Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Well, there were a few purchases!

I plan to make the Red Heart Granny Tree Skirt for this year, and I’m determined to start it in time.  Every year, I wait too long and it’s too late.  As luck would have it, Michaels was having a 30% off yarn sale!  I got 7 of the 10 colors I need. I think I’m just going to have to order the other 3 colors online. For the life of me, I can’t find SS Lavendar, Claret, or Blue in any of our local stores. 

WTD = -14

Hi! I'v been working on a wolf graph baby blanket for a friend for a while and I'm finally finishing skeins! !!! I did have to buy 2 skeins (-4) of a contrast color for the border, but I used up 3 skeins and a ball (+7).

WTD: +3

YTD: +87

I've been getting very frustrated with how long it's taking me to get this project finished,  but we're also in the process of clearing out a decade's worth of miscellaneous stuff from my house, cleaning and painting to hopefully get a loan to build on a mother in law suite and that's been takingup the majority of my crochet time. We're nearly done though, so I'm very happy about that. I'v also been doing a bunch of preliminary appointments with various doctors to be approved for gastric bypass surgery, and the approval has come through. I'll be having my surgery this Friday,  so I may post a score Thursday night just in case I'm too loopy on Saturday lol. Enjoy your week everyone! !!

Jessie, hope all goes well with the surgery.

When I posted my score, I forgot about the ball of yarn I picked up at hobby lobby. It's for someone else but won't go out for a couple of weeks....-2

WTD -1

I'll post the scores when we get home...probably late afternoon.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Forgot to respond before!  Looks like I’ll be doing the totals next week! I just ordered the rest of the skeins for my tree skirt, but they haven’t arrived yet. I’m hoping they’ll show up soon, as I’m itching to get started! 

Hi all!!! I actually managed to finish this wolf blanket before I go for surgery tomorrow!  This week I used 3 skeins and 2 balls  (+8). 

WTD: +8

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi all!!! I actually managed to finish this wolf blanket before I go for surgery tomorrow!  This week I used 3 skeins and 2 balls  (+8). 

WTD: +8

Glad you were able to finish the blanket! I'll keep you in my prayers for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. 💐

• Like 1

Hi everyone! 2 more Shelter Cat mats done. Used 8 balls. Then we had a fast & furious trip to San Diego to see our nephew graduate from Marine Corp boot camp. Great to see him achieve his goals, but I am tired! Our flights were so turbulent I couldn't crochet a thing. Oh, well. Back home safe & sound and working on the tree skirt again. 

Jessie - I hope your recovery is going well!

Mona - Glad you're nearly done with that blanket!

WTD +8 

Edited by TexasPurl

Hi! Just wanted to check in and let you all know my surgery went wonderfully and I'm back home. Thank you for all the well wishes!

• Like 1

The Stashbuster Totals for April 22, 2018

Gold Medal Winner!  Inkked0317 and  TexasPurl +8

Silver Medal Winner!  greyhoundgrandma and pineknott  +2

Holding Steady!

howieann +0

PBLKNP  +0  

No Shoot the Moon this time!!!

Thanks, all!

• Like 1

So, here we go! Heading out to our local fiber festival in a few. I'm determined to resist impulse buys. On the other hand, I'm totally prepared for my stash to take a nasty hit today. Have a great day everyone!

TexasPurl

Edited by TexasPurl

The fiber festival was fun! I got to touch and gawk at the pretty new yarn. Most far too expensive for my budget, but it's nice to get acquainted with the finer fibers every now & again. I didn't do too terribly bad. I finished 1 Shelter Cat mat and continued on the tree skirt. Have a great week everyone!

WTD -24   YTD -50

Oh, thank heavens I’m in time!  I bought a skein of sock yarn at the CT Sheep, Wool, and Fiber festival yesterday, but I used up a skein last night, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0   YTD -36