribs birthday.  Your little duck is sure growing

1 person likes this

Bgs

that must have been awesome.I haven't seen Lion King although year after year it has a six week run here in Norfolk.

I have seen a few others,Sound Of Music with Marie Osmond,and Camalot with Robert Goulet,Annie and Peter Pan by the childrens troupe called the Hurrah Players

Lyn go see it!  The mix of puppetry with costuming is absolutely incredible. Its amazing how the people blend into the costuming to represent the animals and landscape. I think that really sets it apart from anything else you have probably seen. I am a Disney fan and Lion King is one of my three favorites anyway. (Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid being the other two).  I have the cd of the music from the animated because I liked it so much.  I saw Big River years ago at an outdoor theater and You Cant Take it with You with Don Knotts at a dinner theater but I have never seen anything that compares to this.  It was fantastic being on an aisle seat and them stopped beside me.  My niece got me the bag when she saw it in New York cause she knows I love bags and Lion King so I wasnt going to buy anything.  By the time it was over I decided I had to get the book explaining about how they pulled it off plus lots of photos.  Then I got the combo cd sound track dvd behind the scenes.  The things they show and tell you about the set, puppets, and costuming---just incredible.  Things like the footwear is hand painted to match each performers skin tone and if they go on vacation and come back with a tan they are repainted to match.  The show had its funny parts too.  Dh says he was really glad he went.  

Edited by bgs
1 person likes this

:ccompute 9:00

restless night,just getting to the coffee

really,it  says only 40 mins ago,when its been hrs,got some kitchen stuff done,hopefully I sleep better tonite,I'm feeling drained

Edited by pineknott
1 person likes this

o

16 hours ago, bgs said:

Lyn go see it!  The mix of puppetry with costuming is absolutely incredible. Its amazing how the people blend into the costuming to represent the animals and landscape. I think that really sets it apart from anything else you have probably seen. I am a Disney fan and Lion King is one of my three favorites anyway. (Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid being the other two).  I have the cd of the music from the animated because I liked it so much.  I saw Big River years ago at an outdoor theater and You Cant Take it with You with Don Knotts at a dinner theater but I have never seen anything that compares to this.  It was fantastic being on an aisle seat and them stopped beside me.  My niece got me the bag when she saw it in New York cause she knows I love bags and Lion King so I wasnt going to buy anything.  By the time it was over I decided I had to get the book explaining about how they pulled it off plus lots of photos.  Then I got the combo cd sound track dvd behind the scenes.  The things they show and tell you about the set, puppets, and costuming---just incredible.  Things like the footwear is hand painted to match each performers skin tone and if they go on vacation and come back with a tan they are repainted to match.  The show had its funny parts too.  Dh says he was really glad he went.  

oh lyn get some rest lady!!  

Bgs so glad you got to enjoy it  i have only seen a grand production of River Dance which was simply amazing and saw the Celtic Women here too but im sure i would like those you both mentioned but no one to go with anymore  as my sister cant do  things like that anymore 

i have been busying myself with working off some balls out of the ball basket  i reclaimed 18 or so rubber bands lol that is how i keep my balls together lol  but still i have  more lol i think left alone in that smallish ball basket they must multiply you know  in the years of wire hangers i think they did too cos as much of them as i gave to goodwill there was always more  lol  i have long  since then had plastic hangers but the opposite is true i think with them as they seem to just disappear overnight lol  like at night i go to bed with several hanging by the dryer and in the am i dont see them anymore they have taken leave of the laundry room lol  not even leaving a note mind you!! How rude huh !! or they have transported themselves to a laundry room far far away in a different dimension perhaps  ??? maybe where hangers roam free, and  wild  

its a dilemma i tell ya!! so i have at least 20 more squares for pr res just from scraps and balls lol  if the amount of the ball can not even do a yo yo then and only then  it goes into the bird nesty jar lol

i waste little yarn and   the birds love the yarn pieces course first i have to cut it into smaller pieces but that only takes a minute  i am struggling through the darker color balls and mixing in some varg or off white here and there as i go cause otherwise working with just darks would not be fun

for me lol   i am all about color lol    

ok well other than that lol nothing much new  weather has been warm and sunny so wash-tub of flowers were moved back to their spot where they can soak up the sun today  there are so many buds sheesh!!and i never worry about the succulents ( cacti and such ) as they pretty much take care of themselves lol  we have an understanding lol     

Handy is home early needs 3 more long boards to finish framing in the canopy

frame and didnt feel like walking Menards today    that ladder work really bothers his hip, even with the tems unit full force  so he is home now resting his hip   

how is your leg mary jo?? and who was it that sprained something else?? 

hope all are well and enjoying the day today  have a good one ok!! :manyheart

1 person likes this

What a hard week and weekend. Funeral is over and now to prepare for the wedding on Saturday.

Its been so hard to get motivated. I hope and pray all is well with everyone.

Talk soon

1 person likes this

Katy your tub of flowers sounds so pretty.  Share a picture when it blooms out.  You are doing so good working through your yarn.  I just cant seem to get started--- just dont feel like it.  For me it was an event of a lifetime to see The Lion King Broadway musical.  I couldnt believe I was sitting there watching it and that at times cast members were right beside me---I mean I could have moved an elbow just a bit and touched them.  Costuming was so fascinating----like the giraffes.  If you really looked you could see the human walking on stilts while using taller ones with their arms.  I was amazed they could walk across stage using 4 stilts at the angle it threw their bodies let alone with the long giraffe neck added.  The way they blended puppetry with costuming so you definately get the feel that the humans are representing animals.  Look at the photo in this article of the giraffes and cheetah.  The cheetah is a puppet.

https://thegreenroomchronicles.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/disneys-the-lion-king-the-musical/

Lyn having a heck of a time here.  I have had to resort to making a list of things I missplace so I will remember to look for them when I get a chance.  Dh kept saying he needed to make marina visits before the holiday weekend so I finally pointed out that its this weekend when was he going to do it?  But hey last Sat he was looking at his baseball schedule and said they must have made a mistake because they played the Yankees Fri night not Thurs night.  Well I looked at it and pointed out he was looking at last years schedule.  Heaven help us.  

Spent the day on the road running lots of errands including those marina visits.  One is near the cemetery where my folks are so we took flowers to leave in the vase.  Also stopped and got new wheels for our mowing deck as the old ones are cracked.  Signal is not good so shall see if I can post.

1 person likes this

MaryJo

thank you for the card and dish cloths,cool stitch,what is it so I can check it out

1 person likes this

Good Morning.  Quick stop by.

Lyn glad you like them.  The pattern is called C2C Washcloths/Dishcloths.  Here is the pattern from Perfect Stitch.  It is free.

Off to get my day started.

1 person likes this

Going to be hot a hot and humid one.  Mowing has to be done and its going to be a hard job.  Couldnt get to it because of all the rainy days which of course made it grow faster.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

hi all rough morning weather wise rained to beat the band and the thunder was all one 2 hour roll  i have never heard it that way before just rolled on and on renewing itself as it went  tornado sirens went off a county over but not for us but we are only a couple miles away from the county line and daughter is right on the line soooo    

had news last night, sis entered emerg. room via ambulance and went into emergency surgery about 8 30 pm for a colon surgery apparently part of her colon was twisted and had a fissure where part of it was damaged leaking into other body cavities    at first they could not guarantee  they could remove the damaged part or take a lot more but as it went they were able to save enough so she does have a colon still and wont have to wear a colostomy bag so that is good news  she was just out of surgery when he called at about 11 last evening so i hope to talk to her today at least she sure has been through the wringer with all of this, poor thing   they have treated her for diverticuitus, crones, ibs and an asst of other intestinal problems but nothing ever seemed to help so i hope this does the trick  the y were kinda leery about surgery because of her weakened health condition but had to take the risk or she would not have made it  it was like a 50/50 odds they said so  someone was in her corner huh   

well with that said i guess i will move on to a cheerier topic  

i have still been working off my balls i added some small balls of little varg balls to my basket and so doesn't seem the basket is going down much. bu quite a few rubber  bands ahead lol  i have 32 squares  so far just the last couple days and when i work them all off i wont have any smallish balls left lol woe is me huh lol i am very happy about that to be honest lol   i think a vow to work them off BEFORE so many multiply is my new creedo lol  

well hec about all i can think of today sooo ill say adios for now  All of you have a grand day ok!  :ghug

Edited by katyallen8090
1 person likes this

i had it worked off pretty good as this small basket was overflowing lol till i added more that is  32 squares though so far!!

000_0420.JPG

000_0422.JPG

1 person likes this

Bgs,

we had that same problem when it rained for a week,boy did it grow,took him longer than usual

Love the squares and the almost empty basket.

Just a quick drive by.  Lots to do today.

Hope everyone is feeling good and all is going well.

been up,just being lazy

hope your sis's recovery goes well,Katy

thanks for the link Mary Jo,looks easy enough for me

have a good day

Its hotter and more humid today.  Weatherman said we are having July weather------ and it was snowing just 3 weeks ago.  Spent morning working on rotating winter and summer clothes, doing laundry, and a few things outside.  Just checked my phone and saw my aunt in sent pictures where she has been to the cemetery to decorate my grandparents and her sisters graves. I havent been down there for a few years.   Guess its appropriate since its  her brother's/my dads birthday.  Think sis and niece are having lunch at one of dads favorite restaurants today.

Katy maybe this was what was wrong with your sister all along and maybe now she will feel better.  At least thats what I am hoping.  

:ghugyes bgs i agree as she has been suffering quite a while wit it  i lookd it up and it is quite life threatening especially with it leak-through a fissure into other body parts and it could choke off the blood supply if left alone and unattended for long  i hope this feels her better she just got the respirator taken off this am and cant talk strongly yet but i will wait till she calls me   i feel as though i have accomplished a lot in the past few days just keeping busy of course the yarn balls were busy work i guess but got a lot done besides that and it sounds like you did too bgs lol 

i did notice too that some of the weights in rhss are just really thicker for some reason like that darn paddy green and now i noticed cherry red as well     

those two are kinda harder to work with and dont measure up to size  as nicely either  almost have to use a g or 7 hook to get them close to 6 inches  fissy fussy arent i lol     

its very hot and humid here and will be for the next few days i guess broken up by some more rain tonight perhaps  we were running a deficit in moisture now i think we normed out lol

i cut up an old flannel gown i just got too hot in and made the nicest softest dusting cloths too i used the long sleeves whole as they fit over my ceiling fan blades nicely and catch any dust too  like a skinny pillow case lol   just one swipe per blade and top and bottom are done and toss the cloth in the washer with your towels lol just my own little discovery lol so i dusted all the stuff inn the bedroom and craft room too all tv screens i could find  !!  

they do tv screens and mirrors and comp screens lol    

all for now taking a break and kicking back for a bit  have a nice day everyone :manyheart       

Edited by katyallen8090

Katy seems like they go through spells where a color is thicker than usual for awhile.   I have had very thick turquoise and amethyst---much more so than paddy green. Then it seems as if the multicolored ones are a little on the thin side. 

I have been sorting through a few things trying to find a couple of things I have missplaced.  I am assuming I missplaced them and someone wasnt being "helpful".  I went out to get the mail and stopped to pull a few weeds and before I knew it I was drenched in sweat.