To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That bear is adorable.

Well we cooled off again this morning.  We are suppose to warm up this weekend, so we shall see.

This is one very busy weekend here in the Tampa Area.

The Pirates will be invading in their Pirate Ship and a big parade, known as Gasparella.  Besides the pirates, we have the NHL All-Stars this weekend.  So Once I get all the Dr.'s and Shopping done on Friday, I am not moving till after Monday.

The Princess afghan is done.  I am waiting for pictures now.

Gasparella  There are some pictures here.

Hi peeps!

Thank you all for the compliments on the ghan. It was a hit! It's on it's way to the new owner (my friend's niece).

On 1/24/2018 at 0:27 PM, Bailey4 said:

I finally finished my Valentine's Bear which means I can box the items and have DH mail it for me tomorrow!!

Valentine's Bear

I love that! I saved the pattern...

On 1/24/2018 at 1:23 PM, Tampa Doll said:

That bear is adorable.

Well we cooled off again this morning.  We are suppose to warm up this weekend, so we shall see.

This is one very busy weekend here in the Tampa Area.

The Pirates will be invading in their Pirate Ship and a big parade, known as Gasparella.  Besides the pirates, we have the NHL All-Stars this weekend.  So Once I get all the Dr.'s and Shopping done on Friday, I am not moving till after Monday.

The Princess afghan is done.  I am waiting for pictures now.

Gasparella  There are some pictures here.

That looks like a fun event!

And I forgot about the NHL all star game - as Rangers fans, we don't see the point of of an all star game in hockey - way too dangerous a sport! 

On 1/24/2018 at 4:06 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Here is the finished product.  The Princess afghan is done and here it is.

I decided on 2 rows of dc in whit and purple .

Disney Princess (2).JPG

I can hear the squeals when it's received!! So adorable!!

On 1/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, Bailey4 said:

Football dishcloth

With the big game coming I have a few more of these to make.  I'm also thinking they might be fun for little Christmas gifts, too.

That's a great idea!

23 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Valentine's Hot Pad

I made the this one as a gift, but I started one on last night for our house as I realized we don't have much in the way of kitchen stuff for Valentine's Day.

A super sweet project.

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to stop in while my computer is working.  It is really wonky today.  So I am making the stops and saying Hi.  Love the potholders and such Bailey4 they are just adorable.

I love seeing all these projects!!!

I just finished the graph portion of my big project. I've still got to add a white ruffle border, but I finished the graph tonight. I'm pretty sure this is the largest one piece project I've done so far...and I'm so happy with it!! 91 hours and 40 minutes of work, started on 12/31/17, all tails woven in tonight. Will be a baby shower gift for my newest expected neice who is due in April :manyheart

BTW the dark spot on the bottom right is a brown owl and it's too dark for the camera to pick up.

20180127_223711_resized.jpg

WOW Great Jobs Mary Jo and Jesse on those blankets....

P.S. Venting Moment you have been warned..!!!

I have been working a few projects in what I am calling this years  "No Xmas Gifts" every year my brother & his family (wife and one child who is 11) want gifts (expect) but tend to lack in giving  (didn't put 5 mins into the gift aka popcorn tin or make up no-one wears) or wait until a week before say we are doing gifts this year because we are broke (is Xmas not 365 days from the last one and you could have put $5 a week or even $1 a week away to buy or make gifts?)  enough about my family issues...

So this year I decided to pick charity type projects to gift items to vs Xmas for my family this year...So I have been working those projects but since Xmas day....

I have completed 2 baby blankets/1 type of bag/ in the process of completing the accessories for the bag 

56 minutes ago, Jayashiangel said:

WOW Great Jobs Mary Jo and Jesse on those blankets....

P.S. Venting Moment you have been warned..!!!

I have been working a few projects in what I am calling this years  "No Xmas Gifts" every year my brother & his family (wife and one child who is 11) want gifts (expect) but tend to lack in giving  (didn't put 5 mins into the gift aka popcorn tin or make up no-one wears) or wait until a week before say we are doing gifts this year because we are broke (is Xmas not 365 days from the last one and you could have put $5 a week or even $1 a week away to buy or make gifts?)  enough about my family issues...

So this year I decided to pick charity type projects to gift items to vs Xmas for my family this year...So I have been working those projects but since Xmas day....

I have completed 2 baby blankets/1 type of bag/ in the process of completing the accessories for the bag 

DH and I had to make some gifting choices shortly after we were married because gifting for 2 large families was just too hard.  His family had the practice of giving to the husband and wife as separate gifts, etc.  First we narrowed it down to family gifts, the next year we moved to my family rules which is the old, the young, and certain special gifts from time to time.  There was resistance at first, but it honestly I think most people really appreciated having the money to spend on their own families and not wasting money on gifts they really couldn't afford. We've kept buying for some of the adult nieces and nephews, but others who have dropped off the list as they have "aged out" of the young list.  Our parents and aunts and uncles are included as long as they are living.  Sadly I've lost my Dad and we've each lost in the Aunt and Uncle category.

Our local church at the time used to have a summer table where people donated odd gifts as prizes.  The first few years of our marriage we sent many of our Christmas gifts to that table because the person who bought them clearly grabbed the first thing they saw on those gift tables you see at Target and Walmart during the Christmas season.  I couldn't imagine why the person buying them purchased the for us, other than they were there and they checked our name off their gift list.  I felt much better when we relieved them from the need to waste their money.

The past couple of years when we've seen something special for someone we normally don't buy for, we've indulged because we haven't wasted tons of money on gifts that nobody wants.

We all get into charity projects for different reasons.  I love making doll clothes, but my family of nieces had outgrown the doll stage and I wasn't prepared to give it up.  So, I was fortunate to find a way to keep doing something I love doing and giving it to kids who wouldn't get dressed dolls otherwise.

Come join us at the Boxing Day CAL we discuss all our charity projects.

Hi peeps!

Working on  the fundraiser blanket! Not much else. I did find a WIP hiding in my closet - next project, I'm thinking.

Jessie - GORGEOUS blanket! I know how hard graphs are to make (I've made a few in my day...lol)

Bailey, I'll check out your Boxing Day thread!

Archived