katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

that is a great ideal i once bought several of those for to keep things in undr my bathroom sink like extra soap and stuff so i have a couple now in mt dish cloth cupboard separating the towels from the dish rags lol but have several im not using in here my craft room lol  mine have the square ish holes though like  little windows 

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

That is one way, but you are still going to twist the yarn and have a lot of tangles.  But that is my opinion anyway.  Some have used jars with a hole cut in the lid and other things.  If it is a small graph, like the pocket, this may work.

• Like 1

Hello,

Another day of work but it was an early release day for students so I was able to get some much needed paperwork done in the afternoon. No errands today either so I was able to come straight home, started some laundry and plan to spend the evening stitching.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

Have a great evening.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! I was finally able to log in. I have been having computer problems, then couldn't get into the ville. Sorry I've been gone so long. I received some very lovely christmas items and squares for my birthday.

Not much going on here, just work.. I havn't been crocheting a lot but I think it's time to get back to it. I just need to figure out what to work on first. So many things I want to make.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tribble79 said:

Oh my gosh! I was finally able to log in. I have been having computer problems, then couldn't get into the ville. Sorry I've been gone so long. I received some very lovely christmas items and squares for my birthday.

Not much going on here, just work.. I havn't been crocheting a lot but I think it's time to get back to it. I just need to figure out what to work on first. So many things I want to make.

Hey its great you are back.  Some of us have exchanged email addresses in case we have problems getting logged in here or if the site goes down. If you are interested pm yours to owlvamp so she can add you to the list and send you a list.  We also got the wish lists going again if you want to sign up.

Sandra hope you are feeling better.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 2

Thanks so much, Mary Jo, for the ideas!  They're great! :D  I really like the baggy idea, because those would keep the yarn cleaner, too.  But they are ALL good ideas.  Thankfully, for this first-time doing the color-changing thingy like this, I'm glad the squares are a manageable size (5x7 approx.) ~ LoL  The baskets are nice, tho, if I use full skeins that I can pull thru the center.  I'll have to give several of these ideas a try for sure ~ :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tribble79 said:

:manyheart   :hug  :yay   :waving   :hook

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, bgs said:

This looks like a good idea if it works----clipping back onto work so not dangling and tangling

https://hearthookhome.com/use-industrial-clips-for-yarn-bobbins-in-crochet-and-knitting/

This one looks like it could get messy

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/04/59/730459f975723418ae70088d179b953b.jpg

Brenda ~ I think the industrial clips are my favorite! :)  Everything is so neatly kept in place as you crochet . . . I love it!  (I'm a bit of a neat-freak, so this "mess" I've been dealing with has really made my mind shut down ~ :loco )  We may be heading for town tomorrow, too, so maybe I can pick up some of those industrial clips ~ :)  

Looks like he may be needing to see the dr . . . been having side pains for about a month now, and our primary dr he saw a couple of wks ago didn't seem concerned about it, so . . . I'm making him an appt with the cancer dr/nurse practitioner to see what they say and find out about it.  It's the same place in his side where he had a hematoma removed near his lung, while going thru his cancer treatments.  His labs showed his gout is out of control, which also is a possible sign of the cancer returning.  So we're a bit worried, and I'm sure hubby has mulled this over in his mind this past several weeks, too.  (You know how our men folk can be, right?  It takes them to their knees before they will decide to see the dr!)

Edited:  Did we get to the dr for hubby? :reyes  Of course not!  He's still waiting . . . for what, I have no idea!  Maybe to drive me nuts, right?  It's only a test, so they say ~ :loco

Edited by Lovin2Crochet
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bgs said:

This looks like a good idea if it works----clipping back onto work so not dangling and tangling

https://hearthookhome.com/use-industrial-clips-for-yarn-bobbins-in-crochet-and-knitting/

This one looks like it could get messy

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/04/59/730459f975723418ae70088d179b953b.jpg

These were what I was trying to explain.  Depending on how much yarn you need, you can cut a piece of cardboard to wrap your yarn around and then clip, so that it does not unravel when not in use.  I only use a full skein when it is the background.

Good Morning, going to drop a little in Temp. today.:heehee We will be below 85.:rofl  Sorry guys could not resist. 

Not much going on.  New neighbors should be moving in today.  Got a glimpse of them yesterday as they walked into the garage.

Working on a Leprechaun Gonk.  I hope to get more of him done today.

Well off to see what the world has to offer.

Talk later. 

• Like 1

omg Tribble is back!! :manyheart i knew most likely you had trouble with getting on  eithe via computer or the ville and  just said that here the other day too Usually when we lose someone for a while it is because of that  told ya so!! lol but seriously glad to have you back daphne!! we all missed you and how is little tribble  we imagined he had almost grown up by now lol  yes send owlvamp your email as we want to keep in touch and if you would have had our list when you couln't get to the ville then you could at least emailed one of us lol so it will come in handy  

someone he other day (carole?) that she ran across an old list with all 100+ MEMBERS!! I do remember how long it used to be here but sadly through what i tend to  believe to be possibly  unintentional  neglect perhaps and or , a serious lack of involvement and interest and obvious     absentee assistance( Of course we all are grateful for what we do have)  . that as of late anyway  the ville really appears to be without any guidance or help and is seemingly  taking its last breath, or so it seems for the last year or two at least, as  people have been dropping out or disappearing  at an alarming rate,  and we can only guess at all the reasons for that, and I am only suggesting this   might be one of them 

i hate to have to realize that day may come  but to me anyway, it looks  almost inevitable at the current level of  operation      Of   course it goes without saying,  none of us want to see that and we all hope it doesn't come to fruition but   sending your email to sandra will help us all keep in touch and maybe if we have to, start over again? "we will not go into that good night without a fight"  lol  just my opinion no offence intended to anyone  

in other news    well i really think you gals out there have found so many useful ideas for carole i am amazed and that   is one thing about the ville, our people are so willing to help each other!!  We really are a small hometown community here on our thread and on the ville  note to higher ups please dont take  that away from all of us we love our community   please      

ladies i must say you are all really posting well  and i will have to  probably use the old names in a fish bowl thing as i think this race is going to be almost too close to call !! but we still have some time left and anything can happen right lol  l have nothing pressing today so gonna have a level or two of Luxor before i start doing the rest of my day lol i like Zuma too whomever mentioned that lol  the game lol  

Carole so sorry about hubby  hope he gets another opinion and sees another Dr.  men think they are impervious to sickness and weakness. and pain  Thats  thats why WE are here right  To push or nudge them i guess in the right direction now and then. am i right?   

well i wound up maxie's hard work, and  his fav balls are little balls for him again so he will have That to re- work today lol  a busy kitty is a happy kitty lol till later my friends!   keep the sun on your face and the wind to your back and have a jolly good day!! and if you see that little green Leprechaun,  follow him, he will lead you to his gold!!   :ghug  but be vewy carfull he has some tricks up his sleeve !!  :interest

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 2

Sorry Tribble79, I meant to say Hi and welcome back.  It is so annoying not being able to check into a place you have been before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

These were what I was trying to explain.  Depending on how much yarn you need, you can cut a piece of cardboard to wrap your yarn around and then clip, so that it does not unravel when not in use.  I only use a full skein when it is the background.

Good Morning, going to drop a little in Temp. today.:heehee We will be below 85.:rofl  Sorry guys could not resist. 

Not much going on.  New neighbors should be moving in today.  Got a glimpse of them yesterday as they walked into the garage.

Working on a Leprechaun Gonk.  I hope to get more of him done today.

Well off to see what the world has to offer.

Talk later. 

Okay, girlfriend, can you at least turn your fans on and blow a little of that wonderful heat up this way, into Missouri?  LoL :D

I was wondering how using pieces of cardboard or plastic might work on those bobbins, too.  Still have to fasten them, tho, to keep them from unraveling like you said.

I'm working on a snowman towel hanger, started last night.

Your Leprechaun sounds cute! :) 

:welcome   back, Tribble . . . so sorry you was having trouble with the site and with the computer, too.  It's good to see you here again!  :hug 

• Like 1

Happy Friday!

Tribble,it's great to see you back.

Not much going on here. I hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 1

good evening

was here this a.m. posted my book I had finished,got called away and this is my first available time to post

well we enjoyed 80's for 2 days now back to the reality of the 40's

nest count is still 24,hopefully this evening I'll finish # 25 that was my goal for the olympics was to get to 25 done,hip hip hooray

• Like 1

So Mary Jo do you just keep the yarn or thread wrapped so close to your work that there is no dangle to tangle? I had such a mess doing the pocket on your tote.  I had my bobbins dangling plus all the ends tangling.  I didnt dare work in the ends to keep them out of the way because I had to keep pulling it apart.  I dare say it probably was not the best project choice for my first attempt.  Looking forward to seeing your leprechan gonk.

• Like 2

Good Morning,

I'm up early with laundry started and hopefully finishing the backpack/doll carrier I've been working on for my littlest granddaughter before she gets here today. My daughter is working today so my son-in-law will be dropping the little princess off to spend some time with me. Tomorrow we are participating in a fundraising walk/community event for the hospital that my daughter works at. I might have to try some of the no-tangle ideas since I always have a mess on the back of graphghan projects. 

I hope you all have a great day.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bgs said:

So Mary Jo do you just keep the yarn or thread wrapped so close to your work that there is no dangle to tangle? I had such a mess doing the pocket on your tote.  I had my bobbins dangling plus all the ends tangling.  I didnt dare work in the ends to keep them out of the way because I had to keep pulling it apart.  I dare say it probably was not the best project choice for my first attempt.  Looking forward to seeing your leprechan gonk.

This is not the best example, but the bobbins are easier to detangle if that happens.  Most of the time my bobbins are close like the second picture.

Another hot day today and the sun is shinning.  Sorry to see the cold weather and rain and such up North.

We have a new neighbor.  The people to my left moved and the new people are from Massachusetts.  She is loving it and had all the windows up in the house. 

Off to check out the world. 

360x480_progress002.jpg

Progress Afghan (1).JPG

• Like 2

nest count 24

good morning

those threads on the back of the blanket reminded me of when I did counted cross stitch,to think I used to do some tiny pieces on 22 ct.If I do it now I could only do it on 14 count.

there were 8 balls of yarn in a sandwich zip lock,how tangled could they get?.,oh man took over an hour to get them untangled

not much going on,enjoy the day

• Like 1

wow and these reasons and more  my friends, are why Katie does not attempt graph anythings lol  but i sure admire those that can and do them!! Its a marvel to me!!

Its gloomy here today mary jo, no sun to speak of, so i imagine he is sleeping in today lol  lazy bum!!  you there in warmer states work him way too hard and too long!! lol  and then we get no sun lol  Although there is one place i can think of where its worse for sunshine  Alaska wow huh  

6 months at a time no wonder people there more than other places i hear suffer depression and a higher suicide rate huh  the sun plays a major  part in our mental health!!   i wonder if anyone on the ville hails from Alaska  

i have some questions for them lol  

One would think they are too busy there in the winter months just trying to survive than crocheting but i could be wrong  

That has happened before a couple of times lol

oh and i watched a new release movie on netflix yesterday called Dismissed  and  it was ok the ending what i had in mind lol  bout a student and his teacher  

and i am still working on Shooter too that is like 3 seasons long i think but i gotta see how it ends  now lol

well time to find my groove for today and it feels like a cleaning day lol  we will mull that over a bit before making any snap judgments however lol  

and so vote carries case closed lol later all and do have a great day in spite of the weather ok!!   :ghugto all!!

• Like 1

The Princess afghan, was actually the first graph I did.  I have learned better with each one I do.  That was also made with 3 counted cross stitch graphs.  That was so much fun.

I almost for today is SnowBear's birthday.  So Happy Birthday :cakeand may your day be everything you want it to be.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1