To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you like a graph with the cup on it in the size of a pillow?  Maybe you can take it from there and make the pillow.

Oh so your son is going to suffer with us here.  Always glad to have another fan.

Im going to try and make a 2D version of the cup big enough for a pillow.

I dont know how to do charts/ graphghan work. I'll figure it out, i like the challenge. 

Most of what I do is off the cuff with no pattern

I haven’t checked in here in a month or two.  I totally quit crafting for a while, just didn’t feel like it.  So many awesome projects have been posted!

Now that I have picked my hook back up, I decided that I was going to use up some of my stash.  In the past week, I have made two magic potholders and a dishcloth and have used up 3 balls of cotton yarn, plus some odds and ends.  Hopefully I am going to keep at it!  I usually put some dishcloths in my daughters stockings. This year they will get potholders too.  Hopefully the fact that I just used whatever yarn I had available won’t bother them.  A third, larger potholder is on my hook.  It will finish up 2 more balls of cotton, plus a few tiny balls.  (Sadly my cotton yarn box still looks just as full as ever.)

6CCB0A2B-76B0-4C3E-B7DC-3598840AD3DA.jpeg

Cindy, they look great! What's not to love!?

Bailey, I couldn't make as many little things as you do - fiddly stuff isn't always fun for me to make. You did a great job, and thanks for the link to the Farm one!

The Red Heart Crochet Textured Throw - My variation. The border is number 50, with an extra round of sc, from the Around the Corner Border book.

IMG_20180806_105848439_HDR.jpg.c53682c602daabeb4d27e0a629e8e94f.jpg

The throw is beautiful, judianne!

Gardener, the potholders will be well used, I'm sure :)

I'm not into crocheting as much as I thought I would in the summer - renovating at home and at school makes me a bit tired of everything...

But yesterday I started tiny thread purple butterflies for my brother's wedding. They want 250 of them to give as wedding favors. I already have 6 :lol. But my aunt helps too and the wedding is in October, so we'll do. I hope.

Love the pot holders and the afghan.

I can't seem to get moving either.  I have 2 projects started.

Wow Anna, 250?  Good Luck and yeah you have lots of time.  Glad you have help.  I am sure they are going to be beautiful and what a great wedding favor.

Thanks ladies!

16 hours ago, Apak said:

The throw is beautiful, judianne!

Gardener, the potholders will be well used, I'm sure :)

I'm not into crocheting as much as I thought I would in the summer - renovating at home and at school makes me a bit tired of everything...

But yesterday I started tiny thread purple butterflies for my brother's wedding. They want 250 of them to give as wedding favors. I already have 6 :lol. But my aunt helps too and the wedding is in October, so we'll do. I hope. What a sweet idea!

I was asked if I could make a baby ghan for a gift...I'll be paid (replacement yarn money is all I ask...lol)...so I decided to make the same pattern as the blue blanket but in white, with a G hook, so it'll be smaller and less "holey".   I scored over a  $17 discount at Michaels today! It means the big Pound of Love was free as was one of the five small RH Soft skiens. A nice surprise:yay

Hello everyone didn't fall off the end of the Earth.... I just didn't have anything to post as I have been working on things they are just not in the finished project stage more like all the ends need to be weaved stage........ also in June my dear daughter had reconstructive surgery again on her foot to help fix some of the previous surgeries ( she was born with clubbed feet) to fix the issue and alleviate  pain that it was creating..... she's had to stay at Grandma's house since we live in a mobile home... let's just say she couldn't climb steps LOL so I run back and forth helping out....so getting up at 1:30 in the morning to go to work and by the time I get home at 6 at night I get a little tired....

Found out one of DH's cousin's daughter about to become a Mom this time.  Little boy with a dinosaur themed nursery.  So, went on the hunt for a dino afghan and finished the first block.  Not generally a huge fan of charts or sewing blocks together, but this blanket seemed like a perfect choice.

Dinosaur Afghan Block 1

Those are both cute, Bailey!

This wasn't on my list but I made a shawl to give my best friend when it gets cold again. She always complains about it being cold at work in the winter. I used some Lion Brand Suede yarn that has been in my stash for quite a while.

suede shawl.jpg

Hi, hookers!

On 8/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Those are both cute, Bailey!

This wasn't on my list but I made a shawl to give my best friend when it gets cold again. She always complains about it being cold at work in the winter. I used some Lion Brand Suede yarn that has been in my stash for quite a while.

suede shawl.jpg

Ooohhh....LOVELY!! That suede yarn was always amazing! She'll love it!

On 8/24/2018 at 7:22 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the scarf.  The colors are pretty.

Here is the doll and clothing I made for it. The pink and black outfit is a bathing suit and hat.

Charity Doll Outfits (9).JPG

Charity Doll Outfits (12).JPG

Adorable outfits! I love the grey, pink and white combo outfit - I always seem drawn to that. I'll probably end up making a blanket to two for the NICU using those colors one of these days.

Archived