Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

not much yarn moved this week,so no increase on nest count,remains at 28

started at + 3,needed a new skein of teal - 2 = +1 today I whittled some more balls down 

wtd + 5 ytd + 114

I FINALLY used up a skein.  The bad news is that my step-daughter has larger feet than I thought...I’m going to have to get another skein of yarn to finish off her socks (I’ve already warned her they’re going to be bi-colored, as I’ll never match the dye lot again).  But, for this week, I used up yarn, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2  YTD -10

Hi all!! I'm sorry I haven't been on since I posted my score last week...yes, it was a very fun shopping trip, especially because Hubs kept all the kids at home and I could just focus on all the pretty yarn without distraction lol. I just bought colors I liked that I didn't have in my stash, but I've already got two of the colors pulled out again to be used in a baby blanket at the request of a friend. She crochets, but it's a graph-ghan and she's really pressed for time so I offered to make it for her. I'll be working on that in the next week.

This week, I made 3 Easter bunny peep cuddlers (http://3amgracedesigns.com/easter-peep-kawaii-cuddler/) for kids at church. I used up 3 skeins of yarn (+6). I also reorganized my stash and finally made the call on a whole bunch of yarn I've had for years that I will most likely NEVER use it, so I pulled the whole group for donation. 28 full skeins (+56). 

I will be posting scores tomorrow, but not until mid-to-late afternoon. We've got church and then lunch with a family friend who's son just graduated Marine Corps boot camp this week and is home for a few days! 

WTD: +62

YTD: +96

Wow we have some really great scores this week!!!

Gold : Inkked0317 (+62)

Silver : LegalWoman17 (+10)

Bronze : TexasPurl (+7)

Bustin' the Stash!

Pineknott (+5)

PBLKNP (+2)

Holding Strong!

Greyhoundgrandma (0)

Shoot the Moon!

Howieann (-26)

• Like 1

Not a lot of stash used this week, but finished and published my new cowl pattern. I call that a good week tater! I also got my new front door spring wreath made.

WTD +2 

Edited by TexasPurl

I went last night to “KnitFlix” at the Canton Public Library (CT).  It’s this very fun event they do every other month, where they have us all gather at 6:00 p.m. for dinner (which we bring ourselves), they provide snacks and beverages, and then at 7:00 they show a movie (usually based on a book).  We all sit in comfy chairs and knit or crochet during the movie.  As part of this, they also have a swap, where you can bring yarn, tools, or books to swap with others.  I brought 5 skeins of yarn I wasn’t using, so:

WTD:  +10

YTD:  +0

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  I kind of hit a slump this week and just didn't crochet at all until today. So no yarn used, but no yarn bought either!

WTD:0

Scores for the week ending 3/17/18:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +12

Silver Medal Winner howieann +11

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +10

LegalWoman17 +5

TexasPurl +2

Inkked0317 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

Great job--No Shoot the Moon Winner!

• Like 1

Happy Saturday all! I finally finished the blanket I've been working on for eternity. Still have to take pictures. I rolled all the leftovers.The next few weeks will be slim. Working on a thread project. Have a wonderful week y'all!

WTD +7

MAJOR Stash backsliding this week... 😈😈😈

A member of our knitting/crocheting group met up with a woman who needed to sell her yarn.  She’s relocating to AZ and sadly, she can’t craft anymore, due to Rheumatoid Arthritis.  We all bought some yarn.  I got 11 skeins of Berocco in a lovely purple color.  So:

WTD: -22  YTD: -22

Hi all!!! I also backslid this week, but it was for really good reasons lol. A brand new Hobby Lobby opened 20 minutes from my house and I've actually never been in one, so the kids and I went on opening day (Monday) and I bought 3 skeins  (-6) to make something for my eldest. Then I made a baby blanket for Hub's coworker and used 1 skein and 2 balls (+4). And then I was asked to make another owl basket and needed to buy the yarn for that, so I bought another 10 skeins  (-20). I've used 3 of those skeins so far (+6). So, all in all, I got some stuff and I used some stuff, so it's not as bad as it could have been lol.

WTD : -16

I'll update my signature when I get on my laptop tomorrow afternoon. I hope everyone has a great week! 

Scores for the week ending 3/24/18:

Gold Medal Winner: LegalWoman17 +10

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +8

Bronze Medal Winner: TexasPurl +7

HollyzHobbyz +3

greyhoundgrandma +2

Inkked0317 -16

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -22

Edited by greyhoundgrandma