To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

The dolls are in AZ and waiting to go to the hospital.

Now I dress a doll for Bailey4's charity and here is one of the outfits I have made.  It is called Jane's Delight by Darski.  I had trouble finding outfits to fit this particular doll.  So I figured I would try this.  It is for a 15" PK doll.

Baby Sunshine (5).JPG

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who know Lea (minwife4boys), today is her birthday and she got the best gift she could get.  Her Princess.

She was born today!!! I am in love... Savannah Grace.... 8lbs 13 oz...21 inches long :)

Lea'ssavannah[34476].jpg

Mary Jo - that doll and outfit are adorable....

...and then I saw the adorableness that Lea has been blessed with!!!!! :heart

Lea...congratulations on your new baby!! She's just precious <3

I haven't been on in quite a while. We've been fixing up the house (LOTS of painting & cleaning & sorting stuff), and I was going through the process of getting approved for gastric bypass surgery, so things were really insane around here for a while. The house stuff is nearly done, and I had my surgery on 4/20. Had my 2 week follow ups at the end of this week and I'm healing up really well. I wasn't actually interested in working on anything during my recovery until 2 nights ago, and I pulled out yarn for at least 2 projects. I got a start on a baby blanket for one of the young ladies at church. Hopefully I'll have that done in the next week and move on to something else!! Sorry for the radio silence!

Hi Jessie! So glad to hear your surgery went well...being healthy is what it's all about! I'm happy to hear you found your crochet mojo again, too!!

Hi peeps! I'm still around...

Mary Jo - your Mother's Day table is gorgeous!!!!! The dolls are exquisite and so is the tablecloth! Did you make that too? You are a truly talented lady!

And, yes, life does have a nasty habit of getting in the way...:hug:heart

Hi Judianne, No I did not make the tablecloth.  My 2 sisters and I got a table cloth and a bed spread from my Mom one year.

I am holding them both for one of my nieces when it is time to pass them on.

Thank you for the compliments on the table.

Hello everyone! I have not been on in a while either. My days just flow. If I don't get on first thing in the morning its not going to happen. I am still working on a doll for my granddaughter's upcoming 2nd birthday. 

Meanwhile we continue our rv journey and are in South Dakota for the summer. I must say that people here are the nicest of anywhere we have been so far. Smiling, friendly faces literally everywhere I go. It's been great so far!

Stay safe on this holiday weekend, everyone...and lets all pause a moment to remember those who gave their all for our country.:heart

I finally finished something.  It feels like forever since I finished a project.  I've just not had great luck with crochet lately.  My niece is graduating from an Aggie high school with a Vet Tech certificate going on to college for Pre-Vet school.  So I found a Barbie Vet doll and crocheted the Barbie graduation gown and made up some of the honors stuff.

Barbie Graduation

Graduation Afghan

I finished this a while back but finally got a picture taken.  Before you ask, yes this is the crazy color scheme requested.  I made a similar one for another niece and she wanted one like it.

In other good news I FINALLY finished an 18" doll outfit.  I don't want to jinx it but I started another one.  Starting with some of my easier patterns, but I'm hoping to get my crocheting rhythm back.

Graduation afghan is wonderful! The crazy colors are perfect!

I've just finished the big octopus today - well, not so big, just for a newborn baby, but bigger than my key-ring octopi :) I wonder if it's an Octopi Year for me? I make other projects, but I've made many many many octopi.... Kids have fun :)

Bailey, I actually love the bright colors - always my first choice when I have free rein on a project.

Anna - adorable!!!

Finished a blanket sweater for a friend. Need to get a picture!

Stay well and have fun with those hooks.

Thanks, MJ! 

Back to my yarn puzzle...then baby blankets and hats, my favorite things to make! Oh - there are also the squares I'm making with the Stylecraft yarn I got (Woodland pack). Easy peasy....

Happy crafting, my friends!

Hi peeps! Been a while since I posted but I have been lurking.  Haven't been doing much crochet lately. But did get one gift done for DH for our upcoming anniversary.

He has a demanding job which allows me to work part time. So I started calling him my "scrubbing bubble" because he works hard so I don't have to! 

IMG_20180608_073518_01.jpg

Archived