katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

:ghug:ghugmorning morning all  bright sunshiney  day today gonna top ff at 60  hey for feb in Nebraska that is phenomenal lol   

I  got a card to Sandra done and ready to mail this am and you know every pen i used ran out of ink!!  Her note inside is done like with 5 different pens i swear  every single one looks as though it has lots of ink in it but start writing with it and its out!! They all must be old lol but i got it done and will put  it in the mail today  sometimes we all need a little cheering up huh 

oh i have some news too my sis called last evening and she is in the hosp  I guess she went bezerk and he called a squad for her  i believe she is in the mental ward since last Sunday and they are weaning her off her sacred opioids with what i believe is methadone  she will be there for a while and then to a rehab where she stays there   there is no leaving till they say anyway and will see a psychiatrist daily  she is/ was not forth coming with this news but this is what i found out myself she told me she was in icu but she is on the mental illness ward same floor but not icu  she sounded better than she has for a long time and was coherent calm and adjusting well  keeping my fingers crossed she heeds the rules and regs and stays off those drugs when she is released  i will advise them to tell him to get rid of all those pills she was always taking too many of  im not sure that is Not what got her in there in the first place you know  what im saying here ,as it  had to be something pretty scary and drastic  for  have him to call a squad. and all she talks about is wanting to die    

she said the first few days were bad but seems now she is settling down  course that would be the coming off those high dosages narcotics and with the methadone it takes away the jitters the cravings and calms the hysterics too  she seemed well,better and was not crying or hysterical  She too  made a point to tell me she was eating better there and hadn't cried once in the last few days    at least she is where she needs to be and im relieved for that  i hope they straighten her out and have high hopes i may get my sister back!!   so keep her in your thoughts and hope for the best  for me will you  

in other news today . well i just dont know  she told me to not call my other sister but i have to she deserves to know and i dont talk to my so-called brother so wont do that but i will call my older sis today and at least let her know this is a good thing    she was not honest with me she has become such a liar but that was the drugs talking too i am sure at least as of late anyway    i know she doesn't want us to know she is in the psych ward but that is the best place for her  for now anyway  

oh yeah i was getting off that subject wasn't i lol  well lets see what else  i am a couple episodes away from the end episode of Shooter and it has nbeen a good series  

i watched The Land Before Time recently again as i have seen it oh a million times when daughter was young lol but it was a good animation by the same guy Don Bluth that also did American Tale  both two of my favs   and netflix has the sequels to them too  and i think back in the day we watched them both a million or two times lol  I think i will summon up on netflix The Last Unicorn too another all time fav of  daughters top shelf pics lol ah beck in the days huh lol    

well, time to start the daily routine so ill be back somewhat later ok  to everyone a good day!!  :ghug:ghug

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bgs said:

Carole I have worked patterns in the past and then gone back and realized that I didnt quite follow the pattern the first times.  Most of the time it worked out better the way I subconsciously did it the first times.  

Ha! Ha!  Yeah, that's about how this pattern is, too, Brenda ~ :D   I don't remember this being so "weird" on the instructions, and can't hardly remember how I did it the first time, sooo . . . anyway, it is doing good, tho.  He's gonna be cute!  I made my sis-n-law one about 3 or 4 yrs ago.  We shall just call it "enhancing" the pattern, ya think? ;)

We're having another glorious, sunshiney day today!  I'm loving it!  And so is saving on the heat cost ~ LoL

We are getting another day or at least most of the day of sunshine.  Temp is climbing into the 60's.  Its very windy out------just howling away.

Katy it does sound like your sis is where she needs to be for now.  I hope they get her lined out and that she can stay that way.

Carole I worked on a pattern a couple of weeks ago that was a doozy.  You know there is a problem when it tells you to work sc in the hdc of the previous round and the previous round was all sc.  The pattern had lots of mistakes all the way through it.  I am glad I started with the piece I did instead of the piece that the pattern listed first because it had less mistakes.  If I had followed the instructions on the first piece it would have been too small.  

• Like 2

no nest count

where has my day gone?its almost time to call it a night.have to gather all the nests together to get an acurrate count,might be at 29 or 31

went shopping for mil,nighties,socks,nighties were easy to find,socks not so much especially the kind he wanted for her,a hanes blend,not cotton socks,of which had a bucket load of,the others just one pack of 3,if I wanted the extended size they had plenty of those but she has a small foot.

• Like 2

I had all kinds of plans to do today, didn't do anything except sleep and fix supper. Maybe tomorrow, I will actually accomplish something. 

Watching The Alienist right now and getting ready ready to work on the mermaid tail I started last year :O would really like to finish it soon. Went to the hobby store today, was completely out of Navy Blue yarn that I needed to work on the shark tail. Bah.. Now tomorrow I will have to make a trip to walmart to see if they have Navy blue. Anyone know if there is a Navy in another brand that will match closely to the Navy Caron One pounders?

I hope everyone's day was great, have a wonderful night all.

• Like 1

hi everyone  a bit foggy this morning! but we did not get snow or rain or ice so its all good lol  those someone called  industrial clips sell at either dollar tree or the dollar  general store 6 to a pack for about a buck  i have some i use for chip clips down to three now where do they go?? lol  

yes bgs im glad to see it too hope she gets all the help there in the world i just want my sister back !!  the old one i used to have!! and its killing her organs off too something drastic must have occurred for him to call a squad  i dont know what yet but i will    

Methadone is a detox drug used for bad drug addicts ans a liquid form is what they give her about three times a day to help with her withdrawl and symptoms and   she will have to stay till they keep cutting her dosages over the next couple of weeks cause they wont prescribe i dont think that for home  especially with her suicidal tendencies , that would be like giving a cocaine addict a shot i the arm,literally!!   

her rehab will take longer than some as she has taken the drugs for years at least 15-20 to the best of my recollection anyway  I never would have thought years ago that someone in my immediate family would be a dope head an opiad dope head 

i think i will get the march bdays puffies packed up today try to deliver them off this week or early next weekk  

brenda what did you do bout granny annie? i have not heard a peep forever from her and dont know much about if she is too sick to collect or what have you? 

I will also after the contest on posting is over have that package to go out too  gonna be a fun month though!! lol  one or more of you will be rewarded lol  

so that said day is getting to almost lunch i guess might have one of those meal things or a sandwich lol  not sure which quite yet but will have a half an apple with it lol   

so all for right now i guess see you on the other side of lunch!! keep you hopes high and expect the best today!! think positive~ :manyheart

• Like 1

good afternoon

slow moving today,trying to clear some clutter from the table,thats about it,have a good day

• Like 2

Busy morning here.  Dh was off and scheduled my car a trip to the dealer for passenger airbag recall.  He took the car in and they gave him a loaner which happened to be the model we have been seriously thinking about buying at some point.  He wanted me to drive it to see what I thought so I said we might as well drive it and do the errands planned for tomorrow.  I got to thinking that this was the first time in my life that I have ever driven a new car.  While my car was in it was time to replace the timing belt and after having them check the brakes we decided to have them replaced too.  His car goes in Mon because the check engine light come on.  

Katy I got a card from grannyannie at Christmas. I sent squares last year but this year I am toying with the idea of just sending her a birthday card saying something like she is often thought of but hadnt checked in for so long that we didnt really know if she still wanted squares or not.  I didnt think to look for those clips while I was out this morning.

I got some of the birthday puffies mailed today.  Have more to work on.  

Edited by bgs
  • Like 2

Brenda ~ I love your little sockies!  They are so cute!  What kind of benefit is it that you do these for?  (You probably already have said, but I don't remember reading about it.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

Brenda ~ I love your little sockies!  They are so cute!  What kind of benefit is it that you do these for?  (You probably already have said, but I don't remember reading about it.)

They go to Warmth for Warriors and are filled to hand out to our military at Christmas.  They also collect hats and lapghans.

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/160223-2018-mini-christmas-stocking-drive/

• Like 2

Good Morning everyone.  I was not on the computer yesterday, as I spent the whole day in my corner.

I went for my follow up on the knee.  The knee is fine, but the pain is back.  It looks like it is a muscle that runs from the hip to the knee.  He thinks I am losing strength on the hip muscle.  He gave me another shot and I will see him in 4 weeks.  He gave me a script for therapy 3 days a week.  Torture time.  I have to find one my insurance will accept.  I have to think about this.

So I can now show what I made for someone we all know.  She lost her dog a little while ago, so I went looking for a pattern for that breed.  The one I found used size 10 thread and a 12 hook.  TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO small.  I used a size d Hook and size 2 yarn.  Then I decided to try a larger one and made it with ww and G hook.  Both are still small as you can see the comparison with the quarter.  She will be getting them today in the mail, so it is safe to show you the Maltese I made.

maltese KRYS (2).JPG

maltese KRYS (4).JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bgs said:

They go to Warmth for Warriors and are filled to hand out to our military at Christmas.  They also collect hats and lapghans.

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/160223-2018-mini-christmas-stocking-drive/

What a wonderful benefit, Brenda!  I love the idea behind this!  (I support our Paralyzed and Disabled Vets.)

• Like 1

Good morning!  Happy March 1st (month of the GREEN! and the Irish! :)  ) ~ It's a beautiful day so far, even tho a little cooler this morning at 40*.  But should be warming up some more, I think?

I've got some cleaning to be done today, and then back to the crocheting ~ :)   I'll be making that appt for hubby this morning, too, to get him checked out by the cancer dr.  Our primary dr said his gout is off the charts, so she upped his meds.  I'm more concerned about what the cancer dr said some time back, that gout symptoms are also a false reading for cancer being active, too.  But we're gonna get that all checked out NOW.  FINALLY!!  (Men are SO bad about seeing drs!)

Hope everyone has a great day . . . SPRING is on it's way, for sure! :D

Oh! I just love your Maltese puppies, Mary Jo!  How so cute!  I'm sure our friend will love them, too . . . so thoughtful of you. :manyheart

3 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

What a wonderful benefit, Brenda!  I love the idea behind this!  (I support our Paralyzed and Disabled Vets.)

Its a good way to use up small balls of acrylic or cotton yarn.  They make up quick so its a good something to work on while trying to figure out what to make next or having to wait on supplies for the next project.  Working on them makes me happy.  Dh was in the Navy, Navy Reserve and now volunteers in the Coast Guard Aux.  Niece's fiance deploys to Kuwait in a couple of days with AF Reserves.   It's just some little something I can do and dh says things like that mean a lot when you are far from home especially for the holidays.  

• Like 2

Mary Jo the little dogs are cute. They should bring our friend much comfort.  Hope the pt helps.  Maybe there are exercises you can do in the pool that will help.  I was so much better off back when I could go to the pool.  I liked being in the water so it was fun not exercise.  

Its a sunny here but there are strong cool gusts of wind.  Happy International Crochet Month.  

• Like 1

hi all  oh what darling puppies!! so cute i love them both lol  

ok brenda i havent sent any squares to ann yet either was waiting to see if you knew anything  and its about time owlvamp returned to us too i mifght add  lol  

im sorry about the loss of a little dog  i still love little dogs bot want one with a good healthy bark to warn me of i dunno people at the door or in the yard and as much as max tries he just cannot mange a loud enough bark to alert me lol 

Ii would go medium   size at least when and if lol  

older sis said she was down with bursitis in her hip and at least i let her know although as usual she didn't offer much that might help    however i did my job and let her know anyway    

sunny day today bright and pleasant out , and max has been watching the birdies all morning in the front where handy always put the bread crumbs  they are the small ones i think maybe sparrows perhaps    

i whipped up a few 6 inchers fr prr this am these i will know are mine if i see them in a ghan lol   most times i cant locate any that look familiar lol these i will recognize lol   

i might wait till the posting contest ends before i send out birthday puffies  to save a trip to the po lol so they are ready just not posting out till after mar 4, when i know who won lol  then send them out all at once  

ok well news of the day review of the last few days i fianally watched Intruder of which i had started a while back and one thing its good but do not watch it if you are home alone or at night ok  fair warning   it ends umm not as i would think but most of them do lol found another too for a daytime watch and added it to my list but forget the name lol might have been Hush but i dunno as i marked a few for future viewing lol  

so im off now to find something to do so see you on the other side of the day!!

:birthday:bday:birthday to all of our March birthday gals including me    lol  

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 0:50 PM, bgs said:

We are getting another day or at least most of the day of sunshine.  Temp is climbing into the 60's.  Its very windy out------just howling away.

Katy it does sound like your sis is where she needs to be for now.  I hope they get her lined out and that she can stay that way.

Carole I worked on a pattern a couple of weeks ago that was a doozy.  You know there is a problem when it tells you to work sc in the hdc of the previous round and the previous round was all sc.  The pattern had lots of mistakes all the way through it.  I am glad I started with the piece I did instead of the piece that the pattern listed first because it had less mistakes.  If I had followed the instructions on the first piece it would have been too small.  

We've got a beautiful day today, trying to push up to 60*, but it's a slow go so far ~ LoL ~ Hubby's working outside today for a little, going thru his piles of boards and such to keep or throw away.  (I'm enjoying some quiet time now ~ ;) )  After I sweep up in my office/craftroom, I plan on crocheting for the rest of the afternoon.

I got some "sunshine" in the mail today, too, so now I have a few more butterflies to find places in my kitchen for ~ :)  (you know I value each one of you as friends, don't you? :manyheart )  Thank you for being a part of my life.  :hug

Oh! Brenda ~ I've been there, done that, too, with a pattern that makes ya crazy ~ LoL  Sometimes I think a few of these designers just like to play with their fellow crocheters' minds, ya think? ;)   It does keep us on our toes, for sure, plus gets the "creative juices" flowing in our own minds I guess ~ :D   This one I'm working on now is kinda like that in spots . . . have to work a bit of it, then figure out another way to go if it does work up right.  But it's always fun! :D 

Edited by Lovin2Crochet
more to say :>)
  • Like 1

gee, been busy these last few days and not making it here in the day time,haven't gotten near the nests yet to do a count

Jimmy had multiple falls yesterday,today he seems okay,ready to snooze,but first I will try and read the last 20 pgs of a Janet Daley book,gee only two books read in Feb.,hangs head,should be starting # 9,only getting to # 7

Hi all! 

I love the maltese puppies Mary Jo! So cute. 

I have been woking on my mermaid tail blanket the last couple of days. 

Not done a lot of anything else. 

Hope everyone has a good day

good morning

have to be quick before I get yanked away to do other things.

we are having high winds 45- 50 mph gusts,part of the Noreaster on the coast,have a good day

• Like 1

Tribble glad you made it back.  We missed not hearing about Little Tribble's Christmas.   From that last picture you posted it looked like he has really grown.  Dont know how much longer we are going to be able to call him little.

Lyn glad Jimmy wasnt hurt.  I hope no one else was hurt either.  Maybe the nests will multiply on their own while you are not looking.  Sounds like the winds we had a gew days ago have reached your area.  

Looks like another nice day with sunshine.  We start with a light frost on the ground and it warms up into the 50's or 60's.  Green stuff is poking thru the ground.

• Like 1