To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First gift finished, a pair of fingerless gloves for oldest dd’s Birthday at the end of the month.  I designed them myself, and I must confess that I had quite a time making a second one to match the first. However, I did finally figure out what I did, and have written the pattern down it will appear on my blog after DD gets them. The pattern is a bit hard to see in this dark purple yarn, but it’s a shell stitch design.

371FAC3B-E828-4AA1-865D-92023533CFF6.jpeg

E35864F3-2FD3-4B61-AA99-3ED8451B478D.jpeg

Hi peeps!

21 hours ago, MadreBug said:

Brand new to crocheting. So, my list is simple and small for now. I will update as I go.

1. Working on a hat and scarf for my 16 year old

2. A hat and scarf for my dad

3. An afghan for my mother with various granny squares

Welcome!!!  Those projects sound very doable. And besides graph khans, I love making granny squares! We love to see pictures of your work if you're able to post any.

21 hours ago, ratdog said:

3 magnets down, one to go

151484197371553480887.jpg

So cute!

4 hours ago, Gardener said:

First gift finished, a pair of fingerless gloves for oldest dd’s Birthday at the end of the month.  I designed them myself, and I must confess that I had quite a time making a second one to match the first. However, I did finally figure out what I did, and have written the pattern down it will appear on my blog after DD gets them. The pattern is a bit hard to see in this dark purple yarn, but it’s a shell stitch design.

371FAC3B-E828-4AA1-865D-92023533CFF6.jpeg

E35864F3-2FD3-4B61-AA99-3ED8451B478D.jpeg

Very pretty! Cindy, as with baby booties, I often have to make three of these gloves in order to get a pair close in size!:rofl

3 hours ago, Debbie Caldwell said:

My first gift for 2018 will be "Starburst the Unicorn" (paid pattern) for my niece's birthday in February. I also have an ongoing project in which I use scraps for Amigurumi pets that are donated to the local EMS & PD's for the children involved in emergency calls. I'm sure there will be more.

Welcome to the CAL!  That will be a fantastic gift! I love your little Ami projects, too - crocheting for charity is what many of us love to do.

I mailed a baby hat to someone (a request) because the weather has been so awfully cold I know it'll be weeks till I visit her and her boys even though she's less than 1/2 hour away! I used some leftover Teal Blue and a free pattern I found online that used HDC - makes for a nice, dense hat.

Happy hooking!

Ratdog love the magnets.

Gardeber  the fingerless gloves are pretty.  I am with bgs, I make one look great and for some reason the second one never looks right, especially with baby booties.

Well I have the graph ghan done except for the edging.  I am, as of now, putting 2 rows of dc of each color.  After that is done, I will see if it is big enough.

Here is the picture of what is done.

Progress Afghan  (2).JPG

Progress Afghan  (3).JPG

The buttons are designed for covering in fabric.

They come in two pieces to wrap the fabric around the top and then "pinch" it in place with the backing. The set has a tool for pushing the back and front pieces securely together.

Very easy

richsgirl - I've never done the invisible join - at least I don't think so...lol! I just do what looks right to me.

Thank you.  I gave it to him yesterday and he said he liked it.  He was going to put it on his couch.

Guys do not gush and I rarely see his wife, as she still works.

If I every make another one, I know how I can make it bigger.

Judianne, I am not a baseball fan, so I only watch it, if any team (Phillies or Tampa) are in the series.

Archived