katyallen8090

granny squares for those that need them jan 2018

1,356 posts in this topic

we have since opened a new thread as our posts were getting so long to load please join us and welcome to you all  .

this list is getting shorter and i hope we get more members to join in our cal!! Come  make some friends and squares and  have some fun!! 

welcome to our members and any new members or want to be members you have come to the right place.

It is pretty simple really, we like to make granny squares. We found the best way to do it was to open up a thread on whom might want or need granny squares to maybe help complete an afghan for themselves or charity or anyone they chose. Every one could use some help as sometimes collecting enough squares seems  a daunting for any one single person.

If you would like to join us and make or receive some squares here is the info I will need from you to get you on our list.

We have some :yesangels l:c9 members that only send out squares at this time And a lot of us do both send out and receive some that is up to you Again you do not have to send out to receive squares.

Here is an example of the info you will need to send to me through a pm please do not   post your personal info on the thread as that is just asking for spam. Info as follows.if you were on the list  but are no longer please just let me know and send me your info and ill get you back on ok  

Example:

Anne Ghan ( your name first and last ) 

screen name   annghan44

1234 Square Plaza. (Your address)

Friendship Springs Ne.

Zip code here.

Email address and

Birthday month is  optional but strongly suggested 

size color and preferences for squares you like or need as we will   pm or message  you to ask for your addy if we have some squares to send to you  

its as easy as that

Most of us use RHSS or a comparable 4 ply acrylic yarn. So if you would prefer 6 inch ( or 8 or 12) squares

In shades of greens for instance it could read as such. .

"I am looking for 8inch squares in shades of greens or blues. variegated yarn is ok if in those shades,and solids or mixed of those colors is fine   thank you

please pm me or email for my current address  and thank you   .

Please check this post regularly for updates and changes.

until i can get  info on an update i would advise that you contact the party for  current wants and or needs thank uou !!

. You do not have to send in order to receive it is up to you if you would like to send out some as well to our members

We have lots of talented and generous people on this thread and w like to chat so if you are looking for some squares or some new friends or some place to make or send grannys to or even New Square Friends then please join us. You might end up with a truly one of a kind Ghan that soon becomes one of your favorites not to mention some  new friends you might make !!

we need some new members to "square" for!! Many of our months are empty leaving us all holding the hook so to speak!!  please join us and keep us busy !!!

some   of our members are listed below by their birthday month  

January birthdays

Tampadoll. although  not collecting squares at this time she  does send and she gives so much to us all  please  send her a pretty card to thank her  as she says she just loves cards!

Howieann. she is collecting any six inch squares in Christmassy colors no updates recvd yet . .

Tribble.she. is collecting six inch squares in any color.

MissyKrause  awaitining   preferences 

Feb Birthdays

Snowbear  she would like 8 inch any colors in pastels please 

March birthdays

Picsiescrocheter . Rene would like 8 inch squares and likes blues and purples

Immafreak. she is collecting any size any yarn any color any pattern squares 

katyallen8090. not  collecting at this time but sends out 

Grannyannie. At last contact is accepting any color  not sure about the size  squares no updated info  please send at your own discretion     

MadreBug   our first new member this year  she would like 6 inch squares with personality!!

April

Crochetfan#1. she is not collecting at this time no updates

May Birthdays 

Owlvamp. please contact her for current colors and or   sizes needed vary  thanks

Miniwifeof4boys .not collevting at this time  

Pineknott. she is not collecting at  this time

Ch 5 join with sl st to form ring   she uses ch 4 to start and 4 dc clusters around   

this is how she makes hers using an h hook

Rnd 1: ch3, 2dc in ring, ch 2, (3dc in ring, ch 2) 3 times; join with sl st to top of beg ch 3 finish off.

What size are you shooting for?  If I do  the above with an H hook it measures about 1 1/2 inches square.

yes,I only chain four and then close but the rest is the same  rhss no caron super soft but caron pounders are ok  

June Birthdays

Bgs. not collecting at this time but sends!! How bouta nice card ?..or. ?..

july

aug

Sept

JessicCali she would like 8 inch in purples and greens welcome back jessica! 

Shades of Purples & Greens. RHSS or ILTY. 

Oct birthdays

cshort

she is not collecting at ths time. but sends 

Nov birthdays

Charis. she is collecting 6 inch any colors

Dec birthday

Katiebug 

Any size any color

Kristy Taylor   is now collecting   

Working on the blankets for all my kids birthdays. Starting with Shane. His bday is 4/22   I will update Katy on the squares I need. 

16RHSS yarn

8 paddy green

107 gold

50 coffee

0 white needed as it has been rcvd 

using a j hook , 4 rounds, approx. 5 1/4 inches

This will be a green bay packers afghan.

LOvin2crochet   not collecting at this time  and she was born on Christmas day please pm for updated address   

if any of your info is wrong, or if you are not on the list but should be  please message me and I will correct it. at please message me   thanks!! 

New members will be added on the list as they sign up and send in their prefs in size and Colors

Pine Ridge res. is always needing squares for the blankets they make and hand out to those that need them  please pm me or check it out on Ravelry  for much more info     squares and much more  are always welcome 

no square goes unused so  Come be a square with us.:cheer:ghug

Edited by katyallen8090
2 people like this

Thank you Katy for our new home!.  Since we have a new thread for 2018 I was wondering if the year in the old thread should be changed back to 2017.

1 person likes this

I just thought that since that thread covered 2016 and 2017 that having 2018 in the title might be confusing for some but if you changed it then your archive request wouldnt make since without you changing the title there also.  

You know I can tell a difference on how this thread loads on my phone.

Edited by bgs
1 person likes this

he he  glad it helped you and yeah then i would have to amend that request and thought that might screw them up so just said to close or archive it and didn't want this thread to read too differently so that our mias couldn't identify with it lol so dont know when but the fix is in   to close  the old one   thanks!!

1 person likes this

Glad you opened a new one, as if I remember part of the problem was the old one was to long and made it difficult to get into.

Checked the info is correct. 

Have fun today.

1 person likes this

Forgot to add the graph ghan I am working on.  This is in progress.

Progress Afghan (1).JPG

3 people like this

27 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Progress Afghan (1).JPG

Awesome! Mary Jo ~ I love working with different ways of crocheting.  The graphing looks like fun.  I use to, and still have some magazines with the graph patterns, so need to get them out and work up some of those.  Is this a kit that you bought to make graphs from photos or other media?  If so, this would be a neat thing to try and make a graph out of some of my pictures of my Appaloosa horses I use to have ~ what a neat afghan this would make!

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Kristy Taylor said:

Hey It is Moving day. I am gonna go pick out my bedroom. lol

:clap  :hook  :yay

51 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Progress Afghan (1).JPG

wow spectacular!!   i could never do that!! 

I am in love with graph ghans. gonna make each of my kids one this year for there birthday. SheaLynn will get a frog in August. Travis and Austin will get mario and Link (Zelda). Shane will get green Bay Packers in April. I also have a book of 365 granny squares. thinking i might do one a day for the year

1 person likes this

Sorry Carole, but I went on FB to a group called Free Graph Patterns.  They will make a graph for you.  They are a great group.

I use to have software on my computer, but when I went to Windows 10, it stopped working.

I like the graph ghans, and this is one of the easiest I am doing.

1 person likes this

I found you guys! Whew I was getting to wonder... I'll check back in for I'm in the middle of getting supper ready. Talk to you soon.

Mary Jo thank you for the pattern. I did receive it just haven't had a chance to e-mail you back.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry Carole, but I went on FB to a group called Free Graph Patterns.  They will make a graph for you.  They are a great group.

I use to have software on my computer, but when I went to Windows 10, it stopped working.

I like the graph ghans, and this is one of the easiest I am doing.

That's wonderful about the group on FB!  I may have to go visit them ~ :)   It's just an idea I've had to do something with my horse pictures, and your blankets are a wonderful way to do this.  Thanks.  I've never done a graph-ghan, so this will be interesting.

My son does computer work in the Navy, and he is NOT sold on Windows 10 at all.  He told me to wait for the next system change and keep using our Windows 7, hoping the next one will be better.

10 minutes ago, owlvamp said:

I found you guys! Whew I was getting to wonder... I'll check back in for I'm in the middle of getting supper ready. Talk to you soon.

Mary Jo thank you for the pattern. I did receive it just haven't had a chance to e-mail you back.

:clap  :yay

you did good Katy,it doesn't take forever

my 6 month check was good,love it when he jokingly calls me one of his boring patients A1c was 6.2,he is  not too concerned its stayed between 6.0 and 6.3 for 10 yrs now

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, pineknott said:

you did good Katy,it doesn't take forever

my 6 month check was good,love it when he jokingly calls me one of his boring patients A1c was 6.2,he is  not too concerned its stayed between 6.0 and 6.3 for 10 yrs now

Now there's a happy dance waiting to happen, heh?  Glad your checkup was so good, PineKnott! :)

Been working all evening on granny squares, so should have some ready to get packaged up to mail on Monday! :D  Or maybe Tuesday since New Year's is Sunday night, and Monday may be a holiday, right?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  :manyheart

I went and laid down for wasn't feeling the grandest. I am up while everyone else is sleeping including the fur babies. Hercules doesn't like me being to far but he was sleeping on the bed so I snuck out. He picked up his head and I told him I would be right back. Well I got a few things done so I better get to bed cause morning comes way to early . 

See you all tomorrow or should I say today.

1 person likes this

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is keeping warm this morning.  Sitting here in my Grumpy (from Snow White) jammies.  They are, now don't laugh, like the insulated underwear you wear under you cloths to keep warm.

I am all ready for New Years Eve and Day for food.  Not stepping foot outside the door today except to get the mail.

Working on the afghan today.

Hope all have a fun day and keep warm.

1 person likes this

hi all glad you all found us lol  good numbers pineknott mine was 6.0 ac1 and has been for almost a year too lol  owlvamp herc does keep a close watch over you which is a good thing lol  maxie is that way too and ginger who had herding blood in her ( the collie half of her)

and  used to herd up the cats and daughter and friends to keep track of them too she dud not like everyone in a diff room but got used to me being in the craft room so that is where she always was too  still miss her     

a year ago on jan 2 i was in the hospital and  in   the next 3 days i had under gone 4 surgeries  so i am counting my blessings!!  the recovery was long painful and tedious ss i practically had to learn how to walk again as being there  for a month my muscles atrophied so added to my recovery struggle    as well

l  was a long road but once i got the stitches out and got to stop those infusion antibiotics in my vein for 8 weeks 4 times a dy and night to combat the infection  in mid Feb then my progress picked up considerably  so i am one happy camper i am almost back to normal dr. was right in saying it might  be a year or more  before i would be feeling normal  so i am grateful to be   normal again!! or as normal as i am going to be lol it was a long fight but im here just maybe a little worse for the wearis all  but  happy to be here :clap  

one of my biggest thrills was to see you all on the thread again that was a happy day!!l  as was my pretty blue ghan you all made and sent me :ghug 

so what were your biggest accomplishments or events in 2017  does some event or occasion jump to your mind?Happy or sad ? Would love to hear what your memories of this past year are and what makes you happy or how you feel about another year starting!!      a new year is almost upon us  ??wow already?? huh !! 

Edited by katyallen8090
2 people like this