katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

thanks for asking Katie,she is holding steady,most times at the full moon,she gets well, a bit squirrely,but she had that for years,always told her its the Hungarian gypsy in her blood

Katie,when I read British authors,I almost need a dictionary to figure out terms,like the trunk of a car over there is called the boot,there were others but I'm on limited time here,the author is Jenny Colgan,we've read three or four of her books,The Little Beach street bakery,return to the little beach street bakery,and Christmas at the little beach street bakery,all were quirky and a fun read

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

Tribble, do you work in the home health field?  I was a CNA/HHA and worked in nursing homes and private duty (in their home), then was offered a job in the office as staff coordinator.  Yeah, it can be trying at times, finding workers with a heart for the work and for the clients/patients they serve.  Of course, you don't know if you like working with disabled/sickly people until you try it.  Altho, we did get a few "stinkers" for clients, too ~ LoL ~ but it made for an interesting week, for sure. :D

30 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

tribble my  daughter is admin at home health care business and they have such a turnover        some are made for it others are not  she is constantly hiring and firing and rescheduling    she loses people and gains people every day

No, I work at the local hospital. I am a Registrar in the Emergency Room (I'm the only registrar there on night shift so I also register any inpatients, outpatients, infusions that come in). I've been there for 19 years. lol, now with the new cpt codes and running estimates and having to ask money from the ER patients. I hate that. With our outpatients it adds about 10 minutes to entering the codes and running an estimate to each registration. It's horrible. Now after 19 years, I'm considering going back to school and changing jobs. I told my supervisor if I had to do cpt codes, I might as well go to college for it and just do that in a different job. Bad thing is I live a block from my job and I would hate driving, but maybe it is time for a bit of a change. I will have to drive if we ever get to move anyway - might as well start getting used to it now.

Had our usual omelets for breakfast. Doing okay on the diet still need to work my calories down to 1200. I hate 1200 calories. lol, I like to eat. Anyway I'll get there eventually.

Going to clean house for a bit and start laundry.. Have a wonderful day all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tribble79 said:

No, I work at the local hospital. I am a Registrar in the Emergency Room (I'm the only registrar there on night shift so I also register any inpatients, outpatients, infusions that come in). I've been there for 19 years. lol, now with the new cpt codes and running estimates and having to ask money from the ER patients. I hate that. With our outpatients it adds about 10 minutes to entering the codes and running an estimate to each registration. It's horrible. Now after 19 years, I'm considering going back to school and changing jobs. I told my supervisor if I had to do cpt codes, I might as well go to college for it and just do that in a different job. Bad thing is I live a block from my job and I would hate driving, but maybe it is time for a bit of a change. I will have to drive if we ever get to move anyway - might as well start getting used to it now.

Had our usual omelets for breakfast. Doing okay on the diet still need to work my calories down to 1200. I hate 1200 calories. lol, I like to eat. Anyway I'll get there eventually.

Going to clean house for a bit and start laundry.. Have a wonderful day all.

Hey! Tribble ~ that's great that you've been able to hang onto your job for 19 yrs!  That's a feat in itself these days, heh?  But any job in the nursing field ~ office, patient, etc. ~ is all needed.  I have a friend who took the online courses for CPT codes, and she works from her home thru the internet and is doing very well, from what she says.  I've even thought about doing something like this myself, since I can't work outside the home anymore . . . this rheumatoid arthritis keeps me from doing a lot of things I use to enjoy, and it takes me longer to get things done these days.  Just thankful for what I CAN do ~ :)   Living close to work is always a perk, too, less to deal with in bad weather and traffic.

The weight thing just seems to get harder to handle as we get older, girl!  I just seem to bounce between 2 to 5-lbs gaining, and then it sticks to me like glue.  And then the cycle runs again!  I really, really need to cut back on the breads, especially, but it's all SO good! LoL  You know . . . garlic bread, sweetrolls, twinkies (oh, yeah!).  I try not to over indulge, but the calories find me anyway . . . :elle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

thanks for asking Katie,she is holding steady,most times at the full moon,she gets well, a bit squirrely,but she had that for years,always told her its the Hungarian gypsy in her blood

Katie,when I read British authors,I almost need a dictionary to figure out terms,like the trunk of a car over there is called the boot,there were others but I'm on limited time here,the author is Jenny Colgan,we've read three or four of her books,Beach street bakery,return to the beach street bakery,and Christmas at the beach street bakery,all were quirky and a fun read

I'll have to check out Jenny Colgan's books ~ :)  Sounds like fun reading!

We spent the day with my sis and niece at the Rock and Gem show.  There is always lots of interesting things for sale.  I do a lot of looking not much buying.  There are slso educational exhibits and lectures.  I did buy a ring.  My niece likes and it fits her so she can have when I am gone or if I get tired of it.

I have recieved some very lovely birthday squares and cards :ty I will try and post some pictures tomorrow :hug Thank you so very much ! I love them :manyheart

On 3/10/2018 at 2:02 PM, Lovin2Crochet said:

The weight thing just seems to get harder to handle as we get older, girl!  I just seem to bounce between 2 to 5-lbs gaining, and then it sticks to me like glue.  And then the cycle runs again!  I really, really need to cut back on the breads, especially, but it's all SO good! LoL  You know . . . garlic bread, sweetrolls, twinkies (oh, yeah!).  I try not to over indulge, but the calories find me anyway . . . :elle

lol I love me some garlic bread and twinkies!!! I'm okay if it's not in the house, but if it's there I will eat until it is gone!

22 hours ago, bgs said:

We spent the day with my sis and niece at the Rock and Gem show.  There is always lots of interesting things for sale.  I do a lot of looking not much buying.  There are slso educational exhibits and lectures.  I did buy a ring.  My niece likes and it fits her so she can have when I am gone or if I get tired of it.

I've always wanted to go to one of these, I collect rocks and fossils. So this would be a fantastic visit. I always seem to have to work when they are having one close to me. Yuck. lol. One of these days. 

Took a nap today because I am working tonight. Finished my caterpillar, now on to mimikyu and to finish the blankets I'm slowly working on. 

Have a good evening!

28958277_10208830852327188_3208158270225121280_n - Edited.jpg

29101908_10208830852087182_1403225769051684864_n - Edited.jpg

• Like 1

Well darn it Krys no time to run to JoAnns today but I really should not buy more yarn anyway.

:cheerLINDA on # 28.  Slow but sure you are getting them done and after 3 storms they will be needed.

Tribble awesome catapiller.  We have been going to the Rock and Gem show for several years.  They do 3 per year but we only go to the spring one because it is in conjunction with the local rock clubs so they have lectures and educational displays not just stuff for sale.  

Long and busy day.  Church this am then home and then off for a party with ladies I worked with twenty years ago.  I have known one of them for 44 years.  We all lost track of time and next thing we knew 8 hours had passed.  For us Its a little over an hour drive each way.

• Like 2

Tribble ~  I absolutely love your little caterpillar!  Makes me think about Spring and how soon it will be here! :D 

Well, I got ambitious yesterday evening and made a Baklava (puff pastry, pecans, cinnamon, and honey-sugar glaze)!  Oh, they are so good, but so rich, too.  At least I can't eat a lot of it, just a bite or two for the day . . . then here comes hubby, bringing another bite on a napkin for me ~ :lol    He's definitely NOT making it easy to watch the calories . . . just watching them go from hand to mouth! :D

• Like 1

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi.  Thanks for the pattern. 

Love the Caterpillar it is really cute.

I am working on a topsy turvey doll, to go with the princess blanket.

Off to start the day, even though the sun is not up yet.

• Like 1

Carole baklava is one of those thing that is too sweet and rich for me.  Some one in the bee club used to make and bring it in.  I was grateful for the opportunity to sample it because it was something I was never going to make.  Yesterday was sure cloudy damp and cold in our neck of the woods.  Still cloudy and cold this am.

I am dragging this morning between the busy weekend, time change, and getting in late last night.  

• Like 2

Morning all!! well that is one cute Caterpillar lol love it I almost typed

Cute-apillar!! lol  

well had a good birthday yesterday many calls and daughter and hubby were here most of the afternoon into evening we watched some netflix and  ate and it was nice to see them without one or the other running back to the computers lol  no work yesterday for all of us  She gave me a 14 carat gold and diamond necklace it is just lovely and is meant to bring good luck to those that wear it!! Ill never take it off lol  and before they move they want to exchange tvs my smaller one in the craft room that was new at Christmas for a bigger one so im game lol  same brand same quality plus bigger and  higher resolutuin  i guess it wont hang on where they want it on the wall so they want smaller for that particular place lol  no prob with me i could use bigger  one in here lol  

we watched a movie on abe. Lincoln  i was quite bored through it all as much of it was politics instead of what i thought  his life with some civil war history though  in  this was mostly about him and his party trying to get amendment 13 passed in the then house and senate  on a scale of one to ten id be generous to give it a 3  

Then we watched  one called Mercy   now this one was very confusing and lots of violence and i didn't or wasn't able to follow a lot of it as it was filmed mostly in the dark woods or dark places  the story was not really that clear i kept having to ask who is that or what is he doing or which brother got killed lol  another i'd say maybe 4 just for the action and suspense  i guess even though it moved pretty quickly for me  you know lol  

The  rock show sounds amazing! we have a museum in Lincoln we used to visit a lot and they have displays of a lot of rocks and crystals and things  and a dinosaur bone display, Indian arrowheads and pottery and relics  found here in Nebraska too that was always a fav day trip!! in school we had field trips almost every year there   that and the state  capital  and then later on with daughter we took her a couple of times too   another museum a bit further away ( west of here ) had some great displays too in or around Grand Island i guess called Stuhr museum fabulous place!! And Pioneer village a  whole village of olde there much to see     

well crew i guess i have made up for yesterday not getting online huh  ,  so i will leave you and try to start the day or at least think about it lol  later then!!   :ghug

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

I'm popping in to say hello. I was out of town for the past few days spending some time with kids and grandkids so I am way behind here again. 

• Like 3

I have heard from Katy.  She may not be around for awhile. Her older sister passed away this morning from a massive heart attack. They had just talked yesterday as she had called and sang happy birthday to Katy.  Needless to say Katy is hurting and in shock.  

14 hours ago, bgs said:

Carole baklava is one of those thing that is too sweet and rich for me.  Some one in the bee club used to make and bring it in.  I was grateful for the opportunity to sample it because it was something I was never going to make.  Yesterday was sure cloudy damp and cold in our neck of the woods.  Still cloudy and cold this am.

I am dragging this morning between the busy weekend, time change, and getting in late last night.  

Yeah, we're still eatin' on the baklava ~ LoL ~ wish we had some friends to share it with! :D   I made a 9x9 pan, and we still have about half of it left . . . you're right, it's way too sweet and rich.  It is good, tho.

It has stayed cold and dreary today here.  It was suppose to be sunny, but the sun only was out the earlier part of the morning, before we got up . . . then it went away.

I'm working on a few crocheted things, trying to get an assortment worked up as gifties ~ ;)

Is that our KatieAllen, or Katybug, who lost her sister, Brenda??  (edited:  Okay, I figured this out after re-reading your post.)   How sad!  Our thoughts and prayers are with her.  How especially sweet that was that Katy's sister called on her birthday and sang to her.

Edited by Lovin2Crochet
  • Like 1

nest count 28

Good morning,dental cleanning at 1 pm

what a sweet memory that her sister sang Happy Birthday to her,my sil in Germany does that for us every year,its so special.

and then suddenly passing away,how truly sad,my condolences Katy

• Like 1

It was katyallen.  It was the sis she confided in and not the one that just got out of the hospital.  Right now katy feels like her birthday will always be a sad reminder.  In spite of her grief she is concerned about her sis's husband of many years, sis that just got out of the hospital, and some of us.   

Carole the sun popped out here yesterday about noon and then warmed up a bit.  I used to bake stuff all the time to take to work but its too much for just the two of us.  Its too much trouble for him to take it to work since he usually rides the bus part way.

Lyn I am in a holding pattern too.  I have stockings that need ends tucked in and cant remember if that gets me to 100 or not.  I am slowly working in ends on squares for a lapghan for W4W.  These squares have been a lot of work because I took apart some squares to redo the color sequence and to stretch one color from 4 squares into 9.  Then I wound up with some of the squares being very wonky so I took those apart and redid them paying closer attention to pulling the stitches straighter as I made them.  This has been more of a struggle project.

• Like 1

Just a fly by.

I have a lot to do today and not enough hours. Which is what my days to do.

hope all is well!

• Like 1

Oh by the way it snowed here yesterday. Huge huge flakes. It's almost gone this morning. 

Just enough to cause icy roads in the evening through the night and into this morning.

It's crazy weather for sure!!

• Like 2

Thank you, Brenda ~ :hug    I know it always seems to hurt worse when you lose someone unexpectedly.  Jim has a funeral to do this Saturday for a friend of ours who lost his brother.  We had all thought he was on the road to recovery, but died suddenly, like his body was just tired of fighting.  He'd had a lot of health problems and was confined to a wheelchair.

I'll be sure and get a card sent to her, too.

• Like 1

Carole my condolences to your husband's friend.  Your husbands support will mean a lot.  It just seems like it is harder on me the older I get.  I have been researching articles on grief and they mention that grief never goes away.  You just find ways to deal with it and each new loss we face often brings up pain from previous losses.  Then I found what for me is the explanation for grief.  It is the price we pay for loving.  I guess its all stuff I sort of knew all along. 

• Like 2