Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Reminder: This is the last week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

It's been raining most of the day--almost 2" so far and 1-2" more expected tonight. The good part of that is I've spent the afternoon washing clothes and crocheting. I have a pretty good start on a baby blanket.

Hi everyone!!

I had a good hooking week! I finished up the owl basket I'd started last week and used 2 skeins and a ball (+5). Then, the same friend asked me to make another owl basket for her so I had to buy 8 skeins for that (-16), but I made the whole basket using 6 skeins and 3 balls (+15). I'm also working on a graph blanket for a friend and I'm about a third of the way done, but haven't finished any skeins yet. Hopefully next week will see that nearly done!

WTD: +4

YTD: +84

It looks like we've had an excellent week! I finished 4 thread projects. No balls used up on those though & I ordered more thread. It'll be awhile before it arrives. I also got a couple of shelter cat mats done. 

WTD +2   YTD -23

Happy Easter everyone!:rabbit :hen

For the week!. 😎🎊🤩

Gold Medal Winner!  pineknott  + 24 

Silver Medal Winner!  howieann  +5

Bronze is a tie!  greyhoundgrandma  +4 and Inkked0317  +4

Using up that stash!  TexasPurl  +2

Holding Steady!  PBLKNP  +0 

No Shoot the Moons this week.

For the MTD, I had -22.

• Like 1

YTD scores for the end of March:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +159

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +146

Bronze Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +84

PBLKNP -22

TexasPurl -23

March's Shoot the Moon Winner: howieann -34

Great stashbusting this week!!!

Hello all! I really thought I had a very productive week, but you sure can't tell it by my stash. Completed another Shelter Cat mat and finished & blocked 10 snowflakes I started in August but never went back to. I also have some nice Araucania cotton (12 skeins) I picked up at an estate sale a few years ago for $2 per skein. They still had the original tags on them at $14.95 per skein. Unfortunately, the color is awful. So I did some research and this morning I gave them all a bleach bath. It was a lot of work, but I'm happy with the outcome. They're still drying now. Best of all, my tax season is OVER!!!

WTD +3

Have a great week!

Edited by TexasPurl

Hi! I'm still working on a graph baby blanket for a friend,  but haven't finished any skeins yet. I'v got a bunch of stuff going on at home so I'm not even getting to touch my yarn most days. Hopefully though, things will calm down in a couple weeks and then I can get to some serious hooking!

WTD 0

2 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

Hello all! I really thought I had a very productive week, but you sure can't tell it by my stash. Completed another Shelter Cat mat and finished & blocked 10 snowflakes I started in August but never went back to. I also have some nice Araucania cotton (12 skeins) I picked up at an estate sale a few years ago for $2 per skein. They still had the original tags on them at $14.95 per skein. Unfortunately, the color is awful. So I did some research and this morning I gave them all a bleach bath. It was a lot of work, but I'm happy with the outcome. They're still drying now. Best of all, my tax season is OVER!!!

WTD +3

Have a great week!

great that you could salvage them,with a color you are happy with,I always love a good deal

• Like 1

I thought I might finish a skein on the baby blanket, but I got bogged down on starting the border. I really dislike the ones that tell you to do so many stitches evenly on a side and you have to add an uneven number of stitches on two sides and decrease on uneven number on the other two.

WTD 0

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 4/7/18:

Gold Medal Winner: TexasPurl +3

Silver Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

Holding steady at 0:

Inkked0317

greyhoundgrandma

pineknott

howieann

I think this is a record low scores week, but congrats on no Shoot the Moon for the week again!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! It's been a somewhat productive week for me. 2 more Shelter Cat mats done. Used 8 balls...+8. Also a little bit of progress on a new Christmas tree skirt. I'm using RHSS Jumbo on it. It'll be weeks before I finish a skein of that! Then my thread order arrived. So 10 balls of (oh so pretty) thread was added to the stash with no real project planned for them. -20. Hope everyone has a great week.

WTD -12