To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

So we are fast approaching Thanksgiving and allowing for mailing time that leaves just a few weeks to finish up those gifts!

My tally is:

2 kitchen sets (drying mat, scrubbies, wash cloths, dirty/clean dishwasher sign)

3 embroidered make up pouches

1 Stanley Cup pillow

Thats it for this year for Christmas gifts. Purchased gifts for the guys this year.

Also made myself a shawl.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratdog, I like the fact that you made yourself a shawl! And buying the guys stuff is often a better idea. Most women are more apt to appreciate handmade things, in my experience.

I'm working a  rev HDC border on the white blanket, so it'll be finished today - need to crochet the cross to attach for after its washed. Used Caron Pounder and like how it feels afterwards. Next, I'm going to finish knitting my eclectic scarf with two types of gifted yarn, and make some more baby hats before I start a lapghan. No time frame for anything, just want to keep using stash!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning.  I finally finished the second kit of ugly sweaters.  Now I have to pack some of them up to get them overseas.  Last year one did not get there till January.  Bummer. 

Here is where you can see them.

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving. 

We went to Orlando to spend some time with friends from up north.

No plans for Christmas other than quiet at home with immediate family.

My next project will start after the holidays. Blankets for project linus.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:22 AM, ratdog said:

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving. 

We went to Orlando to spend some time with friends from up north.

No plans for Christmas other than quiet at home with immediate family. To me, that's a perfect Christmas....

My next project will start after the holidays. Blankets for project linus.

My outlet for hats and blankets is my nurse neighbor who works at a NICU part time. Hats aren't my favorite thing tome, but they needed some small ones for the the tiny preemies.

I am new to the forum, but not crochet.  I have been teaching my wife to crochet (yes guys can crochet....).  Since it is late in the year, all of our gifts are for Chanukah.  We arm crocheted a jumbo yarn throw for mah-in-law.  Two eldest daughters' winter hats (in Texas many call the toboggans but most others call them beanies) in a size six yarn with an undersized hook (6mm) to keep them tight and warm.  Still working on the one for the youngest daughter (should be finished tomorrow).  Crocheted a basket-weave toboggan for my wife's friend.  Needle pointed a kippa (a birthday gift from mah-in-law).

Most of the rest of December will be working on projects for us.

After the first of the year, I'm sure more gifting opportunities will present themselves.

Hi everyone. I haven’t been around, because I haven’t finished anything except a few charity hats. Well here we are heading into December and guess who decided that a crocheted afghan would be a perfect gift for DD2?  That’s right....me....sigh....I don’t know why I do this. I did this last year too.  

At least I already have several afghans started, (I had 8 blocks out of 25 done on the one I chose to finish), so I’m hoping this is doable.  Here is one of the blocks  it’s a log cabin afghan, all the blocks are the same  I will probably do several at a time, assembly line fashion.  Sewing blocks together is not one of my favorite things to do, but I think it will be a great looking afghan.  Plus, all yarn is from my stash.

image.jpg

Love the colors you chose.

I hate sewing the squares together also.  I try and do them in a row.  One row then another, then I sew the rows together.  Don't ask me why, but it seems to go faster.

She will love this afghan.

Hi peeps!

On 11/28/2018 at 7:06 AM, ammo Veteran said:

I am new to the forum, but not crochet.  I have been teaching my wife to crochet (yes guys can crochet....).  Since it is late in the year, all of our gifts are for Chanukah.  We arm crocheted a jumbo yarn throw for mah-in-law.  Two eldest daughters' winter hats (in Texas many call the toboggans but most others call them beanies) in a size six yarn with an undersized hook (6mm) to keep them tight and warm.  Still working on the one for the youngest daughter (should be finished tomorrow).  Crocheted a basket-weave toboggan for my wife's friend.  Needle pointed a kippa (a birthday gift from mah-in-law). Wow! What terrific projects! You sound very creative.

After the first of the year, I'm sure more gifting opportunities will present themselves.

Welcome to the group! We'll be starting a new one for the first of the year. And as far as guys crocheting, there are two other  talented ones who come to mind in addition to you: Drew Embrowsky and Mikey from ...a senior moment here, but someone will chime in with the group's name. Oh, if you ever want to share patterns here they need to be ones that aren't copyrighted.

As was already mentioned, we do love to see pictures if you're able, and we'll be looking forward to hearing about what you create! It would be great fun if your wife ends up loving crochet ...I can only imagine the brainstorming that would be going on in your home...lol!

On 11/28/2018 at 1:51 PM, Gardener said:

Hi everyone. I haven’t been around, because I haven’t finished anything except a few charity hats. Well here we are heading into December and guess who decided that a crocheted afghan would be a perfect gift for DD2?  That’s right....me....sigh....I don’t know why I do this. I did this last year too.  

At least I already have several afghans started, (I had 8 blocks out of 25 done on the one I chose to finish), so I’m hoping this is doable.  Here is one of the blocks  it’s a log cabin afghan, all the blocks are the same  I will probably do several at a time, assembly line fashion.  Sewing blocks together is not one of my favorite things to do, but I think it will be a great looking afghan.  Plus, all yarn is from my stash.

I LOVE the log cabin pattern, but haven't ever had the urge to make one...lol! This looks great. Your work is always so perfect, Cindy.

image.jpg

23 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Here is a pattern I just got the last part for.  The pattern is called "Not a Creature Was Stirring".  I just got the whisk in the mail, so he is all ready to go to his new home.

Love the critter! ....and the peas in a pod laying at his feet😂

I'm still on Christening blankets for the church, though I did give my neighbor the small and even tiny hats I made for the NICU. Wednesday I suddenly decided to weave in the ends, and texted her when I was done. She just happened to be getting ready to leave her house for work in a very short time, so I dropped them off. She only works part time in the NICU.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:06 AM, ammo Veteran said:

I am new to the forum, but not crochet.  I have been teaching my wife to crochet (yes guys can crochet....).  Since it is late in the year, all of our gifts are for Chanukah.  We arm crocheted a jumbo yarn throw for mah-in-law.  Two eldest daughters' winter hats (in Texas many call the toboggans but most others call them beanies) in a size six yarn with an undersized hook (6mm) to keep them tight and warm.  Still working on the one for the youngest daughter (should be finished tomorrow).  Crocheted a basket-weave toboggan for my wife's friend.  Needle pointed a kippa (a birthday gift from mah-in-law).

Welcome to Crochetville!!

It sounds like you've been keeping busy!!  Terrific!!  Keep us informed on your projects!  And most of all--HAVE FUN!!!

That dress is super cute...

I'm currently working on Dish scrubbies in a few washcloths just simple projects to finish up for the holiday....

I have a few other projects I have to do but they're not crochet related they're other craft related...

Hi peeps

On 12/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Two things marked off my Christmas list--princess dress blankets for my GDs. And I'm on the last quarter of the yule tree throw for my DIL.

princess dress 1.jpg

princess dress 2.jpg

Adorable blanket idea! They will be cherished.

On 12/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, Jayashiangel said:

That dress is super cute...

I'm currently working on Dish scrubbies in a few washcloths just simple projects to finish up for the holiday....

I have a few other projects I have to do but they're not crochet related they're other craft related...

We love pictures of whatever gifts you're making - hand crafted presents are always great to see if you want to share!

It's good to see your works. I admire and relax 😎 

I've just finished packing all the stuff for my son to take to the school Christmas fair. There are felted gnomes and reindeer, Holiday totes and crochet dream catcher. I hope someone will buy it :)

I have few crochet Christmas balls ready to give to my friends at work. And I'm working on thread angels.

18 hours ago, Apak said:

It's good to see your works. I admire and relax 😎 

I've just finished packing all the stuff for my son to take to the school Christmas fair. There are felted gnomes and reindeer, Holiday totes and crochet dream catcher. I hope someone will buy it :)

I have few crochet Christmas balls ready to give to my friends at work. And I'm working on thread angels.

Anna, I love hearing about the variety of things you made for the fair - I'm sure they will sell....I've seen your beautiful work!

Archived