Scores for the week ending 4/28/18:

First time ever---No medals this week!

Holding steady at 0: 

pineknott

greyhoundgrandma

PBLKNP

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -24

:reyes wow

Hope you're all better now, Holly. I hate computer issues. I'm still figuring out Windows 10 after my computer died recently.

I can't quite seem to get going on the next crochet project. Kind of lost my motivation.

Hi everyone!!

my recovery was a very odd mix of feeling ok but not actually wanting to do anything lol. I actually didn't touch yarn at all until two days ago, and then I pulled yarn out for at least two projects. Got started on a baby blanket, but haven't finished a skein or anything yet. I am feeling really good, have gone to my 2 week post op appointments and am doing well. Hopefully the next week sees a lot more hooking in my future!

WTD: 0

YTD: 84

• Like 1

I managed to get a couple more cat mats done after I found a sweater box full of scrap balls. I delivered 12 mats to the shelter today & sat and visited with the volunteers while petting on some cute kitties. 

WTD +28

Morning all! For the week 05/05/2018

Gold Medal Winner!  TexasPurl +28

Silver Medal Winner!  howieann  +3

Holding Steady!   greyhoundgrandmaInkked0317pineknott @ 0

Shoot the Moon Winner    PBLKNP -6

Have a great week everyone!

Glad you're better and back to crocheting, Jessie!

Hope you'll post a picture of the tree skirt when it's finished, Pam. I think I remember that pattern and was tempted to try it except for the joining.

It's going to be a busy, busy week, so probably not much crocheting time. Hope to have a relatively quiet day today.

• Like 1

Busy week and ended up with a sore throat. Haven't had the time or inclination to crochet. I did give my DIL a crochet lesson and sent her home with a ball of yarn to practice with....+1. I was a little concerned about the project she's wanting to tackle--java peacock feather afghan--but she seems to be picking up the stitches pretty quickly and doesn't have real tight tension.

Sorry you're not feeling great Mona. What fun to get to teach your DIL though!

Only completed 1 Shelter Mat this week using 5 balls.

Happy Mother's Day all!

Have a great week everyone! 

WTD +5

Edited by TexasPurl

May I please join you?

I am at the point where I am embarrassed when I walk by my yarn room with nobody even nearby.  It has gotten so out of hand that have to do something.

I did this a few years back but had to quit but I really need some 'encouragement' to not buy yarn.. will add .

so starting now I am

WYD - 0   YTD - 0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darski said:

May I please join you?

I am at the point where I am embarrassed when I walk by my yarn room with nobody even nearby.  It has gotten so out of hand that have to do something.

I did this a few years back but had to quit but I really need some 'encouragement' to not buy yarn.. will add .

Welcome to rehab! It's very odd that since joining this thread, I'm very mindful of the yarn purchases I make now. I hope it has the same effect for you! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  Happy Mother's Day to all the stash usting momma's lol.

Welcome back Darksi! I'v also noticed that I am much more careful of adding to my stash now that I started with this challenge. Last week was the annual Spinrite tent sale here in NC, and it's about 25 minutes from my house. I haven't missed a year. This year though,  I realized I've got 4 big bins of yarn and I honestly don't need any more, regardless of how great the deals are, so I skipped the sale. Hubs was worried that I was sick or something when I told him I wasn't going lol.

This week I made a baby blanket for a church friend and used 3 skeins and 2 balls (+8). I also am working on a big circular blanket that I've already put 3 skeins into (+6). I'm just going to make it as big as I can with the yarn that I have for it. 

All of my patterns are packed up right now so I'm kind of just doing this circle blanket to keep my hands busy. Hopefully we'll finish up the work around the house and get into the actual loan application soon. 

WTD:+ 14

YTD: +109

I'll update my signature when I get on my laptop. Enjoy your Sunday ♡

• Like 1

16 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Busy week and ended up with a sore throat. Haven't had the time or inclination to crochet. I did give my DIL a crochet lesson and sent her home with a ball of yarn to practice with....+1. I was a little concerned about the project she's wanting to tackle--java peacock feather afghan--but she seems to be picking up the stitches pretty quickly and doesn't have real tight tension.

We added a new member to our crochet club last year--she had NO experience whatever--and started with a lace medallion necklace!!!!  I think I started (some 65 years ago!) with a scarf!!!  Her second project was a sweater!!  She still doesn't know how to hold her hook and yarn properly, but it doesn't seem to hold her back--some 6 or 7 projects later!!!  Go figure!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

We added a new member to our crochet club last year--she had NO experience whatever--and started with a lace medallion necklace!!!!  I think I started (some 65 years ago!) with a scarf!!!  Her second project was a sweater!!  She still doesn't know how to hold her hook and yarn properly, but it doesn't seem to hold her back--some 6 or 7 projects later!!!  Go figure!

You never know, from one person to another. My good friend has wanted to learn, but just can't seem to get the hang of it. I've tried to get her to just keep practicing and hope it'll get easier.

I've been careful not to say anything discouraging to my DIL especially since she wants to make this blanket for her godmother who has cancer.

• Like 1

The Stashbuster Totals for May 13, 2018!

Sorry this took so long, but we went to my mother’s grave down by the shore, which took much longer than we anticipated...

Gold Medal Winner!  Inked0317  +14

Silver Medal Winner!  TexasPurl  +5

Holding Steady!

darski  0

howieann  0

PBLKNP  0

No one shot the moon this time!

Happy Mother’s Day all!

• Like 1